Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thoughts on Jags FA, Draft, future...

Quote:I would like something like this to happen...

FA:

Tamba Hali/JPP - LEO - Either guy would be a 1-2 year deal which allows Dante to ease back and alleviate pressure for Dante

Reggie Nelson/Eric Weddle - FS - Vet to shore up the FS spot. Rookie will be groomed behind him

Trumaine Johnson - CB - Perfect fit for the Bradley scheme

Zach Brown - OTTO - All the physical tools (6'1" 253 and runs a 4.44) and seems to have fallen out of favor with the Titans

Would also resign Henne, Marcedes, Wiz, Harbor, and Ryan Davis.

Draft:

1) Joey Bosa - DE - Stud DE to pair with Fowler going forward

TRADE - Our 2nd and 3rd to move up to get...

1) Jaylon Smith - MLB - Would start on PUP and ease him into the lineup. MLB of the future.

4) Sebastian Tretola - G - Mauker who could allow Cann to slide to C

5) Kevin Byard - FS - Centerfielder to groom behind the FA FS

6) Glenn Gronkowski - HB - H-Back to add versatility to the offense

6) Aaron Green - RB - Shifty guy to add another dimension to the offense

7) Alex McCalister - LEO - Long, explosive DE that would fit well as a LEO

Apart from Jaylon Smith that is almost exactly the kind of off season I want! Tretola green and Byard great picks,that free agency would be a home run for me also.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Apart from Jaylon Smith that is almost exactly the kind of off season I want! Tretola green and Byard great picks,that free agency would be a home run for me also.

A FA class like that would also set up the cap favorably going forward. If you get Tamba/JPP and Nelson/Weddle they would be shorter deals, which should set you up well with the ARob, Bortles, Telvin, Linder, etc contract extensions coming.

It would take the rest of our draft to trade up from 38 to where we would need to to get Jaylon Smith. 

Quote:It would take the rest of our draft to trade up from 38 to where we would need to to get Jaylon Smith.

According to the NFL draft trade charts, our 2nd and 3rd would be equal to pick 23. The rest of our draft would put us at pick 19. A lot will depend on how well Jaylon is healing and how willing a GM is willing to risk a high pick on him.

Either way we could stand pat with our picks and still get some good players.

Quote:According to the NFL draft trade charts, our 2nd and 3rd would be equal to pick 23. The rest of our draft would put us at pick 19. A lot will depend on how well Jaylon is healing and how willing a GM is willing to risk a high pick on him.

Either way we could stand pat with our picks and still get some good players.
That chart doesn't really mean anything, but yeah you'd have to trade into the top half of the first round to get him. 

Maybe we should trade up to guarantee us Aguayo.... Since kicker is so important

Quote:That chart doesn't really mean anything, but yeah you'd have to trade into the top half of the first round to get him.

It gives you a good idea.

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2016, 10:45 PM by wg171.)

The Jags have the state of Florida, lots of $$$, a weak division, and a strong chance at the playoffs if they can improve the defense. They should be quite attractive to FA's.

I don't "think" Vernon will be tagged but Miami will for sure try to sign him to a backloaded deal. Still he may want to test FA after the deal Curry got

Some FA's the Jags should be very interested in...Vernon, Gipson/Nelson, Johnson/Jenkens, and Trevathan if they are available. Sorry, but I pass on Weddle as I would like to have a ball hawking center fielder

As far as the O-Line goes I like Osemele as a FA and Tretola in the draft

Never, never fall in love with one guy in the draft is a good rule to follow...hopefully DC does well enough in FA to be able to pick BDPA. Bosa, Ramsey, Jack, Spence, any could be the Jags pick. If Jaylon Smith were to fall low enough I would love to move up for him, but that currently seems a big if

Note: Currently I would prefer Ramsey as a corner over FS due to his poor hands. Seems to be a playmaker...but mostly around the LOS. Nelson looking better and better to me at FS

I wouldn't mind a kicker in the 5th round of he's absolute money. Watching Hauschka and Gostkowski, you just have a feeling they are going to make it every single time, and they usually do. I want that feeling for our next kicker.

Watching Myers trot out there would give me anxiety.
Shock the world

Quote:Note: Currently I would prefer Ramsey as a corner over FS due to his poor hands. Seems to be a playmaker...but mostly around the LOS. Nelson looking better and better to me at FS

Nah. 

Quote:"At the 2016 Quicken Loans All-Star Football Challenge held at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, the cornerback from Florida State prevailed in the hands competition. He beat Baylor receiver Corey Coleman and Notre Dame receiver Will Fuller. Coleman is the No. 2-rated receiver in NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks' draft prospect position rankings."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ompetition

Dolphins are going to restructure Suh and cut one or both of Wake and Cameron to keep Vernon. Sounds less and less likely he's going to hit the market...which should have been expected really.

Less big FAs with the cap going up by that much.

Yeah, already too high FA expectations have to be lowered even farther with news that the cap is going up $12 million. 

Quote:Yeah, already too high FA expectations have to be lowered even farther with news that the cap is going up $12 million.

Yea, looks like we might lose out now.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2016, 05:29 PM by MikePete54.)

Let's try something, I think, realistic :

FA :

- CB Janoris Jenkins or Sean Smith

- FS Eric Weddle

- DE Jason Pierre Paul (still better with one hand than what we already have).

- G Kelechi Osemele

- DE Mario Williams

Draft :

-1st round : CB/S Jalen Ramsey

-2nd round : DT Vernon Butler

-3rd round : DE Carl Nassib

Re-sign Henne, Ryan Davis, Anger and Wiz.

Quote:Let's try something, I think, realistic :

FA :

- FS Eric Weddle

- G Kelechi Osemele

- DE Mario Williams
There's a strong chance these are the #1 (top tier regardless) players that hit the open market at their respective positions. I don't think the other 31 teams are going to let us monopolize FA like that. 

Quote:Let's try something, I think, realistic :

FA :

- FS Eric Weddle

- G Kelechi Osemele

- DE Mario Williams

Draft :

-1st round : CB/S Jalen Ramsey

-2nd round : DT Vernon Butler

-3rd round : DE Carl Nassib

Re-sign Henne, Ryan Davis, Anger and Wiz.

I laughed out loud when I read "realistic."
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

OK I understand, I suck at this game Smile

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2016, 04:43 PM by HolsterHusto.)

My realistic FA class for the day:

Tashaun Gipson - FS - Browns

Jeff Allen - G - Chiefs

Casey Hayward - CB - Packers

Zach Brown - OTTO - Titans

Looks like the pass rush FA class will dry up quick. Would still entertain the idea of dangling a 2nd or 3rd and 5th to NE for Chandler Jones if Dave can't get a pass rusher via FA.

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2016, 05:00 PM by Deacon.)

Quote:My realistic FA class for the day:

Tashaun Gipson - FS - Browns

Jeff Allen - G - Chiefs

Casey Hayward - CB - Packers

Zach Brown - OTTO - Titans

Looks like the pass rush FA class will dry up quick. Would still entertain the idea of dangling a 2nd or 3rd and 5th to NE for Chandler Jones if Dave can't get a pass rusher via FA.

As much as I love the idea of Chandler Jones being on the 2016 Jacksonville roster, I don't see any way that Belichick trades him away. Belichick trades old guys, not young guys coming off of career seasons.

But! What better use for the offseason than to engage in a little wishful thinking.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!