Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Justice Scalia passes away

Quote:If jefferson saw our current tax system he would lead a second revolution.

Jefferson's been shaking his head for years wondering why haven't already done it ourselves.

Only a chump boos the home team!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:By any means necessary I support impeading the federal government at all levels. But I'm always told this congress gets nothing done and I'm curious what is it that you've been hoping for that hadn't been done?

For starters taking care of the soldiers who come back from war all effed up physically and mentally.  If their sole purpose is to obstruct everything because their time is bought by special interests who want to clog an already sluggish process, why do we need them?  This Congress does not represent the people.

Quote:It won't be Obama. It will be the next person up. There were attempts made on 2nd Am rights but due to Scalia they would end in 5-4 votes that were in favor of gun rights. That doesn't bode well down the line.

With the number of ammosexuals in 'Murica, the number of guns still being purchased daily and the number of ghost guns created which can never be tracked, I wouldn't worry about not having enough guns for your imagined martial law, Red Dawn, "they're coming to get us" doomsday prophecy.   

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2016, 10:33 AM by Dumptruck.)

Quote:With the number of ammosexuals in 'Murica, the number of guns still being purchased daily and the number of ghost guns created which can never be tracked, I wouldn't worry about not having enough guns for your imagined martial law, Red Dawn, "they're coming to get us" doomsday prophecy.   
You must have me confused with someone else or you are just projecting. Just because one is pro 2nd Amendment it does not mean they fit your little pants urinating delusion about all gun owners being some Ted Nugent cartoon.

The people elect opposition to the president to oppose the president.

In theory the structure of checks and balances should make ot hard for the government to impose its will on the people unless it has overwhelming consensus. Its supposed to be hard to impose new laws on the people.

Quote:You must have me confused with someone else or you are just projecting. Just because one is pro 2nd Amendment it does not mean they fit your little pants urinating delusion about all gun owners being some Ted Nugent cartoon.

The logic still applies. There is no way for all the guns to be taken away.

Good riddance but may he RIP

Quote:The logic still applies. There is no way for all the guns to be taken away.
No, actually your sassy little barb didn't apply. I don't recall saying that I thought "all the guns" would be taken away.

However, read up on Heller vs. DC. That was a 5-4 decision to overturn the city ordnance that made concealed carry illegal. If the supreme court shifts in ideology one justice, decisions like this about personal self defense down the road will not bode well for people living in places like Chicago and D.C. who aren't "ammosexuals" as you put it but just regular joes who want to be responsible for their own self defense.

Quote:For starters taking care of the soldiers who come back from war all effed up physically and mentally. If their sole purpose is to obstruct everything because their time is bought by special interests who want to clog an already sluggish process, why do we need them? This Congress does not represent the people.

What does congress have to do with the lack of efficiency in the VA? Or are you suggesting the VA has a funding problem?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:The President selects, Congress vetts, and the Judiciary remains independent. The system works fine.
The entire political system is broken. From top to bottom. 

Quote:With the number of ammosexuals in 'Murica, the number of guns still being purchased daily and the number of ghost guns created which can never be tracked, I wouldn't worry about not having enough guns for your imagined martial law, Red Dawn, "they're coming to get us" doomsday prophecy.   
Not all of us who own guns are ammosexuals gearing up for some perceived martial law. I purchased a shotgun after my elderly neighbor's home was broken into (thankfully she was not home) and several other homes in the area were broken into. Six months out of the year I am alone overnight while my husband works nightshift an hour away. So if something were to happen I want to be able to defend myself so my shotgun stays by my bed. Anyone coming through my bedroom door will not make it far. I also have a .45 we keep in the livingroom. 

After several carjackings and parking lot robberies skyrocketed in the city he works he bought two 9mm and got his concealed carry. He carries one and keeps the other in his car. Easy to reach when he's in it, not so much when he isn't. And when he's home they all come in the house and are in various locations. 

