Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFLPA Grievance Against Jags?

Apparently the Jags have asked players that are currently injured to do their rehabbing in Jacksonville during the offseason and that's rubbing some players, their agents, and the player's association the wrong way. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-grievance

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bunch of wieners............... Oscar Mayer wieners............
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

[Image: mpd4h.jpg]

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We have a team full of sissies and wonder why we can't win. Just LOL at these "men".

Wait til they start getting fined for not being 5 minutes early to a meeting.

The leauge has gone soft though. I think it's petty players can't engage or talk to the coaches until April. Just seems odd. I am sure some of them do it anyway. But just having that rule in place is absurd. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I am with the players on this one.  It is the offseason.  If Coughlin wants to make it truly voluntary, then I think all would be OK with it.   It is the mandatory part that delivers the issue. 

Quote:The leauge has gone soft though. I think it's petty players can't engage or talk to the coaches until April. Just seems odd. I am sure some of them do it anyway. But just having that rule in place is absurd. 
I think it has hurt team/player preparation and makes it more difficult to develop players.

However, if it was a negotiated term of the collective bargaining agreement., it needs to be followed.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

woohoo toughness! tom ruling with an iron fist! discipline!!!!

no but really this is stupid as [BLEEP]

its the offseason they cant dictate where these guys need to be

Quote:Apparently the Jags have asked players that are currently injured to do their rehabbing in Jacksonville during the offseason and that's rubbing some players, their agents, and the player's association the wrong way. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-grievance

I can see both sides of the argument.  The off-season should be just that for players, but by the same token they are still employed by the team.  The NFL is a different business and how things like this are handled and resolved is a business issue.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

[Image: 11snwnm.jpg]

Quote:I can see both sides of the argument.  The off-season should be just that for players, but by the same token they are still employed by the team.  The NFL is a different business and how things like this are handled and resolved is a business issue.
I agree.  

Some degree of "managing" a player's re-hab process must be allowed. The team should be allowed to be involved.  The team is heavily invested in that player and his well-being.  

Yet requiring them to limit health care choices and family placement/displacement can be seen as going a step too far.  

Needs to be a balance struck IMO.

"Only we can do that to our pledges!"

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I agree.

Some degree of "managing" a player's re-hab process must be allowed. The team should be allowed to be involved. The team is heavily invested in that player and his well-being.

Yet requiring them to limit health care choices and family placement/displacement can be seen as going a step too far.

Im sure teams around the league have this figured out though. Tons of players spend their offseason in other places, predominantly LA. Ive never heard of an instance where the location of rehab was a problem other than this here.

Quote:Im sure teams around the league have this figured out though. Tons of players spend their offseason in other places, predominantly LA. Ive never heard of an instance where the location of rehab was a problem other than this here.
I've read about individual cases where players and team doctors disagree about treatment facilities, methods of treatment and doctors --  but don't recall it happening on the team level like this. 

It sounds like the new regime in Jax trying to set a hard line with it's players and it's likely one that they'll be forced to relent on rather quickly. 

Quote:I agree.  

Some degree of "managing" a player's re-hab process must be allowed. The team should be allowed to be involved.  The team is heavily invested in that player and his well-being.  

I kind of lean towards the team(s) in this case.  In my opinion, your employer has the right to dictate when you are and are not "off" of work.  Just because it is the off-season, a player is still employed by the team that they are attached to, and still has an obligation to that team.

By the same token, players probably prefer to use their own doctors/therapists in their own home towns, and I certainly understand that.

The bottom line though is that players need to conform to their employer's rules.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote: 

The bottom line though is that players need to conform to their employer's rules.
I agree, especially when the compensation is so exorbitant.  But this is one of those situations where a union is expressly dictating the terms of that conformity to the employer -  and the employer is over-reaching the terms of the agreement.

Quote:I agree, especially when the compensation is so exorbitant.  But this is one of those situations where a union is expressly dictating the terms of that conformity to the employer -  and the employer is over-reaching the terms of the agreement.

It's a slippery slope for sure.

Love what Tom is doing here.