Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bradley Presser

Quote:Wasn't Redfern the P and K combo guy? I say we bring him in, IR Lee and put the pressure on Myers and Banger. Punts haven't been going any better than kicks really.
I don't know that Redfern was ever a serious prospect. He was around last year simply to take some of Scobee's workload away, even late in the preseason, but was never a serious challenger for the job. This year, he lost the punting battle (if there even was one) to Anger by the first round of cuts. He's probably not the guy, although if the personnel guys like him, might as well let him take a few tryout kicks.

Quote:Anger is a cyst from the Gene Smith era that just needs to be cut out of the organization. I find it hard to believe we cant find someone equivalent in the off-season to replace him.
Anger has all the talent in the world. That's what kills me. He has all the natural talent of Ray Guy imo. The problem is that he either creams it 10 yards past his gunners or floats it 35 yards. There's no such thing as a 45-yard punt with 4 seconds of hangtime from him. It's either long and low or short and high. Some of that is on the coaching, no doubt, especially because Anger didn't have those problems in college. A lot of it falls on Anger, though. Ultimately, it's on the punter to control his punt.

Quote:I don't sense a move to replace Myers just yet. I feel like they want to give Myers every chance to improve and be the guy, but just in case he doesn't they have to know who's out there and what their options are. You can't worry about what Myers might think if they're trying out other kickers. If anything, he should use it as motivation.
Myers was 24-of-38 in college. He couldn't stick in the Arena League. Yeah, guys improve, but clearly he has not. Every field goal, PAT and kickoff with Myers is an adventure. That's a huge problem. It shouldn't be that way with your kicker. The fact that it is would seem to strongly indicate that the Jason Myers playing with the Jacksonville Jaguars is no better than the Jason Myers who hit 63% of his field goals in college and couldn't hold a job in the Arena League. Dump him. Put him on the practice squad if you think he can get better. The Broncos did that with Brandon McManus last year, and now he's their starting placekicker and having a pretty good season last I saw. But if you know a kicker is going to continue to miss easy kicks, put kickoffs out of bounds, pop onside kicks ten yards ahead of the hands team and continue to cost you games, why would you continue wasting time and money on him?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:They will need to make some decisions. Greene will be eligible to come back in a couple of weeks (Titans game I think?) and basically take Sterling's spot. If Lee, for whatever reason is able to come back, whose spot does he replace? Certainly not Walters, who IMO has proven his worth as a reliable slot and ST player. Which means that we'll have to decide in other positions. And with all the injuries at other spots, we may not be able to afford cutting numbers there either.
Greene would almost certainly take Sterling's spot, as you said. If Lee is able to return to the active roster, my guess would be that the Jags cut Joe Banyard loose and go with four running backs.

Justin Tucker will be a free agent next season.  Make him the highest paid kicker and don't worry about the position until his contract is up.

"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Quote:I don't sense a move to replace Myers just yet. I feel like they want to give Myers every chance to improve and be the guy, but just in case he doesn't they have to know who's out there and what their options are. You can't worry about what Myers might think if they're trying out other kickers. If anything, he should use it as motivation.
Why not? He's a kicker, not a QB or even a drafted player, a kicker, one that happens to be not good. If he had missed one PAT and one field goal, then yeah maybe, but he's obviously not able to kick in front of a crowd or something. He misses at least 1 'thing' almost every game, sometimes more than that (Colts game), that's completely unacceptable from a kicker. There's lots of folks to be patient with, but I don't see Myers as deserving of this patience, find someone better.

Quote:Did he take responsibility for running Slowby 4 times.

He needs to hold Toby Accountable and the loser.

Quote:Did he take responsibility for running Slowby 4 times.
Olsen you mean? The O coordinator who calls the plays?

Quote:Olsen you mean? The O coordinator who calls the plays?

Gus is the head coach. He can tell Olsen no I don't want Slowby in that situation

Or he can let Olsen make the decisions he is paid to make and discuss the quality of those decisions afterwards.

Olsen gets paid a lot of money to take that responsibility. If he needs to be micro managed then he has no business in the NFL.

He just said it was a "coaches" decision to run slowby four times and more or less made excuses for him. That he was right for the situation.

and went back to his mantra for the conference....

"We won!....isn't it great?"

almost had me feeling good about it.

gus go beat the jets and ravens and I'll start drinking gus juice again

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2015, 04:48 PM by Minorcan.)

