Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New Jaguars GM?

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2015, 10:44 PM by Hawaii_jaguar.)

So I found my old mock draft notebook and I was looking through my old mock drafts, started doing it in 2007. Here's what it looked likd.

Jaguars pick: Reggie Nelson

My pick: same

I think we all expected him to be the next great NFL safety, doin well with CIN though.

Jaguars pick: Derrick Harvey DE

My Pick: Ryan Clady OT

I can't believe he fell to the Broncos, I'm a big believer in building a team though the trenches, I was very high on him.

Jaguars Pick: Eugene Monroe

My pick: Brian Orakpo

When I made the draft I was tempted to pick Eugene but ended up mocking us trading back to take Orakpo

Jaguars Pick: Tyson Alualu

My pick: Earl Thomas

Loved watching this ball hawk fly around the field at Texas, I remember praying for us to pick him during this draft.

Jaguars pick: Blaine Gabbert Sad

My pick: JJ Watt

I thought he fell to us and it would be automatic, this guy's has been a man amongst boys since day 1. Then when the Gabbert picked happen i threw my beer at the floor... I already knew what was coming

Jaguars pick: Justin Blackmon

My pick: Michael Floyd

I really wanted Blackmon not gonna lie but had us sitting put at 7 and taking Floyd.

Jaguars pick: Luke Joeckel

My pick: Kyle Long

I had us trading back with the chargers who needed pass rush (D. Jordan and ziggy). I honestly never saw the hype with Luke as well as with Fischer.

Jaguars Pick: Blake Bortles

My pick: Khalil Mack

Obviously I am Very Very Happy we ended up picking Blake who I think will be an elite QB soon but I had us picking Mack as I was unaware of blakes potential, although I also mocked us trading back into the late 1st round to pick Derek Carr.

Jaguars Pick: Dante Fowler

My pick: same

He's gonna be a force in this league, watch... just watch

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We'd be the Texans. All D, no O.

That D though......

Quote:We'd be the Texans. All D, no O.

Well that's all just first round, I also had us taking Carr, we stil would've had the Allen bros, Yeldon and Thomas through FA... with Clady and Long as out tackles.... sooooo...

Yeah, sure, man. Glad you worked out all the kinks. My bad!

Quote:Assuming Teddy gets pick #1 overall, who is our guy? I wanna hear your option Jaguar Nation. The front runners are:

J. Manziel, B. Bortles, J. Clowney, A. Barr, now I'm hearing K. Mack.

Who do you guys want? Personally unless Teddy falls to us by some miracle I'm all for Clowney. Maybe Manziel I see some big upside to him and you know people will tune into our games and we might get a lot of national spotlight cause everyone loves watching Johnny. I think that Bortles is severely Overrated, nothing jumps out at me when I watch this guy, a 2nd round talent to me. Clowney however is the best guy in this draft easily, since his first couple games people knew he would be. Big, athletic freak, strong, fast and pass rush is a big need for us and would give us a great young duo at DE. Again unless Teddy falls to us I say we don't even go QB in the draft, I say we build a strong team get talented players and build chemistry for the future so a QB can come into our team and not be set up to lose. There's also a lot of Great talent coming out next year (Mainly Jameis).

Quote:I honestly don't see the hype with Carr. I hope today's game opened ur eyes. Most of the time it's short passes or screens that turns into big plays, if we take him at 3 or 4 it's gonna be jus like his brother a top pick QB that BUSTS, smh. I hate wen people make decisions off of stats and YouTube highlights, watch full game tape on the guy, nothing special at all I have him ranked 5th in QBs goin into the draft. We aren't gonna gamble a top 5 pick on a guy like that, trust me
Wait a sec.?  Cmon man

1. Most of your "picks" were no brainers. 2. flgatorsandjags kinda just outed you.

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Quote:Wait a sec.?  Cmon man
You did him dirty man... LOL.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2015, 10:50 PM by Hawaii_jaguar.)

Quote:Wait a sec.? Cmon man

What does this prove? I said I hated the fact that he would be a top 5 pick and didn't wanna use the 3rd overall for him, I also still think blake will be better than he will. Mock also means you go by what you think the franchise will do and I remember Carr was a hot topic in jacksonville... personally I still think he's overrated... I did say blake was overrated thats why I put Khalil mack, obviously I was wrong about blake. So what does this prove? Besides that was in January, a lot changes in a few months. Clowney YES wouldve been my pick but i had him goin first overall... lol dang, hater

David Carr?

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2015, 10:43 PM by Hawaii_jaguar.)

Quote:David Carr?

LMAO whoops...

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2015, 10:34 PM by Hawaii_jaguar.)

Quote:1. Most of your "picks" were no brainers. 2. flgatorsandjags kinda just outed you.

1.If they were no Brainers then why did we pass on ALL of them

2. How did he out me? I said we would take Khalil Mack. I didn't like blake in the draft that's why I chose mack, obviously I was wrong.

Quote:David Carr?

I think he's free, may as well give him a call

i'm gonna go ahead and say pics or i don't believe it.  looks more like you went through the drafts and cherry picked to make yourself look good.

If not good job but i'm not a believer.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:i'm gonna go ahead and say pics or i don't believe it. looks more like you went through the drafts and cherry picked to make yourself look good.

If not good job but i'm not a believer.

Don't matter if I do, by they way people are reacting everyone is just gonna say I jus wrote it. Dang jus thought it would be fun so share this info. Sheesh everyone is a critic

Quote:Don't matter if I do, by they way people are reacting everyone is just gonna say I jus wrote it. Dang jus thought it would be fun so share this info. Sheesh everyone is a critic

you take yourself way to serious for this place. 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2015, 10:52 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Don't matter if I do, by they way people are reacting everyone is just gonna say I jus wrote it. Dang jus thought it would be fun so share this info. Sheesh everyone is a critic
"Personally unless Teddy falls to us by some miracle I'm all for Clowney."

But the miracle happened and you wanted Mack? [Image: roflmao.gif]

Quote:you take yourself way to serious for this place.

Lol I found my mock drafts and thought it would be fun to talk about with people. Didn't know people would come after me. But oh well...

Quote:"Personally unless Teddy falls to us by some miracle I'm all for Clowney."

But the miracle happened and you wanted Mack? [Image: roflmao.gif]

Yeah I had Clowney and Teddy goin 1 and 2 that's why... anymore u wanna try with?

Quote:1.If they were no Brainers then why did we pass on ALL of them

2. How did he out me? I said we would take Khalil Mack. I didn't like blake in the draft that's why I chose mack, obviously I was wrong.
Pick a person you wanted! First you said Mack, then it was Clowney, then Carr, but not really Carr because he was overrated like Blake???

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock