Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Greg Olson

Quote:Olsen is a great OC. You have to give his offense time. I believe they will break out vs the colts. But if they lose we have to remember that were young and still need time.
I wouldn't go so far as to call Olsen "great", but I would say that we've seen flashes of notable improvement in the scheme since he arrived here.  In the games where the offense has struggled, I am not in the huddle to know what play was called vs. what actually transpired on the field, but when I repeatedly hear coaches saying that the QB needs to trust his reads, that tells me that whatever was called didn't mesh with what the end result was.

People need someone to blame.  If it's not the GM, it's the head coach.  If it's not the head coach, it's the coordinator.  If it's not the coordinator, it's the QB.  The crap just keeps rolling down hill in the never ending spiral of fan blame.  They need someone they can demand the head of on a platter or they're not satisfied.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I wouldn't go so far as to call Olsen "great", but I would say that we've seen flashes of notable improvement in the scheme since he arrived here. In the games where the offense has struggled, I am not in the huddle to know what play was called vs. what actually transpired on the field, but when I repeatedly hear coaches saying that the QB needs to trust his reads, that tells me that whatever was called didn't mesh with what the end result was.

People need someone to blame. If it's not the GM, it's the head coach. If it's not the head coach, it's the coordinator. If it's not the coordinator, it's the QB. The crap just keeps rolling down hill in the never ending spiral of fan blame. They need someone they can demand the head of on a platter or they're not satisfied.

Well someone has to be responsible.

Quote:Well someone has to be responsible.
Right, and it has to be just one person, otherwise people's head will explode.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Right, and it has to be just one person, otherwise people's head will explode.
Well the only constant on this team the past 3 years has been Bradley. OC has changed, line coaches, personnel....

Quote:Well the only constant on this team the past 3 years has been Bradley. OC has changed, line coaches, personnel....
Because blowing up a roster and rebuilding it with youth doesn't come with an expected step back before the team starts to turn the corner?  The one constant besides the head coach, DC, GM, and owner is the youth movement that has taken place with the roster.  It's not like this team has been stocked with experienced pro bowl talent. Young teams struggle.  That's just a fact, and the struggling is to be expected, especially when in year 3 you make a complete change on one side of the ball. 

Quote:Because blowing up a roster and rebuilding it with youth doesn't come with an expected step back before the team starts to turn the corner?  The one constant besides the head coach, DC, GM, and owner is the youth movement that has taken place with the roster.  It's not like this team has been stocked with experienced pro bowl talent. Young teams struggle.  That's just a fact, and the struggling is to be expected, especially when in year 3 you make a complete change on one side of the ball. 
So a different coach couldn't do better? I understand blowing the roster up and that we are in a youth movement.

The one thing I don't like is the fact that our coach is making the same mistakes he made in year 1. HE hasn't learned. I think the GM did an excellent job of acquiring talent. My gripe is that Bradley isn't getting the most out of this roster.

Quote:I wouldn't go so far as to call Olsen "great", but I would say that we've seen flashes of notable improvement in the scheme since he arrived here. In the games where the offense has struggled, I am not in the huddle to know what play was called vs. what actually transpired on the field, but when I repeatedly hear coaches saying that the QB needs to trust his reads, that tells me that whatever was called didn't mesh with what the end result was.

People need someone to blame. If it's not the GM, it's the head coach. If it's not the head coach, it's the coordinator. If it's not the coordinator, it's the QB. The crap just keeps rolling down hill in the never ending spiral of fan blame. They need someone they can demand the head of on a platter or they're not satisfied.

How can there be notable improvement in the scheme? We had Jed Fish who, according to you, was a great play caller and it wasn't his fault the offense was bad...
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:When your competition is Jedd Fisch and Bob Bratkowski, that's not a high bar to cross. Koetter would have game planned circles around Olson.

Wasn't Thomas signed specifically because you can't rely on Lewis?

Holy crap I forgot Bratkowski was OC here. That was only 3 years ago!
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

From an offensive point of view I go back to the Miami game.

The second half play calling was actually really good. I watched the second half twice. It wasn't the play calling that stunk. It was the execution.

We need to execute better. Catch balls, don't get penalties, and fire crying out loud, stop with the delay of games!

If our coaches focus this offence and get them to stop making the same mistakes over and over, we have a chance of beating the clots.

Quote:From an offensive point of view I go back to the Miami game.

The second half play calling was actually really good. I watched the second half twice. It wasn't the play calling that stunk. It was the execution.

We need to execute better. Catch balls, don't get penalties, and fire crying out loud, stop with the delay of games!

If our coaches focus this offence and get them to stop making the same mistakes over and over, we have a chance of beating the clots.

I agree and I think it was the same in the first half against the Patriots. We drove down in the red zone and had a ball go through Grants hands in the end zone, and had a penalty wipe out Lewis' catch down to the 3. That's execution.

Obviously the pick was too. Clean that stuff up and we'll move the ball fine.

Quote:How can there be notable improvement in the scheme? We had Jed Fish who, according to you, was a great play caller and it wasn't his fault the offense was bad...

Find that quote. I'll wait.

Quote:How can there be notable improvement in the scheme? We had Jed Fish who, according to you, was a great play caller and it wasn't his fault the offense was bad...

Not surprisingly, I don't remember anything of the sort.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Olson is not the problem.

Quote:Olsen is a great OC. You have to give his offense time. I believe they will break out vs the colts. But if they lose we have to remember that were young and still need time.

Or they will break out against the Bucs, but if not they will break out against the Texans, but if not they will break out against the Bills, but if not they will break out against the Jets...

Bradley is in his 3rd season...I'm still waiting to see it.

Quote:Or they will break out against the Bucs, but if not they will break out against the Texans, but if not they will break out against the Bills, but if not they will break out against the Jets...

Bradley is in his 3rd season...I'm still waiting to see it.

[Image: rxrp8.jpg]

;

;

Quote:I agree and I think it was the same in the first half against the Patriots. We drove down in the red zone and had a ball go through Grants hands in the end zone, and had a penalty wipe out Lewis' catch down to the 3. That's execution.

Obviously the pick was too. Clean that stuff up and we'll move the ball fine.

Here's the thing though...I've seen us call this play for Denard, Yeldon, and now Grant. All with the same result.  At one point do we realize that we do not have Jamal Charles or Reggie Bush in this offense and scrap this play from our playbok?

That's part of an OC's job is to recognize your player's strengths. So why do we keep going to this play like we have a great pass catching RB in our roster?

Quote:Here's the thing though...I've seen us call this play for Denard, Yeldon, and now Grant. All with the same result.  At one point do we realize that we do not have Jamal Charles or Reggie Bush in this offense and scrap this play from our playbok?

That's part of an OC's job is to recognize your player's strengths. So why do we keep going to this play like we have a great pass catching RB in our roster?
Denard played in 1 play so far this season, and ran the ball in said play. So quit lying.

Quote:Here's the thing though...I've seen us call this play for Denard, Yeldon, and now Grant. All with the same result.  At one point do we realize that we do not have Jamal Charles or Reggie Bush in this offense and scrap this play from our playbok?

I recall in the Preseason we went to a similar play to Pierce and he caught the ball just fine.

'02

The end result was the same but not the cause. Denard's in particular was just a poor throw by Bortles.

Also, it's not like we have an abundance of goal line plays we've seen work with this team. Maybe that is one of the better options during the practice week.

Quote:Denard played in 1 play so far this season, and ran the ball in said play. So quit lying.

We've ran this play during the scrimmage and preseason too....and it didn't work then.