Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
All Bortles Haters Come- Stats at Age 23 and INTs

Quote:The team was down a single possession after that TD by Hopkins. If he panics and goes into desperation mode in that situation when there was still a lot of football left to be played, what makes you think he can handle the adversity of being a winning NFL QB?

How does a team score 10 points on a single possession?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I wish we could stop comparing players to Peyton Manning.
Hahahaha really. Him and brady are once and a century type players.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2015, 03:40 PM by CSO14.)

Another thing...

If you have to make a thread like this about our QB every week, something is wrong.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Mariota throws a pick 6 with the game still within reach. Chokes at home like he choked for the national title at oregon. Dude is too skinny for the NFL and can't throw past 10 yards. 1-4 loser record.

BUST
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Mariota throws a pick 6 with the game still within reach. Chokes at home like he choked for the national title at oregon. Dude is too skinny for the NFL and can't throw past 10 yards. 1-4 loser record.

BUST

Just wanted to repeat this for our tack troll.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Not a fan of the Manning comparisson simply because there are a lot of other factors.

Yes.  Manning was pretty bad his first year (26 TD 28 Ints, 3-13 record). 

Yes, they went 13-3 the following season in which his numbers improved signfiicantly (26 TD 15 Int), but they also drafted some nobody RB who won ORoTY and went on to have a phenomenal career.

Apples are not all red.

Bortles has made mistakes.  Other players have made mistakes that LOOK like Bortles mistakes (wrong routes, drops, etc).

He's got a ways to go... but man does he look promising.

PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

Quote:everyone knows Mannings second season was only 3 loss.

He also had a way better team

he also was a way better QB at that time

people bring up such things, not to say so and so is the same, but to point to instances in time where bad early didn't mean bad forever.

Bortles hasn't finished his second season and many believe that the team is held back in the W/L column by coaching, scheme, and a lack of defensive talent.....

Not Bortles

Good post but you can't tell me people post these type of threads to make those points. They really believe bottles will be equal or better than manning. I could only hope they are right but let's be real here. He doesn't compare when you look at how bortles manages a game

I'm loving Bortles progression and happy to at last have a promising QB .

That being said Bortles does appear to have a habit of shooting himself in the foot in crucial situations for us. I think its blind to praise his TDs and improvments but to ignore this fact.

Quote:Put up a list of players to prove that the rules of the NFL have changed over the past 30 years that allow the game to be more pass happy and offensively oriented? The point about projecting stats is that its a stupid thing to do, you evaluate players on what they have done, not what they might do in the future if everything goes right. 

The point of projections is exactly that.  What he has done.  If he keeps doing what he has done he will have one of the best seasons for any 23 year old in NFL history.  You are saying he sucks based on what he has done.  If he continues sucking he will have one of the best seasons for any 23 year old in NFL history.  What am I missing here?

Quote:The point of projections is exactly that.  What he has done.  If he keeps doing what he has done he will have one of the best seasons for any 23 year old in NFL history.  You are saying he sucks based on what he has done.  If he continues sucking he will have one of the best seasons for any 23 year old in NFL history.  What am I missing here?

How are the projection of stats a reflection of what he has done? Manziel projects to throw over 30 TDs with only 5 INTs, does that give them reason to believe he is the long time answer as a franchise QB? 

Quote:The point of projections is exactly that.  What he has done.  If he keeps doing what he has done he will have one of the best seasons for any 23 year old in NFL history.  You are saying he sucks based on what he has done.  If he continues sucking he will have one of the best seasons for any 23 year old in NFL history.  What am I missing here?
You are missing the fact that he's an idiot troll.  Well, you probably aren't missing that, but we both know that's the reality.

Quote:How are the projection of stats a reflection of what he has done?
Haha.  What school are you getting that so called masters from, Phoenix online?

Quote:How are the projection of stats a reflection of what he has done? Manziel projects to throw over 30 TDs with only 5 INTs, does that give them reason to believe he is the long time answer as a franchise QB?

Mariota is on pace to win ZERO home games. His pick 6 against the Dolphins cost them the game. Skinny read option QBs are exposed every year. At least RG3 and Vince Young were able to win some games before that happened.

BUST
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:How are the projection of stats a reflection of what he has done? Manziel projects to throw over 30 TDs with only 5 INTs, does that give them reason to believe he is the long time answer as a franchise QB?

Because we are projecting based on what he has done. If you think he sucks with how he is playing and he continues this level of play all year long then you'll think one of the greatest seasons by a 23 year old sucks. All we can do is base it on what he has done right? Well what he has done puts him on pace to do what few have. Make sense?

Manziel isn't playing. I'm not sure what he has to do with this conversation. Bortles has played 6 games this year and it is at least a decent sample size to form an opinion.

Quote:Dude I tried to make this point last year and people went ape crap. Bortles compares to the greatest qbs of all time. He's already better than Joe Namath and Johnny Unitas.
Once again just because you have good stats doesnt mean u a great player!

Quote:Haha.  What school are you getting that so called masters from, Phoenix online?

A university in California. I'm studying the philosophy of science and am on track to enter a PhD program as well. If you'd rather talk about that I'd love to as I'm very passionate and interested in the subject. Delivering a lecture on the non-reality of colors as objective mind-independent properties later this evening that I think is very interesting. I don't understand why people constantly want to challenge my intelligence and personal character but never the argument. 

Quote:Once again just because you have good stats doesnt mean u a great player!

No one said he is great. Just puts things in perspective.

Quote:A university in California. I'm studying the philosophy of science and am on track to enter a PhD program as well. If you'd rather talk about that I'd love to as I'm very passionate and interested in the subject. Delivering a lecture on the non-reality of colors as objective mind-independent properties later this evening that I think is very interesting. I don't understand why people constantly want to challenge my intelligence and personal character but never the argument.

You keep saying no one challenges your argument yet I and others have multiple times.

Quote:No one said he is great. Just puts things in perspective.
To be honest all i care about is wins and losses! Im sure Khan share my viewpoint! Who cares about his stats?

As long as this team has a bottom rung offensive line that can't run block and marginal at best in pass protection it doesn't matter what Bortles' stats are.  This team won't win until that changes.  Bottles has to be the only QB in the league that has the most rushing yards every game.  Have we even scored a rushing TD this season?