Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Not on Gus

Quote:No way. I hated fisch's college gimmick offense.  I'm a  old school NFL offense philosophy, power football, power running between the tackles, and vertical passing attack.

Well, tell me then...  Why do you think Gus's coaching isn't a major part of the problem of this team?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This thread has a lot of potential to become epic.

Naw...  I see this thread getting merged into the Fire Gus thread.  That thread is like a black hole, consuming all things in it's wake--- including this thread

Quote:Well, tell me then...  Why do you think Gus's coaching isn't a major part of the problem of this team?
I would say the majority would think that he used his timeouts correctly this time. lol

Quote:I would say the majority would think that he used his timeouts correctly this time. lol

LOL, There is that.  I will concede that Bradley did well in his calling of timeouts.   :thumbsup:

Bears seem to be playing solid defense with minimal talent. Shocker that they have a good HC in Fox who knows how to get the most out of his talent. They held Rodgers to 13....

Gus should know these guys by now but he is forcing this scheme on these guys when we don't have the personnel.

Quote:If Gus has been getting worse every season why do we have the best offense since 2007?
Because we don't have the best offense since 2007. Our QB has set a franchise record and A. Rob has passed the 1,000 yard milestone. But our offense as a whole has failed to outscore our opponents most of the time. Victories are the measure, not individual stats.

Bradley has them 4-8...if you don't think a good coach has this same team 8-4 or better then you are delusional.  Talent is there. 

Quote:Bradley has them 4-8...if you don't think a good coach has this same team 8-4 or better then you are delusional.  Talent is there. 

Some truth there. The defense has completely collapsed due to injuries, age, etc. It literally is a perfect storm there that I think will easily be corrected back to normal next season. I also think if we weren't running a complicated seattle-like defense, The jags probably would have one or two more wins. Just to clarify, I hate standard defenses but when your squad is decimated, It helps minimize the damage. Seattles defense cannot be ran with success with a decimated squad. This isn't Gus' fault because his defense is superior...when fate doesn't get in the way.

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Quote:Some truth there. The defense has completely collapsed due to injuries, age, etc. It literally is a perfect storm there that I think will easily be corrected back to normal next season. I also think if we weren't running a complicated seattle-like defense, The jags probably would have one or two more wins. Just to clarify, I hate standard defenses but when your squad is decimated, It helps minimize the damage. Seattles defense cannot be ran with success with a decimated squad. This isn't Gus' fault because his defense is superior...when fate doesn't get in the way.

I have to disagree...what injuries?  Fowler and Marks?  Fowler was going to be an unproven rookie.  I'm sure he'd help but he wouldn't probably impact our wins/losses.  Marks is decent but this roster this year has been one of the healthiest is many seasons in my opinions.

Jags fans are so used to sucking really bad that we make these lame excuses.  Good teams lose key players and still find ways to win (just look at the QBs we have faced this season!).  Bradley is a bad coach who doesn't know how to get the most out of his team, period.  Nice guy, bad coach!

Quote:Gus didn't miss the extra points or snap the ball over Bortles' head. However I'm frustrated with the defensive scheme because we don't currently have the pass rushing talent it requires. Honestly I think we bring in more defensive free agents and maybe swing a trade on top of using 80% of the draft picks on the defensive side of the ball. I think the offense is where it needs to be, minus maybe some more o-line help, this upcoming offseason will be spent on the defensive side of the ball.

Does anybody else agree with Mrs. Bradley?.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:It's amazing how some people in here just love mediocrity
is just as amazing how some people can believe in this short span of 3 years after gutting the roster to the very bone, that we should be lighting the league on fire...The key to sustained success is experience assuming you have  players that develop...That takes time and experience and there is no promise that every player can develop into what the team needs either...I'm not saying Gus hasn't made mistakes, Lord knows he has, but at the end of the day, the problem(s) with this team are by far youth and experience...Could another coach get more wins with this roster? People say yes, but that's unknown, and can not be known, nor can it be proven

