Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So fair to say Bortles is the best QB in AFC South right now?

Quote:He is currently 7th in passing yards and 2nd in passing tds. Also first in passes over 20 yards. This is beyond anything I would have expected at the halfway mark.

That's shocking tbh. In a good way of course. Imagine if he played well for 4 quarters, we'd be really good.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

To answer the question, is Bortles the best qb in the afc south? No he is not, hes played ok but Luck still is in another league ... Blake getting there tho..

Quote:To answer the question, is Bortles the best qb in the afc south? No he is not, hes played ok but Luck still is in another league ... Blake getting there tho..
Luck is having a really bad year and he's still better than Blake.

I do love me some Blake though.

How the hell a quarterback(Luck) playing like [BLEEP] is better than the Jags QB right now? It's no way sanely someone could say that. Luck sucks right now and is the reason where they're at in the standings which is one game ahead of Jacksonville. That's crazy to even think about considering how garbage this team has played.

Quote:And I'm just saying in might not have looked as crazy if Robinson wasn't on the ground.  We'll never know.

This is actually a good point...  AR15 is really good at the 50/50 balls.  If he didn't get interferred with, the pass would have probably been an incompletion.

It still would have been something that a good QB coach would have discussed with BB5 during film review.  There was one replay that was shown from the camera angle right behind BB5.  It clearly showed he gambled on the throw without checking to see where the safety was.

AndrewINT has always had pick problems.  Anyone that knows me has heard me say this a million times and knows thats why im never scared of Indy.  Luck gets a pass because he looks great without mistakes but he will do something dumb(just as bad or worse than BB5) like starring down a WR or gambling a throw in coverage AT LEAST twice a game.  Stop stroking egos with stats that even a more polished BB5 could do with 6 games in the AFCS among other opponents.  Playoffs have been up for grabs since Manning left and now we have the best chance of making it to the top of this division barring an overhaul of the colts roster.  No QB=No Competition  A good QB=DIVISION TITLE/CLOSE IN THE HUNT.  

Luck is above average at best but with all the hype and poor comp its non debatable, but watch him during elite matchups.  BB5 is better right now though, STATS DON'T LIE(just ask Luck fans), and without an elite speed(TY) deep threat AND has better stats with or without injury.  I feel like luck should be MVP the way people praise his play.  Put him in any other division and he would just be hype alone.  I'm shocked, JAG'S Fans of all people should know this and NEVER lose sleep over him.......Well once we're consistent with that 2nd Quarter defense from yesterday all game w/wo the multiple Defensive TDs.  This division is trash. 6 x 300= 1800 yards so how hard do you think that is to accomplish with an elite type passing offense and 300 is the minimum elite/above average QBs should throw against this division's Defense.  

BB5 IS BETTER RIGHT NOW NO QUESTION PLEASE lol HAS ANYONE SEEN OUR ROSTER?

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Are you people serious????????? Bortles has a QB rating of 74.2. Not exactly burning up the charts now is it. If he's the best the south has to offer.............you guys are putting the bar way too low. The simple fact is this and replays show it is indisputable. Had the ref NOT blown the call on interference by the Bills yesterday..............it would be the Bills celebrating, not the Jags. The jags walked away from that game lucky more than good. Until Jag fans face that reality that yesterday's game in London was a "gift from the referee", fans will go away believing their team is actually better than it seems. No, they are still a lousy football team.

Quote:While the arrow is pointing up, I don't want to get too comfortable with BB5. He still has A LOT of work to do. 

I did notice the hitch he has in his swing yesterday so hopefully he can fix that in the off season.
He had the hitch and Tebow/Leftwich throwing motion at times yesterday.  He needs to continue refining is mechanics.

Being the best anything in the AFCS doesn't mean much

Quote:Are you people serious????????? Bortles has a QB rating of 74.2. Not exactly burning up the charts now is it. If he's the best the south has to offer.............you guys are putting the bar way too low. The simple fact is this and replays show it is indisputable. Had the ref NOT blown the call on interference by the Bills yesterday..............it would be the Bills celebrating, not the Jags. The jags walked away from that game lucky more than good. Until Jag fans face that reality that yesterday's game in London was a "gift from the referee", fans will go away believing their team is actually better than it seems. No, they are still a lousy football team.

You know we would've actually WON had the refs not blown illegal contact on the pick 6 as well right, but keep rambling nonsense.