Quote:Gus is the head coach. He can tell Olsen no I don't want Slowby in that situation
I think there's plenty that Gus gets blamed for, I just don't know that an isolated call(s) are on of the things that need to be a sticking point. It failed, it was a poor decision in hindsight, but only because it was a breakdown on the players. 1 yard shouldn't be impossible to get on 4 tries. Can't really blame anyone other than the players for that.

Quote:I think there's plenty that Gus gets blamed for, I just don't know that an isolated call(s) are on of the things that need to be a sticking point. It failed, it was a poor decision in hindsight, but only because it was a breakdown on the players. 1 yard shouldn't be impossible to get on 4 tries. Can't really blame anyone other than the players for that.
I don't agree at all.  If something isn't working then it's up to the coaches to change the play.  Yeldon was doing great and Toby hasn't ever shown to be a good RB nor a good player in that situation.  That's on the coaches.  Yeldon should have gotten an attempt and/or Bortles should have been able to make a play.

Quote:I don't agree at all.  If something isn't working then it's up to the coaches to change the play.  Yeldon was doing great and Toby hasn't ever shown to be a good RB nor a good player in that situation.  That's on the coaches.  Yeldon should have gotten an attempt and/or Bortles should have been able to make a play.

About the only thing that I'm OK with Gerhart doing is catching the ball out of the backfield...otherwise I agree.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:They will need to make some decisions. Greene will be eligible to come back in a couple of weeks (Titans game I think?) and basically take Sterling's spot. If Lee, for whatever reason is able to come back, whose spot does he replace? Certainly not Walters, who IMO has proven his worth as a reliable slot and ST player. Which means that we'll have to decide in other positions. And with all the injuries at other spots, we may not be able to afford cutting numbers there either.

Lee is already taking a spot. He wouldn't need to replace anyone.

Quote:Justin Tucker will be a free agent next season. Make him the highest paid kicker and don't worry about the position until his contract is up.

He will probably get franchise tagged by Bal

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2015, 07:51 PM by Solid Snake.)

Quote:Or he can let Olsen make the decisions he is paid to make and discuss the quality of those decisions afterwards.

Olsen gets paid a lot of money to take that responsibility. If he needs to be micro managed then he has no business in the NFL.
It's not about micromanaging. It's about tell your [BAD WORD REMOVED] OC that running a sorry [BAD WORD REMOVED] runningback on goaline isn't going to work. Tell him that H-back [BAD WORD REMOVED] isn't going to fly and that handing the ball off to Tyson Alualu is the stupidest [BAD WORD REMOVED] ever.

Quote:He just said it was a "coaches" decision to run slowby four times and more or less made excuses for him. That he was right for the situation.

and went back to his mantra for the conference....

"We won!....isn't it great?"

almost had me feeling good about it.

gus go beat the jets and ravens and I'll start drinking gus juice again
The media should have hammered the [BLEEP] out of him.

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mvannostran" data-cid="603496" data-time="1445967245">
<div>
Said they may bring in kickers to compete. So Myers probably gone.
WE'LL SEE. Myers having some competition doesn't mean he is gone. Maybe it's just a little motivation.

But I won't be mad if they move on.

Said if Beadles stays limited they'll go with Shatley or Bo.
Even if he isn't limited, they should go with Shatley.

No timetable on Lee.

Who?

I'm more excited for the return of Greene in November than the "return" of Lee.

</div>
</blockquote>
Greene and Walters are pretty similar slot WRs, we would be much better off with a healthy Lee then Greene, Lee brings something we dont have.

I dont get why people hate on Lee just because he's hurt, geez people gave Blackmon who was just selfish more respect, a guy who hurt the team and did it himself, where as Lee just needs to heel.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I really wish Lee would get healthy. Would love to see him shine.

Quote:I don't agree at all.  If something isn't working then it's up to the coaches to change the play.  Yeldon was doing great and Toby hasn't ever shown to be a good RB nor a good player in that situation.  That's on the coaches.  Yeldon should have gotten an attempt and/or Bortles should have been able to make a play.

I can think of many plays where Gerhart has converted key situations where the Jaguars needed something like one yard. I'm trying to think of any other times he wasn't able to. Maybe once.

'02

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2015, 08:41 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Quote:I really wish Lee would get healthy. Would love to see him shine.

Me too, but that other poster is more excited for a guy avg 3 ypc then Lee who is avg 12 ypc, because he I guess he is mad at Lee for being hurt but not the other guy lol

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>