Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NAACP Leader, "I Do Consider Myself Black"

Quote:Bruce Jenner is a republican so I guess there's some parallels there?

He only lied about himself so he could wins the gold medal being a woman competing in a man's sport or something.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Wasn't there some guy that was pushing anti abortion laws and then trying to force his mistress to get one when he got her pregnant? But I guess that's not the same as impersonation...

Scott Dejarles?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Wasn't there some guy that was pushing anti abortion laws and then trying to force his mistress to get one when he got her pregnant? But I guess that's not the same as impersonation...
You do recognize the difference between hypocrisy and flat out lying on a level that is potentially fraudulent, right? 

Maybe not. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:You do recognize the difference between hypocrisy and flat out lying on a level that is potentially fraudulent, right?

Maybe not.

Don't make me go all "reading comprehension" on you, but didn't you catch the last sentence I wrote of which you quoted?

I already conceded my comparison was not perfect. :-)

Hypocrisy and lies are different, for sure. But I think the comparison is still pretty valid...

The point is that one ideology is not pure while the other is permanently tainted.

Oh I just thought of another comparison...

Remember during the 2008 election, there was a woman that said a bunch of black guys attacked her and used a knife to cut"Obama" into her face?

Imagine if I said, "see that's how conservatives..."

That wouldn't be a fair depiction would it?

Again, that's why I try to stay away from blanket statements about people that I disagree with on politics...

It's just not productive...

Quote:Bruce Jenner is a republican so I guess there's some parallels there?

LOL, I guess you do have a point there.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Don't make me go all "reading comprehension" on you, but didn't you catch the last sentence I wrote of which you quoted?

I already conceded my comparison was not perfect. :-)

Hypocrisy and lies are different, for sure. But I think the comparison is still pretty valid...

The point is that one ideology is not pure while the other is permanently tainted.

Oh I just thought of another comparison...

Remember during the 2008 election, there was a woman that said a bunch of black guys attacked her and used a knife to cut"Obama" into her face?

Imagine if I said, "see that's how conservatives..."

That wouldn't be a fair depiction would it?

Again, that's why I try to stay away from blanket statements about people that I disagree with on politics...

It's just not productive...

LOL, buddy ole pal, you just used the same logic that I did from our discussion yesterday.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

This story is really going to create some serious problems for the black community.  Her defenders, all good liberals in the media, are saying they're fine with her identifying as black despite the fact that she's got about as much African blood in her as Adolf Hitler.  So, suddenly being black has gone from a racial thing to a cultural identity.  anyone can claim to be black even if that's not genetically the case using the new progressive definition.  How can it be classified as a race?  Hucksters like Al Sharpton have made an industry out of ramping up racial disharmony.  If it's just a cultural thing now, then can anyone can claim they're black?  That's certainly the case for Dolezal. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:This story is really going to create some serious problems for the black community.  Her defenders, all good liberals in the media, are saying they're fine with her identifying as black despite the fact that she's got about as much African blood in her as Adolf Hitler.  So, suddenly being black has gone from a racial thing to a cultural identity.  anyone can claim to be black even if that's not genetically the case using the new progressive definition.  How can it be classified as a race?  Hucksters like Al Sharpton have made an industry out of ramping up racial disharmony.  If it's just a cultural thing now, then can anyone can claim they're black?  That's certainly the case for Dolezal. 
As I've said before, if she wants to live her life as a black woman, that's fine by me. Where I draw the line is lying about race and background to advance oneself socially and professionally. The NAACP can make all the noise it wants to about how there are no race restrictions on leadership positions; the simple fact of the matter is that if she had identified herself as white from the start, there's no way she would have attained the position she did within that organization, and a far lesser chance that she would have been hired as a professor of African studies.

Quote:As I've said before, if she wants to live her life as a black woman, that's fine by me. Where I draw the line is lying about race and background to advance oneself socially and professionally. The NAACP can make all the noise it wants to about how there are no race restrictions on leadership positions; the simple fact of the matter is that if she had identified herself as white from the start, there's no way she would have attained the position she did within that organization, and a far lesser chance that she would have been hired as a professor of African studies.
Well, I agree with you on the point that lying about her race, especially on an application for a job, is wrong.  In fact, it's borderline fraud.  But, if the luminaries in the liberal world are saying it's okay and that if she thinks she's black, then she's black, that's a problem. 

