Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who to root for in week 12

Anyone who wants to win the AFCS will need help from other teams. Common opponent is easy because 14 of  the 16 games are the same. This topic deserves is own thread.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:KISS, Hope the Jaguars win, hope Tennessee upsets Indy and Houston. You do not want to get into a tiebreaker deal with Indy(3-0 AFCS) if they have the same W/L record as you, because if they get to 7 or 8 they likely have a better division record than you, and possibly Houston having the same advantage themselves(2-1 AFCS) over the Jaguars(1-2 AFCS). They simple way to look at it, if you tie with either of them, you are extremely likely miss the playoffs and finish behind them via tiebreakers.. This is why division games are so darn important. We are literally a FG away from 2-1 and being in an awesome spot to post a 5-1 division record. Just hope the division loses every week and Tennessee upsets the Colts and Texans. Its unlikely but one can dream right? Another way is to win out, obviously the hardest route but if we want playoffs generally those teams win down the stretch. We have the SOS to do it, lets hope we get hot at the right time.

Mariotta looks good and they played us tough. I'm confident the Titans will beat one of them (probably colts with Luck out).

Tiebreak #1`= Jaguars sweeping the Titans

Tiebreak #2 = Jaguars sweeping Colts

Tiebreak #3 = Texans sweep Jaguars

To count the entire division record, we obviously need to include all 16 games on each team's schedule. I will post more information later when it all begins to make more sense.

Quote:Tiebreak #1`= Jaguars sweeping the Titans

Tiebreak #2 = Jaguars sweeping Colts

Tiebreak #3 = Texans sweep Jaguars

To count the entire division record, we obviously need to include all 16 games on each team's schedule. I will post more information later when it all begins to make more sense.

I don't know what you intend to do here exactly, but keep in mind the Jaguars cannot sweep the Colts because they already lost a game to them.

'02

Quote:Using that information, can you figure out if we can win the division without a winning record?

Well, the Jaguars could win the division record tiebreaker with all three at 7-9 provided we win our divisional games, the Texans beat the Colts, and the Titans beat both the Colts and Texans. That would put the Jaguars at 4-2 in the division with the Colts and Texans at 5-3. If the Titans lose to either of them, then it gets tricky with the common games tiebreaker if its even possible.

'02

Quote:Colts schedule...

Bucs - L

@ Steelers - L

@ Jaguars - L

Texans - W

@ Dolphins - L

Titans - W

7-9 record

Texans schedule

Saints - W

at Bills - L

Patriots - L

at Colts - L

at Titans - W

Jaguars - L

7-9 record

Jaguars schedule

Chargers - W

at Titans - W

Colts - W

Falcons - L

at Saints - L

at Texans - W

8-8 record wins division
Thats exactly how I see the Jags to play it out, now we just need the Colts and Texans to do right 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Anyone who wants to win the AFCS will need help from other teams. Common opponent is easy because 14 of the 16 games are the same. This topic deserves is own thread.

Are you a real person?

Good thread, though headachy. 2 and Kiss did their thing in this piece.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Highly unlikely scenarios.

I like to keep it simple.

I want the clots, tacks, and tinhorns to lose, every week.

I want the Jaguars to win, every week.

If that happens. We're in.
This is what Im all for. Given if we make it widlcard im down too but Id rather us win it all ourselves.

Quote:I don't know what you intend to do here exactly, but keep in mind the Jaguars cannot sweep the Colts because they already lost a game to them.

My bad, I wrote that backward. Colts can sweep the Jaguars.

Quote:Highly unlikely scenarios.

I like to keep it simple.

I want the clots, tacks, and tinhorns to lose, every week.

I want the Jaguars to win, every week.

If that happens. We're in.

I would love to see anyone from the AFCS beat the colts. They haven't lost to an AFCS opponent since 2012. It's getting rather ridiculous. How depressing it's gonna be if the colts win this division by going 6-0 against AFCS opponents yet again for the 3rd straight year.

Plz, AFCS,, Plz!

People still believe we actually have a chance to make the playoffs ? Lol get real people.

-Pre-Med student

-Future Physician, hoping to specialize in Emergency Medicine or Hematology

-Jags fan since May 24, 1996

Quote:People still believe we actually have a chance to make the playoffs ? Lol get real people.

1 game behind division and wild card? Sorry bud, but I'm going to root for playoffs. It's been a while.
Shock the world

Id rather miss the playoffs then root for a division rival to win.

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:People still believe we actually have a chance to make the playoffs? LOL Get real people.

Mathematics say so. Many people are too obsessed with statistics to do an eye test on every team in the AFCS and think numbers mean everything.

Chances are anyone who thinks the #12 or #13 team has a small chance of ending up in the final four needs to see the Wizard to get a brain.

I'd rather the jags get to 8 wins and the texans and colts get to 9 losses before game 16 if possible.  I wouldn't prefer to have our division decided in Week 17 @ the Texans. If it happens it happens, but that would make me a nervous wreck.  Pretty much a jags win 4/5, colts and texans lose 4/5.  Looking between the colts and the texans...the colts have the ability to win their games...but I believe the Texans to be the biggest threat right now. 

I want to:

1. Have the best overall record in the AFCS

2, Have the best common opponents record

3, Win the rest of our AFCS division games

Quote:People still believe we actually have a chance to make the playoffs ? Lol get real people.

It's not that far fetched. The next two games are very winnable setting up a key home game vs the Colts. I know it's no easy task, but win all three and the Jaguars will have come off 5 straight wins, and 6 wins over the last 7, putting the Jaguars at 7-6. Should they do this much, the Jaguars will have positioned themselves as legitimate Playoff contenders with every reason to think we can make them.

'02

Quote:It's not that far fetched. The next two games are very winnable setting up a key home game vs the Colts. I know it's no easy task, but win all three and the Jaguars will have come off 5 straight wins, and 6 wins over the last 7, putting the Jaguars at 7-6. Should they do this much, the Jaguars will have positioned themselves as legitimate Playoff contenders with every reason to think we can make them.
If the Jags reel off a 5 game winning streak you can start talking wildcard as well.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

D0hv...

Are we a complete team?  Not yet.

Are we a playoff ready team?  Not yet.

Do we have a chance to reach the playoffs?  Yes.

Does that make the remaining month of the season much more interesting than plotting next Spring's draft strategy?

Infinitely so.

Even if the team doesn't make the playoffs, knowing the progress the team had to make to even be relevant in late November/early December is exciting.

Why not milk that feeling for all that it's worth, especially considering we haven't had that feeling in at least 5 years?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!