Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFLPA Grievance Against Jags?

Quote:[Image: 11snwnm.jpg]
Whelp, can see where that came from. Although I agree that guys should be able to rehab with whatever medical facility/team they think will work best.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This is the only time of the year they get to smoke weed, let them do their thing. Everyone will be ready for camp.

So, is this a violation of the contract, or no? I'm guessing if there's nothing specifically about it in the current contract, the union will work to have it in the next one. As far as how I feel about it, meh, I can see both sides, really.

AR15 really coming off like a whiner lately. 

I mean the real question is, what are the other 31 NFL team rehab requirements? If the Jags are the only team doing this, then it is just #becausejaguars 

For me it depends on the injury. If it's a long term injury, then I think it's right that they have it sorted within the team. They can gauge progress and see improvement first hand.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

we are on NFL.com guys! NFLPA is actually recognizing us, investigating us, and look at our roster. This is some good news to me! Free Agents will recognize us even more with all the new attention, we can make a splash signing. 

Quote:For me it depends on the injury. If it's a long term injury, then I think it's right that they have it sorted within the team. They can gauge progress and see improvement first hand.

That'll go over nice: "Hey Marcedes, I know you tore a ligament and I know your entire family is in California and you haven't seen them since the season started but we require you to stay in Jacksonville for the 6 months of rehab you have to go through."

Quote:That'll go over nice: "Hey Marcedes, I know you tore a ligament and I know your entire family is in California and you haven't seen them since the season started but we require you to stay in Jacksonville for the 6 months of rehab you have to go through."

"... oh and hey further to that, I know we only pay you a pittance too, our bad..."

Joeckels injured right? Might be able to train him in as a janitor over the offseason

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2017, 06:26 AM by JagSwag.)

Quote:I mean the real question is, what are the other 31 NFL team rehab requirements? If the Jags are the only team doing this, then it is just #becausejaguars
That question is posed in the interview, and Garafolo's answer is no, it's not exclusive to the Jaguars. My guess would be that our players are finding the culture change as quite a shock. Imagine going from being able to sleep during team meetings to having to show up at work 4 days a week in the off season so your employers can monitor your injury status. Hissy fits were always coming, but hopefully the new mentality will,lead to a winning mentality, and everyone loves winning.

Quote:"... oh and hey further to that, I know we only pay you a pittance too, our bad..."

Pay is irrelevant IMO

Quote:Pay is irrelevant IMO

Not to me. You do as your employer says, for me.

Quote:Not to me. You do as your employer says, for me.

Your employer has no say over your personal time.

Quote:Your employer has no say over your personal time.

In a usual job, yes. But they won't be contracted to usual hours like you or I.

I think it's more productive for a player who is injured to be treated by the teams doctors, personally.

It's irrelevant where the players' families live, I'm sure they were well aware of their locality to their family when they signed the contract at their team.

It's all opinions, that's mine.

Quote:That'll go over nice: "Hey Marcedes, I know you tore a ligament and I know your entire family is in California and you haven't seen them since the season started but we require you to stay in Jacksonville for the 6 months of rehab you have to go through."

If he really has kept his residence in CA for ten plus years of being with the team is no wonder he's always been such a terrible player for us. No commitment to the team at all. Should have been cut years ago.

Quote:In a usual job, yes. But they won't be contracted to usual hours like you or I.

I think it's more productive for a player who is injured to be treated by the teams doctors, personally.

It's irrelevant where the players' families live, I'm sure they were well aware of their locality to their family when they signed the contract at their team.

It's all opinions, that's mine.

I know the NFL isn't a normal job but I don't think it's fair for a team to require a player to be fully committed from camp to Super Bowl and then not allow him to go home during the offseason because he got injured.

Rehab and conditioning can be done anywhere, if the player neglects to do the work or gets bad doctors that's his mistake and it'll show when he comes back for camp. And it's not like this hasn't been an issue before, MJD caught a lot of flak for not working out with the team but that was also his most productive period.

Quote:I know the NFL isn't a normal job but I don't think it's fair for a team to require a player to be fully committed from camp to Super Bowl and then not allow him to go home during the offseason because he got injured.

Rehab and conditioning can be done anywhere, if the player neglects to do the work or gets bad doctors that's his mistake and it'll show when he comes back for camp. And it's not like this hasn't been an issue before, MJD caught a lot of flak for not working out with the team but that was also his most productive period.

Oh I see it from both angles.. I'm just saying what my opinion on the matter is.

On the subject of Marcedes Lewis, if his Snapchat is anything to go by, there's very little rehabilitation going on there.

Don't worry about that....Lewis has had "the best offseason of my career" every year since 2008, he'll be fine!

Quote:If he really has kept his residence in CA for ten plus years of being with the team is no wonder he's always been such a terrible player for us. No commitment to the team at all. Should have been cut years ago.

Commitment to what? A team that can cut him in less time than it takes the GM to go to the toilet? A players commitment is to the paycheck first and foremost and it's up to the player to keep himself in shape during the offseason. Whether he does that in the stadium with team personell or on his own on the other side of the world is irrelevant as long as he shows up in shape.