Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rank the top 10 players (merged)

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2015, 03:40 PM by Cleatwood.)

Quote:I must not understand the premise.

Since Brunell left, we've been trying to replace him, and we finally have a shot at it.

How Bortles isn't #1 on all lists escapes me.
Best player and most important are two different things.

I think it's a tie between Telvin and ARob for best player.

Bortles on offense and Telvin on defense are most important.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Aww him got his peel-wins huwt.

You sound dumber than the guy who said Allen Robinson may not be a top 20 WR. It's not a good look.

There is obviously going to be differences in order as people have different ways of ranking. I think most people would have:

(In no order)

1-5

Bortles, ARob, Linder, Smith, Marks

6-10

Hurns, Yeldon, House, Poz, Thomas

I fully expect Fowler to be in the 1-5 category and Colvin to keep improving.

There is a lot of young talent on the team. Free agency and the draft next year will be huge for us to fill the remaining weak spots.

1. Blake Bortles

2. Allen Robinson

3. Allen Hurns

4. Telvin Smith

5. Paul Poszlusny

6. Brandon Linder

7. Sen"Derrick Marks

8. TJ Yeldon

9. Aaron Colvin

10. Jared Odrick

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2015, 05:02 AM by D0hv.)

1-Brandon Linder RG

2-Allen Robinson WR

3-Telvin Smith OLB

4-Davon House CB

5-Sen'Derrick Marks DT

6-Allen Hurns WR

7-TJ Yeldon RB

8-Blake Bortles QB

9-Aaron Colvin CB

10-Jared Odrick DT

Best Offensive player-Brandon Linder RG

Best Defensive player-Telvin Smith OLB

-Pre-Med student

-Future Physician, hoping to specialize in Emergency Medicine or Hematology

-Jags fan since May 24, 1996

1A. AR15

1B. Bortles

3. Agent 88

4. Brandon Linder

5. S. Marks

6. Poz

7. T. Smith

8. Yeldon

9. Cyprien

10.House

Fowler jumps in the top 5 next year. Telvin would be higher if he had better coverage skills. Bortles and AR15 both make cases as our best. Cyp I think would make a jump higher if he had DB help/ pass rush help.

Quote:1A. AR15

1B. Bortles

3. Agent 88

4. Brandon Linder

5. S. Marks

6. Poz

7. T. Smith

8. Yeldon

9. Cyprien

10.House

Fowler jumps in the top 5 next year. Telvin would be higher if he had better coverage skills. Bortles and AR15 both make cases as our best. Cyp I think would make a jump higher if he had DB help/ pass rush help.

I think if Fowler is considered a top 5 player on the team next year we can finally put away this "Should have taken Cooper" stuff. Great player but we clearly need pass rush and Fowler provides

Quote:I think if Fowler is considered a top 5 player on the team next year we can finally put away this "Should have taken Cooper" stuff. Great player but we clearly need pass rush and Fowler provides
Fowler better become top 5 fast because Amari would already be top 3 along with Arob and Linder as our already Pro Bowl caliber players. 

(Yes Telvin will get there soon, but he needs to improve coverage quite a bit before he is officially that level)

1. T. Smith

2. S. Marks

3. B. Linder

4. A. Robinson

5. J. Thomas

6. B. Anger

7. B. Bortles

8. A. Hurns

9. P. Posluszny

10. D. House
New signature because HIGH SCORE found the periodic table offensive. Pathetic LOL

I make this thread from time to time, and it is alway interesting to see the answers change as the years go on.

Simple question: You can only take five plates on the current roster going forward- who ya got?

Mines:

1. Blake Bortles: Playmaker at QB position that we haven't had maybe ever. Young guy with lots of room to grow. Let's go.

2. Allen Robinson: Legit pass catcher that we have lacked for nearly a decade. And searched for and failed to get time after time after time. I'd like to hold on to him.

3. Allen Hurns: See above.

4. Telvin Smith: Very solid, very aware and athletic linebacker. We lack playmakers on defense and he is the closest thing we have to one.

5. Brandon Linder: Stud. Perhaps the best value pick in the draft that the Jags have had in a decade. Potential to be the best at his position in the league. Yes, please. More of those.

Yours?

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2015, 03:19 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Um.. you named them all. Not a very hard question to be honest.

Should have made it 3 or 4 to really make us think.

I'd take the same 5.

Maybe drop hurns for fowler, if he turns out to be a good pass rusher.

Quote:Um.. you named them all. Not a very hard question to be honest.

Should have made it 3 or 4 to really make us think.

I didn't know it would be easy until I put fingers to keyboard. How bout your next 5? Maybe that will make things more interesting.

I'll take:

6. Aaron Colvin

7. Dante Fowler

8. AJ Cann

9. Sen'Derrick Marks

10. Julius Thomas

Quote:I didn't know it would be easy until I put fingers to keyboard. How bout your next 5? Maybe that will make things more interesting.

I'll take:

6. Aaron Colvin

7. Dante Fowler

8. AJ Cann

9. Sen'Derrick Marks

10. Julius Thomas

We think alike, but I would put JT over Marks at this point.

Quote:We think alike, but I would put JT over Marks at this point.

I wonder if we think that much alike or if it is really obvious. If there is that much of a talent disparity between the top and bottom of the roster.

And even though I was numbering my answers, I really wasn't putting a lot of thought into ordering them. Just counting them rather.

Quote:I wonder if we think that much alike or if it is really obvious. If there is that much of a talent disparity between the top and bottom of the roster.

And even though I was numbering my answers, I really wasn't putting a lot of thought into ordering them. Just counting them rather.

I mean, if you are putting a guy in your top 10 who hasn't played a down yet, then yeah, there is a huge talent disparity. You could argue Yeldon being on that list as well, but nobody else even crossed my mind.

This is tough. I try to my best to keep 10 starting with the first five...

1. Blake Bortles

2. Allen Robinson

3. Brandon Linder

4. Aaron Colvin

5. Dante Fowler

6. Allen Hurns

7. Telvin Smith

8. Julius Thomas

9. TJ Yeldon

10. Sen'Derrick Marks

'02

Quote:This is tough. I try to my best to keep 10 starting with the first five...

1. Blake Bortles

2. Allen Robinson

3. Brandon Linder

4. Aaron Colvin

5. Dante Fowler

6. Allen Hurns

7. Telvin Coleman

8. Julius Thomas

9. TJ Yeldon

10. Sen'Derrick Marks

Telvin Coleman doesn't play for the Jags. You cheat.

Quote:Telvin Coleman doesn't play for the Jags. You cheat.

Oops ...fixed

I didn't mean the Falcons RB, although he did look good last week vs the Vikings.

'02

Not taking contracts into account Id take:

Bortles

Yeldon

Robinson

Hurns

Thomas

Linder

Fowler

Telvin

House

Colvin

I omitted marks because this is two straight years he's ending the year on IR. Don't know if you can expect a return to form. Odrick would've been #11, considered putting him in over one of the CBs. Maybe I'm overrating them but I think they've both been solid and have been held back by an atrocious pass rush and poor safety play.