Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We are the Orlando Magic of the nfl!

Just realized it.

Magic were in tank mode ever since Howard left that team in shambles.

We have been in draft rebuild mode ever since the terrible drafts of previous management

After three years of adding young pieces, Magic fire their uncompetitive coach and hire someone who can get the most out of their young talent to try and make a low seed playoff run and potentially get the most out of their excess of young assets.

After three years of tanking, we have solid pieces that can be competitive. One more good defensive draft this year, and maybe a healthy fowler, and this team is ready to make a low seed playoff run with the right coach.

After the playoff run magic will become Attractive place for top free agents: or have good trade bait for a superstar with solid blocks around him to get deep into playoffs.

We still lack a gamechanger. Maybe one of our young guys will turn into that... But if we make a strong run we will become an attractive team due to our promising youth.

the end of the rebuild is in sight. We just need the coach to get us there. We are almost there!!

I like Gus, but sometimes it's better for both parties to just step away. We need a proven winner who can get the most out of our young guys. A new environment sometimes is better. It can re energize a team and will get them out of this mindset of losing that this staff had been accepted into due to our need to build through the draft in previous years.

We need to put those years behind us, the only way to do that now is to get a coach with only one objective from day one of his hiring... Get to the playoffs. That was not the expectation for Gus when he got here, it wasn't his fault. But somewhere down the line losing became associated with the atmosphere surrounding this staff.

Just like the magic we need to scrap this atmosphere and bring in a new winning, competitive atmosphere. With that we will be much more competitive. The pieces are there. We should be thinking playoffs with this core group in place.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What's frustrating is that we do look so close to being legit.  And then at the same time we just make the stupidest mistakes where it just seems like we have no idea how to football.

The culture of winning is just not there.  Mental mistakes seem to cost us every week.

But you're right, we're really close to being legit.

As for the Magic reference, I don't think we've picked up a Shaq type player yet on our D.  But you could say we have a Penny Hardaway on our offense.  Who else was on the Magic team?  I want to say that there was a really good player that played college ball at Georgia Tech, but the name escapes me.

A great HC wouldnt need over 3 years to turn a team around... look Andy Reid in KC the team went from leagues worst to winning 10 straight games the moment he became HC (sure they've struggled at times in a very hard division with Denver), but I am simply saying Cowher had once said you coach up what you have not clean wipe the team for the scheme you want (only to see that fail too but wait years to see that the HC still stinks)...

time for a change I hate to say it because I like Gus but this is simply ridiculous... at least fire Babich!

No not really.

The Magic fired Vaughn when they realized he was horrible with his substitution patterns and could not maximize his players potential.

They hired Skiles who has held the entire team accountable by benching players who underperform.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote: I want to say that there was a really good player that played college ball at Georgia Tech, but the name escapes me.

Dennis Scott
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

I would compare us more the Major League the movie than any other entity. Simply because we were(and sometimes are) the talk of relocation, and the product on the field is just plain awful at times, and seems near intentional lol. 

We're the 76ers

Were stuck with same coaching staff for the foreseeable future... I dont know what kind of agenda Shad has.. but its def. not to win.

Quote:No not really.

The Magic fired Vaughn when they realized he was horrible with his substitution patterns and could not maximize his players potential.

They hired Skiles who has held the entire team accountable by benching players who underperform.

And? We are in Vaughn mode... Not getting the most out of potential. We need to find someone who will hold our young guys accountable and be competitive.. That's what I am saying.

I remember going to Magic games in the 90's. Those were the days. Penny had 3 identical Lambo's, but different colors, you could hear Shaq coming from a mile away in his car, the vibe around the stadium was amazing before the game. I always found it odd that Orlando couldn't keep a superstar, but every time I am in Orlando, I tell myself I could never live here, so maybe that's it.

Ahh, the good old days.

Quote:What's frustrating is that we do look so close to being legit.  And then at the same time we just make the stupidest mistakes where it just seems like we have no idea how to football.

The culture of winning is just not there.  Mental mistakes seem to cost us every week.

But you're right, we're really close to being legit.

As for the Magic reference, I don't think we've picked up a Shaq type player yet on our D.  But you could say we have a Penny Hardaway on our offense.  Who else was on the Magic team?  I want to say that there was a really good player that played college ball at Georgia Tech, but the name escapes me.
He is talking about the team now, they have probably the best young roster in the league IMO along with Minn.  Hennigan is a top 5 GM though IMO

Quote:And? We are in Vaughn mode... Not getting the most out of potential. We need to find someone who will hold our young guys accountable and be competitive.. That's what I am saying.

The point is the Magic made the step of changing coaches, the Jags haven't made that step yet.

Khan already said Bradley is back next season, so in essence the Jags are like the Sixers.

Quote:He is talking about the team now, they have probably the best young roster in the league IMO along with Minn. Hennigan is a top 5 GM though IMO

This.. Sorry if I didn't make this clear.

Quote:The point is the Magic made the step of changing coaches, the Jags haven't made that step yet.

Khan already said Bradley is back next season, so in essence the Jags are like the Sixers.
link?

Quote:The point is the Magic made the step of changing coaches, the Jags haven't made that step yet.

You're right about that. I should have said we have the potential to be like the magic. We have talent just need the right guy in place.

The comparison is even more legit because the Magic play in the garbage East where all you need is a pulse to make the playoffs and we play in the weakest division in football.

Quote:You're right about that. I should have said we have the potential to be like the magic. We have talent just need the right guy in place.
Sean McDermott?  I think he could come in here and fix this defense and we could keep our offensive staff so nothing changes with Bortles development.  I also think he could be a great coach

Quote:He is talking about the team now, they have probably the best young roster in the league IMO along with Minn.  Hennigan is a top 5 GM though IMO

LOL, sorry guys...  I don't follow the NBA that closely anymore...  I'm out of my league regarding the analogy then...  

It's an interesting thought to consider, if the Magic are a team with high talent that under-perform, it's pretty much what we got here.  Yes, I know, our D has holes, but the holes we have should result in break downs here and there.  But it seems that we have total collapses for long stretches of every game we play.  And even on offense, there are mental mistakes that kill us, even though we have real stars on that side of the ball now.

On a side note, we're definately not the 76ers...  

U clearly haven't watched the magic.. Just came off a 5 game win streak with oladipo off the bench and lost yo by 10 to clips in la.. U need help

U clearly haven't watched the magic.. Just came off a 5 game win streak with oladipo off the bench and lost yo by 10 to clips in la.. U need help