Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New Jaguars GM?

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2015, 03:48 PM by C'MON JAGS.)

Quote:Don't matter if I do, by they way people are reacting everyone is just gonna say I jus wrote it. Dang jus thought it would be fun so share this info. Sheesh everyone is a critic

Don't take it so personal,

Jags fans are just angry right now because we are 4-7 and we really should be 6-5, maybe even 7-4 and leading the division, but we just couldn't beat a rookie Qb who was a turnover machine at the time, a 40 yr old QB who hadn't taken a meaningful snap in years, a journeyman QB who had torn ligaments in his hand, a Qb who couldn't beat out Ryan Mallet in the preseason and a team which had lost 6 straight games and was 2-8 coming into Jax.

And there's a good chance they will lose to another rookie QB this week.

There's a lot to be angry about around here.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2015, 08:52 AM by Doc Holliday904.)

I can make the right pick with hindsight to lol

I don't remember all of my mocks but I'm pretty sure all the players I picked were Pro Bowlers/All Pro's/Future Hall of Famers. Look at me.

I hate looking back on drafts. It kills me that we could have Earl Thomas and JJ Watt

Quote:I hate looking back on drafts. It kills me that we could have Earl Thomas and JJ Watt

Don't forget drafting CB Rod Issac just a few picks before Richard Sherman.

Nice. What about the other 50 picks?

I got happy for a minute....thought Caldwell got canned

Yeah, who wants a GM that picks good players?

like Sergio, Beatles, Gearhart, Ace, Cyp, etc etc

I could list the good ones but I'm not going to play down to your level.

I'm glad I wasn't our GM.  Some of my picks would have been better than Gene Smith's and Shack's (I really wanted Joe Flacco, though we didn't really need a QB), others would have been terrible though (Geno Smith and Jimmy Clausen).  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I got happy for a minute....thought Caldwell got canned

You're trying too hard.

Who ya got in the Super Bowl?

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2015, 02:56 PM by atburg.)

Quote:I got happy for a minute....thought Caldwell got canned
Please enlighten us on who we should get. Or maybe you're up for the task.

Is there a link back to the old board?  I saved a lot of mock draft stuff from myself and Mad Dog there, it was some fun stuff.  Mad Dog was always right except when he wasn't Smile

Quote:So I found my old mock draft notebook and I was looking through my old mock drafts, started doing it in 2007. Here's what it looked likd.

Jaguars pick: Reggie Nelson

My pick: same

I think we all expected him to be the next great NFL safety, doin well with CIN though.

Jaguars pick: Derrick Harvey DE

My Pick: Ryan Clady OT

I can't believe he fell to the Broncos, I'm a big believer in building a team though the trenches, I was very high on him.

Jaguars Pick: Eugene Monroe

My pick: Brian Orakpo

When I made the draft I was tempted to pick Eugene but ended up mocking us trading back to take Orakpo

Jaguars Pick: Tyson Alualu

My pick: Earl Thomas

Loved watching this ball hawk fly around the field at Texas, I remember praying for us to pick him during this draft.

Jaguars pick: Blaine Gabbert Sad

My pick: JJ Watt

I thought he fell to us and it would be automatic, this guy's has been a man amongst boys since day 1. Then when the Gabbert picked happen i threw my beer at the floor... I already knew what was coming

Jaguars pick: Justin Blackmon

My pick: Michael Floyd

I really wanted Blackmon not gonna lie but had us sitting put at 7 and taking Floyd.

Jaguars pick: Luke Joeckel

My pick: Kyle Long

I had us trading back with the chargers who needed pass rush (D. Jordan and ziggy). I honestly never saw the hype with Luke as well as with Fischer.

Jaguars Pick: Blake Bortles

My pick: Khalil Mack

Obviously I am Very Very Happy we ended up picking Blake who I think will be an elite QB soon but I had us picking Mack as I was unaware of blakes potential, although I also mocked us trading back into the late 1st round to pick Derek Carr.

Jaguars Pick: Dante Fowler

My pick: same

He's gonna be a force in this league, watch... just watch

[Image: Ufbr5ej.jpg]

The OP is definitely this guy: 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Alright guys, Lay off. I think most of hate stems from the post screaming "Hey look at me and how great I am at college scouting" at its core. The guy really could have good intentions/honesty and wanted to share that with all of us. I for one apologize for immediately throwing you under the bus in my first post. 

Can't wait to see whats next. 

I never did a mock draft, per se, however I'm confident I would have drafted Thomas Brady first round.

Quote:I never did a mock draft, per se, however I'm confident I would have drafted Thomas Brady first round.

You're such a Girl ... everyone knows you draft Payton What first.