Suppose a white police officer shoots and kills a black guy who just committed strong arm robbery at a convenience store.  The suspect was unarmed, but he was a large, intimidating guy who physically threatened the store owner in order to steal a box of, say, cigars.  He's approached by a white police officer as he's walking down the middle of the street, and in reaction to being stopped by this white officer, he eventually turns and charges the cop, at which point the police officer shoots and kills the suspect.   In the aftermath, the police officer, who is white, declares that in his mind, he's black.  So, this is now a black cop shooting a black suspect.  Would riots happen?

My point here is that by embracing a Russian/Czeck with blond hair and blue eyes as a black woman because she identifies herself as such, these liberals who are only doing so because she agrees with them politically are destroying the race card.  If Caitlyn Jenner declared himself a black woman, imagine the response from the same people. 

Quote:Well, I agree with you on the point that lying about her race, especially on an application for a job, is wrong.  In fact, it's borderline fraud.  But, if the luminaries in the liberal world are saying it's okay and that if she thinks she's black, then she's black, that's a problem. 

Suppose a white police officer shoots and kills a black guy who just committed strong arm robbery at a convenience store.  The suspect was unarmed, but he was a large, intimidating guy who physically threatened the store owner in order to steal a box of, say, cigars.  He's approached by a white police officer as he's walking down the middle of the street, and in reaction to being stopped by this white officer, he eventually turns and charges the cop, at which point the police officer shoots and kills the suspect.   In the aftermath, the police officer, who is white, declares that in his mind, he's black.  So, this is now a black cop shooting a black suspect.  Would riots happen?

My point here is that by embracing a Russian/Czeck with blond hair and blue eyes as a black woman because she identifies herself as such, these liberals who are only doing so because she agrees with them politically are destroying the race card.  If Caitlyn Jenner declared himself a black woman, imagine the response from the same people. 
What you've described is such a far-fetched scenario that I'm not even sure how to respond. I will say that a lifelong friend of mine who happens to be black and has blood as blue as Chuck Schumer's expressed the following sentiment to me about how Rachel Dolezal chooses to portray herself:

"That's bull(something)."

The NAACP can reach out and embrace her all it wants; the sense I get from just paying passing attention to the news is that the black community has all but rejected her for what she's done. So if a white cop shot a white guy who had been living his life as if he were black? Let's put it this way: how much did the media dig into the lives of Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown and Eric Garner? You really think we wouldn't know within hours if said "black" guy's parents were white? Would there be riots? Who knows, but the truth of it is that black men get shot by the police on a daily basis, and the vast majority of them do not get riots in their "honor".

Side note: when the press reports that Dolezal "resigned", do you really think that was her idea? She almost certainly had a sit-down with a higher-up who told her in no uncertain terms that she was resigning whether she wanted to or not. What an organization says publicly supporting someone and what it does privately to get rid of them are two very different things.

In a couple of weeks, Dolezal will be gone and forgotten, just another casualty of the social media age. If this were 1995 instead of 2015, no one outside of Spokane would know or care about the sad, strange tale of the woman who chose to live her life in blackface and lost her career and social status as a result of it.

Quote:LOL, buddy ole pal, you just used the same logic that I did from our discussion yesterday.

Lol, no-- I'm using that to point out how it's not constructive to blanket statement certain things!

Quote:What you've described is such a far-fetched scenario that I'm not even sure how to respond. I will say that a lifelong friend of mine who happens to be black and has blood as blue as Chuck Schumer's expressed the following sentiment to me about how Rachel Dolezal chooses to portray herself:

"That's bull(something)."

