Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So fair to say Bortles is the best QB in AFC South right now?

Luck is imploding every week

Mariota has come back down to Earth and looks like a rook

Houston might as well put JJ Watt at QB

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Isn't Luck playing thru injuries though to be fair?

Otherwise yes Blake Bortles has improved to middle of the pack among QB starters (most would say without bias) if he continues to improve next year he might be in the Top 10 QBs if not higher...

Maybe if we played better in the division.

No pain, no gain.

Bortles is on pace for >30 TDs.

I think if you told most Jaguars fans that Bortles would throw 30+ TDs in his second year, they'd be thrilled.

I know I am happy thus far. 

He still has to work on some things, but he's on his way to some really good things.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Staring down receivers like Luck is doing has nothing to do with an injury.

Quote:Isn't Luck playing thru injuries though to be fair?

Otherwise yes Blake Bortles has improved to middle of the pack among QB starters (most would say without bias) if he continues to improve next year he might be in the Top 10 QBs if not higher...
Bortles has been playing with an injury as well...

In order to rebuild, you have to destroy.

The Jaguars currently have better receivers than a QB

Though Blake Bortles has a ton of moxy

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:The Jaguars currently have better receivers than a QB

Though Blake Bortles has a ton of moxy

There is an old expression about tango quantities that explain this.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2015, 06:57 AM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:Bortles is on pace for >30 TDs.

I think if you told most Jaguars fans that Bortles would throw 30+ TDs in his second year, they'd be thrilled.

I know I am happy thus far.

He still has to work on some things, but he's on his way to some really good things.
He is currently 7th in passing yards and 2nd in passing tds. Also first in passes over 20 yards. This is beyond anything I would have expected at the halfway mark.

Quote:There is an old expression about tango quantities that explain this.

Mm, or, just plain eyes.  

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Bortles has a lot of room to grow but you can't argue with his positive plays thus far this season.  If he cleans up his play just a little the rest of this season but continues to throw the ball down the field and improves his decision making then I'll call that a pretty good sign for our future.

If he can just get rid of the pick 6s...

Quote:If he can just get rid of the pick 6s...

This.

Brett Favre threw a ton of interceptions too, but I bet you'd still take him in his prime. Also, not all of Blake's pick sixes were a product of him making bad decisions.

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:Luck is imploding every week

Mariota has come back down to Earth and looks like a rook

Houston might as well put JJ Watt at QB

have you been paying attention?

Mariotta has not "come back down to Earth"

Quote:have you been paying attention?

Mariotta has not "come back down to Earth"

LOL, you're right.  

He's crash landed back on earth.

"Come back down" sounds too gentle and dignified, and not at all descriptive of the implosion he went through over the past 3 weeks...

Bortles is ranked 5th in FF. Hurns and Robinson are top tier receivers. And Yeldon can get it done. Get this oline shored up a little better will make the run game a Real threat. And let Gerhard and Pierce walk. We could use those spots. Besides why have 5 RBs when u have a line that cant get any push. Next draft all defense all the time, except for possible giant oline guys.

DC, imo, has done a really good job getting talent here. Gus....looks out of his league. Nice guy, I hope for the franchise he can turn it around, but, i dont see it. He needs to learn game management bad. He also needs some fire. Coming out after stupid losses and talking about the positives is old. "But Mrs Lincoln how was the play?" Come out after a loss and call some people or groups out.

Quote:If he can just get rid of the pick 6s...
That pick 6 was insane. He didn't even look before he threw that ball. He looked right then just turned left and threw it.

Quote:That pick 6 was insane. He didn't even look before he threw that ball. He looked right then just turned left and threw it.

He has got to learn to throw those away. But at the same time, it is also the reason you'll see spectacular plays. He takes chances. I just hope when he takes those chances he does so at a higher percentage of success.

Quote:That pick 6 was insane. He didn't even look before he threw that ball. He looked right then just turned left and threw it.

He was throwing it up for Arob. Which he did multiple times. Most of the time it worked. This time Arob was knocked to the ground. Not too much insanity going on in my opinion.