Season Tix, Section 409

Quote:You know we would've actually WON had the refs not blown illegal contact on the pick 6 as well right, but keep rambling nonsense.
Now you are going over board.  We should have lost that game yesterday.  We gave up a 27-13 lead, and they scored 18 unanswered points.  If it wasn't for some luck by the refs, we'd be miserable the next two weeks.

Quote:Are you people serious????????? Bortles has a QB rating of 74.2. Not exactly burning up the charts now is it. If he's the best the south has to offer.............you guys are putting the bar way too low. The simple fact is this and replays show it is indisputable. Had the ref NOT blown the call on interference by the Bills yesterday..............it would be the Bills celebrating, not the Jags. The jags walked away from that game lucky more than good. Until Jag fans face that reality that yesterday's game in London was a "gift from the referee", fans will go away believing their team is actually better than it seems. No, they are still a lousy football team.

Blake is overcoming a shoulder injury which may play into this, but even before that he seemed to have trouble late in games. In this last game it looked like his arm was practically limp in the fourth quarter aside from a couple throws where he was able to put his whole body into it. I suspect there might be something more to this. As you just mentioned, Blake finished this game with a 74.2 qb rating, however, he had a 100.2 qb rating at halftime. The kid is good to go with a fresh arm, but he seems to hit a wall late in games. Just sayin'.

As for ref calls, it goes both ways so I don't see that being a deciding factor. That said, I think it's fair to say that we were lucky EJ Manuel played. The Jaguars don't put up that barrage of defensive scoring with Tyrod at the helm.

'02

Quote:To answer the question, is Bortles the best qb in the afc south? No he is not, hes played ok but Luck still is in another league ... Blake getting there tho..
Luck isn't in another league.  He's regressed quite a bit this year and it's not because of the injury.  I don't know which QB will end up being better in the long run, but I don't see why it can't be Bortles either.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2015, 12:58 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

Quote:Now you are going over board.  We should have lost that game yesterday.  We gave up a 27-13 lead, and they scored 18 unanswered points.  If it wasn't for some luck by the refs, we'd be miserable the next two weeks.

Speaking of luck from the refs, i saw Defensive holding on jt80 in the endzone, branch's penalty, the no fumble by Ej, no illegal contact, a false start no call for the bills, etc but yea we would've lost even if they only scored 24.  Makes perfect sense, we just suck because no great team would ever blow a lead an win late.

I did have a dream about a Pats Bills game a few weeks back that was a blowout, then close at the end; but the refs helped the Pats win.   Their fans were depressed thinking they were lucky to get a W n should've lost giving up a lead like that, i woke up afterwards. 

Edit: Waiting for the 'We ain't the Pats spin' in 3....2....1 

Season Tix, Section 409

Quote:Blake is overcoming a shoulder injury which may play into this, but even before that he seemed to have trouble late in games. In this last game it looked like his arm was practically limp in the fourth quarter aside from a couple throws where he was able to put his whole body into it. I suspect there might be something more to this. As you just mentioned,
Blake finished this game with a 74.2 qb rating, however, he had a 100.2 qb rating at halftime. The kid is good to go with a fresh arm, but he seems to hit a wall late in games. Just sayin'.

As for ref calls, it goes both ways so I don't see that being a deciding factor. That said, I think it's fair to say that we were lucky EJ Manuel played. The Jaguars don't put up that barrage of defensive scoring with Tyrod at the helm.
Bortles needs to fix this.  He needs to play well for 4 quarters.  I think that's his knock right now.  He's been a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde QB for us.  He didn't do squat until under 5 minutes to go in the game.

Quote:Bortles needs to fix this.  He needs to play well for 4 quarters.  I think that's his knock right now.  He's been a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde QB for us.  He didn't do squat until under 5 minutes to go in the game.
Until us as a team can fix our 2nd half woes, I'm not going to blame Bortles too much for struggling.  Coaching needs to be fixed in regards to this first and foremost.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2015, 01:21 PM by JagsGooner.)

qbr is a useless stat in my opinion. It doesn't take into account the drops. It's an inflated stat and I hate it.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Bortles is doing well, but Luck has been fighting the injury bug this season.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2015, 01:22 PM by JagsGooner.)

Quote:Bortles is doing well, but Luck has been fighting the injury bug this season.
So has Bortles. Next question please.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:Bortles is doing well, but Luck has been fighting the injury bug this season.
Luck was sucking before he got hurt.