The NAACP can reach out and embrace her all it wants; the sense I get from just paying passing attention to the news is that the black community has all but rejected her for what she's done. So if a white cop shot a white guy who had been living his life as if he were black? Let's put it this way: how much did the media dig into the lives of Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown and Eric Garner? You really think we wouldn't know within hours if said "black" guy's parents were white? Would there be riots? Who knows, but the truth of it is that black men get shot by the police on a daily basis, and the vast majority of them do not get riots in their "honor".

Side note: when the press reports that Dolezal "resigned", do you really think that was her idea? She almost certainly had a sit-down with a higher-up who told her in no uncertain terms that she was resigning whether she wanted to or not. What an organization says publicly supporting someone and what it does privately to get rid of them are two very different things.

In a couple of weeks, Dolezal will be gone and forgotten, just another casualty of the social media age. If this were 1995 instead of 2015, no one outside of Spokane would know or care about the sad, strange tale of the woman who chose to live her life in blackface and lost her career and social status as a result of it.

Oh, I've had this conversation with a good friend of mine who happens to be a little higher on the melanin scale than I am.  He too is a very blue blooded black guy, but his reaction was similar.  I understand that most won't embrace her for what she's deluded herself into believing, but there are many who are/will in positions where they can actually express their support from coast to coast.  Ask Whoopie Goldberg.  The problem here is that these luminaries have a real following, so their low information fans will gobble that up and regurgitate it to anyone who is listening, and before you know it, black is just a state of mind.  My friend even conceded that much. 

Dolezal was scheduled to meet with her executive board on Monday.  The meeting was abruptly canceled, and she resigned that afternoon.  It's pretty clear how that resignation went. 

Quote:Oh, I've had this conversation with a good friend of mine who happens to be a little higher on the melanin scale than I am.  He too is a very blue blooded black guy, but his reaction was similar.  I understand that most won't embrace her for what she's deluded herself into believing, but there are many who are/will in positions where they can actually express their support from coast to coast.  Ask Whoopie Goldberg.  The problem here is that these luminaries have a real following, so their low information fans will gobble that up and regurgitate it to anyone who is listening, and before you know it, black is just a state of mind.  My friend even conceded that much. 

Dolezal was scheduled to meet with her executive board on Monday.  The meeting was abruptly canceled, and she resigned that afternoon.  It's pretty clear how that resignation went. 
I think that what's going on with the Whoopie Goldbergs of the world boils down to simple image control: they can't admit being wrong about something for fear of losing a few fans. Several black leaders, including senior members of the NAACP, came out in Dolezal's defense very quickly during the ten seconds that it looked like this might be a smear campaign. When it got to the point that even Dolezal couldn't deny being born as white as a sheet of printer paper, they couldn't backtrack without admitting that they were hoodwinked by Dolezal and/or didn't wait for facts before jumping on the "if she says she's black, she's black" bandwagon. Because of that, we now have people like Whoopie Goldberg and Raven-Symone feeling all but forced to ride that horse until we all forget about it and they can dodge the topic for the rest of eternity, and the more they say that it's ok to be fake-black without addressing the real problems underlining the situation (like fraud), the more their audience will just assume that the only issue at stake is whether it's ok to live as a black person when you were born white, and they'll continue to parrot support for Rachel Dolezal without caring about the whole story.

That's when things get dangerous: when a large group of people is conditioned to listen only to what a few celebrities tell them, and not even bother to turn on even the most liberal news network out there (MSNBC, which generally hasn't made any effort to support Dolezal) and see that, wait, hold on, there's way more to this story. This woman lied about who she is, lied her way to the top of the Spokane NAACP, lied her way into a professorship, lied about her brother being her son, lied about receiving threats and hate mail that she had actually planted herself and is now pushing sexual abuse allegations against her family to get back at them for not supporting her. Whatever your views are on whether it's ok to live as a black person when you were born white, the real meat of this story is that Dolezal is, by all appearances, a pathological liar, and somehow that's getting buried beneath arguably the most superficial question of all: is it ok to identify with a different race?