Quote:is just as amazing how some people can believe in this short span of 3 years after gutting the roster to the very bone, that we should be lighting the league on fire...The key to sustained success is experience assuming you have players that develop...That takes time and experience and there is no promise that every player can develop into what the team needs either...I'm not saying Gus hasn't made mistakes, Lord knows he has, but at the end of the day, the problem(s) with this team are by far youth and experience...Could another coach get more wins with this roster? People say yes, but that's unknown, and can not be known, nor can it be proven
Lol

Another coach would do better with this team. I wish we had Del Rio and this offense. We all know we would be .500 or better with JDR

At least one of the 3 phases (offense, defense, special teams) fails big time in every game.  There is no one else to hold accountable for that than the head coach. This isn't a new phenomenon. Coaches who fail to get the entire team to execute get fired all the time.  I like Gus and the culture he brings but he just doesn't what it takes to be a head coach in the NFL.  He would be best to go back to being an assistant or a head coach in college where the game isn't nearly as complex.

Quote:Lol

Another coach would do better with this team. I wish we had Del Rio and this offense. We all know we would be .500 or better with JDR

The knock on JDR was that our offence was too plodding and methodical - that it lacked big play ability in the passing game.

Gus definitely isn't helping the defense

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2015, 10:40 PM by Sosa.)

JDR would've had this team clinched for the playoffs already. He gave up on his team because they SUCKED and we were starting guys from the streets. Thanks to Jeans Miff.

Quote:Gus didn't miss the extra points or snap the ball over Bortles' head. However I'm frustrated with the defensive scheme because we don't currently have the pass rushing talent it requires. Honestly I think we bring in more defensive free agents and maybe swing a trade on top of using 80% of the draft picks on the defensive side of the ball. I think the offense is where it needs to be, minus maybe some more o-line help, this upcoming offseason will be spent on the defensive side of the ball.

Here is the thing, Gus Bradley is a defensive minded head coach & this is his Defense scheme installed which is the same that he ran in Seattle but he doesn't have the players to execute it.  It's all about stopping the run but you need that FS & SS & CB that seattle has to execute it (if nothing else the FS which Brown hasn't played to the level they really need).

The DBs have been below average to the worst for 3 years, with House being the only decent (average) one.

I cant watch another year of the so called Run stop defense get run on and everyteam looks like the best passing team against them.. its really sad I could lip read Mularkey telling Mariota that the DBs stink...

How does run a 87-yard run midway thru the 4th qtr?

The Jaguars got out coached by a HC that GM Dave Caldwell deemed not worthy of coaching the Jaguars what does that say of Gus Bradley whom has yet to get more than the 4 wins Mularkey had?

Its time that the Jaguars look at either firing Gus, Babich, or Dave or all of the above.. 3 or 4 wins every year for 3 years is unacceptable in the NFL!

Wow, somebody is drinking the Gus Juice. The dude is the worst coach in football but its not him.

Quote:Gus definitely isn't helping the defense

It seems to be getting worse.

I remember the defense actually playing well in a few games last season, while the young offense struggled.

Is that true or is my memory just fading away like the Jag's playoff hopes did?

Quote:Here is the thing, Gus Bradley is a defensive minded head coach & this is his Defense scheme installed which is the same that he ran in Seattle but he doesn't have the players to execute it.  It's all about stopping the run but you need that FS & SS & CB that seattle has to execute it (if nothing else the FS which Brown hasn't played to the level they really need).

The DBs have been below average to the worst for 3 years, with House being the only decent (average) one.

I cant watch another year of the so called Run stop defense get run on and everyteam looks like the best passing team against them.. its really sad I could lip read Mularkey telling Mariota that the DBs stink...

How does run a 87-yard run midway thru the 4th qtr?

The Jaguars got out coached by a HC that GM Dave Caldwell deemed not worthy of coaching the Jaguars what does that say of Gus Bradley whom has yet to get more than the 4 wins Mularkey had?

Its time that the Jaguars look at either firing Gus, Babich, or Dave or all of the above.. 3 or 4 wins every year for 3 years is unacceptable in the NFL!

Mularkey was 2-12 in his 1 season here, but I get the rest of your points.