Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Peyton Manning not the squeaky clean guy his marketing image portrays?

Quote:"Chicken Parm and Bud Light gas"

"Look out here comes Peyton's Twins."

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:First heard about this in 2001, personally. The extent Peyton and Archie went to just to ruin her career is new, though.
You do realize this "article" is strictly from her point of view.  This reads more like the author has a vendetta than real journalism.

BTW just so you know when Manning wrote his autobiography and brought this incident up about 8 years ago I hammered him at the time for breaking the terms of the original settlement.  If memory serves me correctly she sued him and another settlement was reached.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2016, 11:18 AM by SilentJaguar.)

Considering that Peyton's version of events was the one that was mainly accepted when this story broke back then, I have no issue with it hearing from her POV.

Nice read on the topic(s) - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/147783...erence-nfl

Quote:This is old news.  How anyone old enough back then did not hear of it simply was not paying attention.

I clearly wasn't paying attention.   As much time as I have spent following the NFL over the years,  the NY Daily News article in the beginning of this thread is the first time I became aware of this story.   At least for me,  the relevant information in the article is shocking and beyond extremely disappointing.   This despite Peyton Manning making a positive difference for many,  many people over the years.  

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2016, 03:50 AM by D6.)

Back in January, 2005,  around the time of the Colts 2004 season road playoff game against the Patriots,  Mike Freeman wrote a story for the Florida Times-Union about the  Peyton Manning- Jamie Naughright situation:

Manning still battling college foe

http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/storie...sV0dWfSmM8

I read the thread topic, and thought of Peyton Manning's SNL skit... and then laughed and wrote this comment... didn't feel the thread was worth reading though..

The paper that accused him is going out of business & was a desperate grasp for viewers

Quote:You do realize this "article" is strictly from her point of view.  This reads more like the author has a vendetta than real journalism.

BTW just so you know when Manning wrote his autobiography and brought this incident up about 8 years ago I hammered him at the time for breaking the terms of the original settlement.  If memory serves me correctly she sued him and another settlement was reached.

It should be from her point of view, not many others have done it from that angle.  She one hundred percent deserves this article for everything that she has gone through.  Her life was turned upside down.  Forget the settlements, she didn't ask for any of this to happen. 

He was a punk kid that was entitled that continued to lie to his dad and because he became famous in the NFL he felt like he better cover his image a bit more.  I say good for her for someone putting a story like this out there.

Chicken Parm on bread is goooood

Nationwide is on your side

Quote:Chicken Parm on bread is goooood

Nationwide is on your side

I thought is was "Chicken Parm you taste so good..."
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I thought is was "Chicken Parm you taste so good..."

na, it was "Chicken Parmesan is food."

Quote:I thought is was "Chicken Parm you taste so good..."

It should have been ""this training table sure is cold"

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:It should have been ""this training table sure is cold"

Please don't go and tell on me...
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

"Someone can't count syllables"

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I used to live in Brownsburg, a suburb of Indy, and had to drive past the Colts Complex on 56th Street to get home. Couple of times, by sheer chance, I was behind Manning going over the Eagle Creek bridge. Was either a dark green Explorer or Expedition 4x4. 

Manning stories are a dime a dozen here. Got another one today from a guy at the gym I talk to regularly about his daughter being at a club a few years back and Manning getting frisky and "disappearing" with a 19-20 year old friend of hers. My issue isn't his behavior, it's the lying and posturing as "a family man with Christian values". 

The story was noteworthy in that his teammates called him out not only on lying about the incident but also in slurring her character afterwards. What's it say when your own teammates, surely placed under pressure by UT to not damage his or their rep, won't play along and toe the party line? 

Quote:I used to live in Brownsburg, a suburb of Indy, and had to drive past the Colts Complex on 56th Street to get home. Couple of times, by sheer chance, I was behind Manning going over the Eagle Creek bridge. Was either a dark green Explorer or Expedition 4x4. 

Manning stories are a dime a dozen here. Got another one today from a guy at the gym I talk to regularly about his daughter being at a club a few years back and Manning getting frisky and "disappearing" with a 19-20 year old friend of hers. My issue isn't his behavior, it's the lying and posturing as "a family man with Christian values". 

The story was noteworthy in that his teammates called him out not only on lying about the incident but also in slurring her character afterwards. What's it say when your own teammates, surely placed under pressure by UT to not damage his or their rep, won't play along and toe the party line? 

Pretty crazy.  Amazing how those types of stories were kept quiet, and you know the media types up there knew all about it, but there was no way they were going to say a word because they knew they would be shut out by the organization.

Wonder where JW is for all of this?