Quote:I think that what's going on with the Whoopie Goldbergs of the world boils down to simple image control: they can't admit being wrong about something for fear of losing a few fans. Several black leaders, including senior members of the NAACP, came out in Dolezal's defense very quickly during the ten seconds that it looked like this might be a smear campaign. When it got to the point that even Dolezal couldn't deny being born as white as a sheet of printer paper, they couldn't backtrack without admitting that they were hoodwinked by Dolezal and/or didn't wait for facts before jumping on the "if she says she's black, she's black" bandwagon. Because of that, we now have people like Whoopie Goldberg and Raven-Symone feeling all but forced to ride that horse until we all forget about it and they can dodge the topic for the rest of eternity, and the more they say that it's ok to be fake-black without addressing the real problems underlining the situation (like fraud), the more their audience will just assume that the only issue at stake is whether it's ok to live as a black person when you were born white, and they'll continue to parrot support for Rachel Dolezal without caring about the whole story.

That's when things get dangerous: when a large group of people is conditioned to listen only to what a few celebrities tell them, and not even bother to turn on even the most liberal news network out there (MSNBC, which generally hasn't made any effort to support Dolezal) and see that, wait, hold on, there's way more to this story. This woman lied about who she is, lied her way to the top of the Spokane NAACP, lied her way into a professorship, lied about her brother being her son, lied about receiving threats and hate mail that she had actually planted herself and is now pushing sexual abuse allegations against her family to get back at them for not supporting her. Whatever your views are on whether it's ok to live as a black person when you were born white, the real meat of this story is that Dolezal is, by all appearances, a pathological liar, and somehow that's getting buried beneath arguably the most superficial question of all: is it ok to identify with a different race?

One of the resident race experts at MSNBC has already chimed in on this, coining the phrase "trans-black." 

I think it goes without saying that at a minimum, Dolezal is indeed a pathological liar, and potentially just completely nuts.  She comes across as an attention starved psycopath who needs some sort of controversy in her life to get in front of cameras.  The whole incident that started this with her reporting threats being mailed to her through the NAACP PO box sounded fishy from the start, especially after the USPS investigated and determined there was no way these arrived in the mail, and had to be put in the box by someone with a key.  Look at her history of past complaints, and how she seems to have controversy following her throughout her life.  Add to that the fact that her brother is another one who is having his own issues with molesting minors in his own family, and this whole story just gets crazier by the day.  It's certainly given her a great opportunity to make the media rounds.  NBC has had her on pretty much every news program they can think of to do interviews, so she's getting the attention she craves.  I'm sure it's only a matter of time before she's suing them for Matt Lauer allegedly attempting to fondle her during the interview. 

Quote:I'm sure it's only a matter of time before she's suing them for Matt Lauer allegedly attempting to fondle her during the interview. 
I think it's more likely that she gets a six-figure advance on a book deal with the rights then sold off for a movie version, proving once and for all that if you ain't lyin', you're not tryin'.

I'll just leave this here.

[Image: g6eO7TQ.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-17-2015, 04:58 PM by TJBender.)

Quote:I'll just leave this here.
Again with hiding behind the fact that the two cases you cited were liberal as a way to sneak in commentary about all liberals...smh

(no, I'm not liberal myself)

Quote:Again with hiding behind the fact that the two cases you cited were liberal as a way to sneak in commentary about all liberals...smh

(no, I'm not liberal myself)

Again, you fail.  Using the term "liberal" is not a "blanket statement" regarding all liberals.

I did see an even funnier meme earlier, but I think that it would be too "over the top" for this board.

Quote:Again, you fail.  Using the term "liberal" is not a "blanket statement" regarding all liberals.

I did see an even funnier meme earlier, but I think that it would be too "over the top" for this board.
What's the point of saying "liberal" if you're not intending to make a statement about liberals? Why not just two white women? Answer that for me, and don't hide behind "they are liberal". Give me a good reason, one good reason, why including the word "liberal" in there is necessary unless you're intending to take a swing at liberals.

Quote:I think it's more likely that she gets a six-figure advance on a book deal with the rights then sold off for a movie version, proving once and for all that if you ain't lyin', you're not tryin'.
This woman is a serial litigator.  You're right, she may get a book deal, but I doubt she's done flinging her false accusations around.