Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Greg Olson

I'm starting to think that Greg Olsen is a bad offensive coordinator. Carr did alright last year and this year he looks like Flacco. Olsen was probably holding back Carr last year. I hope he gets creative fast because our offense needs help. We have the talent in place, it needs to be coached correctly. Agree or Disagree?

We are 29th in points per game, 22nd in passing yards per game, 24th in yards per game, and 23rd in rushing yards per game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You should probably completely forget that Carr was rookie and his top 2 receivers weren't even on the team last year.

Reported.

Quote:You should probably completely forget that Carr was rookie and his top 2 receivers weren't even on the team last year.

Reported.

We also have talent. Robinson is good, we have a RB now, Hurns is alright, and Lee can be explosive. We should be playing better offense, it's only a tad bit better than last year. Not a big difference yet, maybe they get better.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 03:13 PM by jags_r_bake.)

Quote:We also have talent. Robinson is good, we have a RB now, Hurns is alright, and Lee can be explosive. We should be playing better offense, it's only a tad bit better than last year. Not a big difference yet, maybe they get better.
We are trotting out less talent on offense at the skill positions than last year with JT, Lee, and DRob out.

THE FEELS

Carr has played the Bengals (got smoked), a bad Ravens defense and the Browns.....

Bortles has played the Panthers (very good Secondary), the Dolphins and the juggernaut Pats.

Olsen is a great OC. You have to give his offense time. I believe they will break out vs the colts. But if they lose we have to remember that were young and still need time.

I personally was not a fan of the Olsen hiring. However it is still early and I hope we turn things around sooner than later. I do know we have a hard stretch of games for sure.

Quote:Olsen is a great OC. You have to give his offense time. I believe they will break out vs the colts. But if they lose we have to remember that were young and still need time.

Great? Puff puff pass.

Quote:Olsen is a great OC. You have to give his offense time. I believe they will break out vs the colts. But if they lose we have to remember that were young and still need time.
great? Lol

It Bortles make less bad throws and the WRs catch and the OL run blocks better, maybe he could look better

But this year we have way less 3 and outs, lets wait at least til the bye week before we judge this team and coaches

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I think we all need to let the season play out without saying we need a change in personnel or scheme. We've gotta allow something to have time. Whether it's the new offense, the new OC, or allowing us to finally have a fully healthy team..... (geeze we cannot miss that injury bug for anything...)... If we keep having change over and new coordinators, this team is going to be even more confused and behind. I still think we can get to a decent spot in the division by mid-season!

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Olsen was a great hire. He already knows Jacksonville and he knows how to make young quarterbacks better. Just watch!

Quote:Great? Puff puff pass.

Quote:great? Lol

Poe's Law ya'll...

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Olsen was a great hire. He already knows Jacksonville and he knows how to make young quarterbacks better. Just watch!

I know you're trying to snark, but his results with Freeman and Carr do lend themselves to this being the case.

But you keep trying new Alt ID of one of the Usual Suspects.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

He looks like a mad scientist offensive genius whiz on the sidelines holding his big folded colorful laminated play card and constantly talking on his headset.

Quote:I know you're trying to snark, but his results with Freeman and Carr do lend themselves to this being the case.

But you keep trying new Alt ID of one of the Usual Suspects.

I believe he's the best OC the Jaguars have hired in recent memory. Don't you think? No alt here. I'm ALLIN!

The multiple fake jet sweeps were genius against the Pats D.  Just genius. 

I can't blame Olson at this point. The execution has been the issue, not the playcalling.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Olsen was a great hire. He already knows Jacksonville and he knows how to make young quarterbacks better. Just watch!
When did you get on the message board Greg?

My early thoughts are that the play calling is good enough to keep the ball moving and defenses guessing, but it does seem to bog down a bit in the red zone and the run game still needs all sorts of work to be effective.

Keep in mind the offense was designed in part knowing Julius would be a central figure, and he's been gone. You'd like to be able to rely on Marcedes more, but he's dropped more than half the passes thrown his way.

'02