Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We are the Orlando Magic of the nfl!

Quote:The detail is in the link.

My interpretation of Khan's vote of confidence regarding Gus is that he has every intention of seeing Gus fulfill his coaching obligation.
So you really think if we lose the rest of our games which will be 4 wins on the season and the worst defense in the franchise Dave wont look for an upgrade?  I think Khan will let Dave make the decision anyway and im sure Dave will get an upgrade because his job will most likely be on the line next year if we dont win more than 5 or 6 games

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So you really think if we lose the rest of our games which will be 4 wins on the season and the worst defense in the franchise Dave wont look for an upgrade?  I think Khan will let Dave make the decision anyway and im sure Dave will get an upgrade because his job will most likely be on the line next year if we dont win more than 5 or 6 games

Sure Dave can go to Khan, but it doesn't mean he will sign off on it.

Until he states otherwise, I will believe and prepare myself for Gus being here in 2016.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2015, 12:41 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Sure Dave can go to Khan, but it doesn't mean he will sign off on it.

Until he states otherwise, I will believe and prepare myself for Gus being here in 2016.
Khan has already said he lets Dave make the personnel and coaching decisions. Khan wanted Tebow but Dave didnt and see what happened? But you can keep telling yourself Gus will be here next season

We have plenty of talent....that's the problem.

Orlando Magic have actually made it to a championship game............. Can't say we're on par with them yet Wallbash

Quote:Just realized it.

Magic were in tank mode ever since Howard left that team in shambles.

We have been in draft rebuild mode ever since the terrible drafts of previous management

After three years of adding young pieces, Magic fire their uncompetitive coach and hire someone who can get the most out of their young talent to try and make a low seed playoff run and potentially get the most out of their excess of young assets.

After three years of tanking, we have solid pieces that can be competitive. One more good defensive draft this year, and maybe a healthy fowler, and this team is ready to make a low seed playoff run with the right coach.

After the playoff run magic will become Attractive place for top free agents: or have good trade bait for a superstar with solid blocks around him to get deep into playoffs.

We still lack a gamechanger. Maybe one of our young guys will turn into that... But if we make a strong run we will become an attractive team due to our promising youth.

the end of the rebuild is in sight. We just need the coach to get us there. We are almost there!!

I like Gus, but sometimes it's better for both parties to just step away. We need a proven winner who can get the most out of our young guys. A new environment sometimes is better. It can re energize a team and will get them out of this mindset of losing that this staff had been accepted into due to our need to build through the draft in previous years.

We need to put those years behind us, the only way to do that now is to get a coach with only one objective from day one of his hiring... Get to the playoffs. That was not the expectation for Gus when he got here, it wasn't his fault. But somewhere down the line losing became associated with the atmosphere surrounding this staff.

Just like the magic we need to scrap this atmosphere and bring in a new winning, competitive atmosphere. With that we will be much more competitive. The pieces are there. We should be thinking playoffs with this core group in place.
... isn't that what we already did when Dave gutted the team several years ago?

Quote:We're the 76ers

I'd compare the 76ers more to the Gene Smith era.  GMs that have a unique idea to the prior mentality of other GMs in the business but refuse to believe their strategy totally sucks.  Hence, the reason why other GMs refuse to utilize such strategies.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2015, 06:27 PM by TTechJag85.)

Quote:... isn't that what we already did when Dave gutted the team several years ago?
But we all knew we were going to suck for a while when he gutted the team. Losing for the regime he hired was acceptable due to the rebuild.

Now we have pieces... Maybe if gus was hired now things would be different I don't know. But we need a coaching staff hat from day one heir objective and expectation should be to win. That was not the case a few years ago when Gus was hired. Again not his fault, just the reality of it. This team may need fresh proven voices in their ears in order to take the next step. Because we are losing games we should be winning in unacceptable fashion. I attribute that to a losing atmosphere. Don't think Gus can fix it now.

Funny OP started this thread because I was telling someone the same thing yesterday.  Fan of both Jags and Magic.  Magic are light years ahead of last years team with the same players and a new coach.  We are going to spin our wheels here as long as Gus remains the head coach.  The players play hard for him but their just out schemed and out coached every week.