Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles will be a beast

ESPN said today that since week 5,only Tom Brady has thrown more TD's than Blake Bortles.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:ESPN said today that since week 5,only Tom Brady has thrown more TD's than Blake Bortles.

Since week 2, Bortles has 25 TDs compared to 24 TDs for Brady.

Since week 8, Bortles had 12 TDs compared to 11 TDs for Brady. Actually, since any week week 8 (the Jaguars bye week) until now, Bortles has the edge.

'02

Quote:ESPN said today that since week 5,only Tom Brady has thrown more TD's than Blake Bortles.

Thats the kinda crap that gives you a chub early in the morning if your apart of the Jags organization.

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Imagine how many TDs Blake would have if he could throw a good red zone fade.

'02

And some people still claim he's the reason we lose games......

The defense came up big for us a couple times but the offense has shown up more times than the D.

Let's get someone in here who knows how to use the players correctly and to their strengths on D and we are playoff bound.

Quote:Yes he is

Yeldon, beast

Greene, beast

Marks, beast

Walters?  Beast?  I think so! 

Walters reminds me of Dennis Northcutt.

'02

Quote:Walters reminds me of Dennis Northcutt.
I forgot all about that guy. But that's actually a very good comparison! Agree.

Huh? Walters can catch the football. Northcutt could not.

Quote:Huh? Walters can catch the football. Northcutt could not.

If my memory serves of Northcutt, I think he get's blamed for that one drop in the Patriots Divisional game...  Am I remembering that right?

Northcutt bailed out Garrard most of that season, if my memory serves.

All those beasts and stats mean nothing if you can't beat the teams in your division. Aren't we last again. ( in the division )

Quote:If my memory serves of Northcutt, I think he get's blamed for that one drop in the Patriots Divisional game... Am I remembering that right?

Yep. Dropped it right at the goaline.

Northcutt was very good in Cleveland. He was no star/stud, but you get my drift. He was okay in Jax, but gets remembered for the drops in the playoff game.

Man Im so proud of Bortles

Quote:Northcutt was very good in Cleveland. He was no star/stud, but you get my drift. He was okay in Jax, but gets remembered for the drops in the playoff game.

He always had trouble with drops. Cleveland, Jacksonville, and Detroit. Walters does not. I'm not saying Walters > Northcutt by any means, but it's just an odd comparison considering they have different weaknesses.

Northcutt was a tremendous possession receiver. Go look at his stats. He could make any catch, and he was great at knowing where the first down marker was. His problem was that he could never get any YAC and would typically fall down as soon as he caught it. But with the Jaguars and with his prior teams, nobody ever questioned Northcutt's hands.

'02

Quote:If my memory serves of Northcutt, I think he get's blamed for that one drop in the Patriots Divisional game...  Am I remembering that right?

Northcutt bailed out Garrard most of that season, if my memory serves.

Yeah, it was a glaring drop, but one drop. He was not a guy that would just drop pass after pass. He was also given a great deal of respect by Browns fans who would tell you he was one of their best when he was there. I don't recall his days with Detroit, but he could catch the ball.

'02

In 2002 with the Browns ,Northcutt had 38 receptions and 31 first downs. Pretty efficent.

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2015, 03:53 AM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:Northcutt was a tremendous possession receiver. Go look at his stats. He could make any catch, and he was great at knowing where the first down marker was. His problem was that he could never get any YAC and would typically fall down as soon as he caught it. But with the Jaguars and with his prior teams, nobody ever questioned Northcutt's hands.

Year / Drops / Targets / Drop %

2000 / 9 / 81 / 11%

2006 / 5 / 45 / 11%

2008 / 5 / 68 / 7.4%

2009 / 5 / 63 / 7.9%

For comparison:

Allen Hurns

2014 / 6 / 97 / 6.2%

2015 / 1 / 81 / 1.2%

Allen Robinson

2014 / 1 / 81 / 1.2%

2015 / 3 / 124 / 2.4%

Brian Walters

2015 / 1 / 45 / 2.2%

Over the course of his career, Dennis Northcutt was not nearly as sure handed as you are remembering. His 2007 year with us was good (1 drop, 73 targets) but his 2008 year had a 7.4% drop rate which is not low.

Quote:Year / Drops / Targets / Drop %

2000 / 9 / 81 / 11%

2006 / 5 / 45 / 11%

2008 / 5 / 68 / 7.4%

2009 / 5 / 63 / 7.9%

For comparison:

Allen Hurns

2014 / 6 / 97 / 6.2%

2015 / 1 / 81 / 1.2%

Allen Robinson

2014 / 1 / 81 / 1.2%

2015 / 3 / 124 / 2.4%

Brian Walters

2015 / 1 / 45 / 2.2%

Over the course of his career, Dennis Northcutt was not nearly as sure handed as you are remembering. His 2007 year with us was good (1 drop, 73 targets) but his 2008 year had a 7.4% drop rate which is not low.

Well done bringing the facts. I stand corrected. I guess I remember him most from 2007 because I didn't recall him dropping much, and he was fairly well respected leaguewide at the time.

'02