For such a small town we have had an explosion of crime in the past few years and we don't have a problem with defending ourselves. A couple of guys with a car loaded with drugs and guns sped from a State Trooper two counties away and ended up in my front yard a couple of months ago. Thankfully the ST was right behind them but if he hadn't these guys could have busted into my house and jacked me up and that's really a non-starter for me. As it is there ended up being no less than 8 LEO vehicles in my yard by the end of it and it was some serious business. So yeah, I have a problem with the idea of anyone messing with the 2nd amendment and/or my ability to arm myself for defense purposes. 

Consider me an amosexual preparing for martial law. The ones that aint preparing for it are crazy if you ask me.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:True colors showing. Defend the Constitution above all..   until this happens and a representative of your party ISN'T sitting in the White House.   Now you want the Senate to block Obama's ability to name a replacement.  Scalia's body isn't even cold yet and you want to take a dump on his legacy.  Scalia would demand the sitting president name the new justice.  The Constitution requires it.

True patriots here. If I could give you all American flag lapel pins, I would.

True story.

I enjoy how some of the nuts in Congress have said no one the President is qualified...without knowing who these people will be.

Typical.

Quote:Consider me an amosexual preparing for martial law. The ones that aint preparing for it are crazy if you ask me.

Who's going to enforce martial law? The folks in uniform who are our brothers, sisters, sons and daughters? It will never happen. In the almost impossible event the government ever imposed nationwide martial law, it would be enforceable for only a short while before mutiny upset it. Military folks aren't robots, Eric.

Dont forget the black oil virus... Fight the future!

Nobody has ever said we shouldn't be allowed to purchase guns to protect our homes. But that's the narrative you are buying. Which is why gun sales are at all time highs. Unfortunately, all the other collateral damage that comes with having so many guns is also trending upwards.

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2016, 06:05 PM by Kotite.)

Quote:What does congress have to do with the lack of efficiency in the VA? Or are you suggesting the VA has a funding problem?

They vote against funding to help our soldiers at every turn, but stand next to these same soldiers they dump on whenever they can get a good photo op to appear patriotic.

Quote:Not all of us who own guns are ammosexuals gearing up for some perceived martial law. I purchased a shotgun after my elderly neighbor's home was broken into (thankfully she was not home) and several other homes in the area were broken into. Six months out of the year I am alone overnight while my husband works nightshift an hour away. So if something were to happen I want to be able to defend myself so my shotgun stays by my bed. Anyone coming through my bedroom door will not make it far. I also have a .45 we keep in the livingroom. 

After several carjackings and parking lot robberies skyrocketed in the city he works he bought two 9mm and got his concealed carry. He carries one and keeps the other in his car. Easy to reach when he's in it, not so much when he isn't. And when he's home they all come in the house and are in various locations. 

For such a small town we have had an explosion of crime in the past few years and we don't have a problem with defending ourselves. A couple of guys with a car loaded with drugs and guns sped from a State Trooper two counties away and ended up in my front yard a couple of months ago. Thankfully the ST was right behind them but if he hadn't these guys could have busted into my house and jacked me up and that's really a non-starter for me. As it is there ended up being no less than 8 LEO vehicles in my yard by the end of it and it was some serious business. So yeah, I have a problem with the idea of anyone messing with the 2nd amendment and/or my ability to arm myself for defense purposes. 

As long as you pass the background check, what has Obama or the SCOTUS done to endanger your right to own a gun?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:As long as you pass the background check, what has Obama or the SCOTUS done to endanger your right to own a gun?

How are they to live in irrational and unfounded fear when you bring reality into it?

Quote:As long as you pass the background check, what has Obama or the SCOTUS done to endanger your right to own a gun?

You know, I want to retract that----when you have a President with this mentality, you can see that the mentality of the gun faction:

"I DO NOT BELIEVE IN TAKING AWAY THE RIGHT OF THE CITIZEN FOR SPORTING, FOR HUNTING, AND SO FORTH, OR FOR HOME DEFENSE.

BUT I DO BELIEVE THAT AN AK-47, A MACHINE GUN, IS NOT A SPORTING WEAPON OR NEEDED FOR DEFENSE OF A HOME."

I can see that---that can lead to some really quick evaporation of rights.  REAL quick.  You can see through the intent of that statement.

Just trying to scare us when we have all of these gun crimes happening.