Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NAACP Leader, "I Do Consider Myself Black"

Why is the media/public outraged about this lady who is white but considers herself black but there's no outrage from the mass media/public about Caitlyn/Bruce? 

If the lady identifies with a different race that should be ok right? I don't get these media folk and much of the population sometimes.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Since we are playing make believe...I'm going to start believing that I am a 6' ft. tall Swedish bikini model. :thumbsup:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 06-14-2015, 02:30 PM by TJBender.)

If someone wants to live as though they are a member of a different race, that's ok by me. There are two key differences between Caitlyn Jenner and Rachel Dolezal for me:

1. Jenner hasn't spent the last 20 years running around in drag and advancing herself socially by telling people that she was a woman, complete with a fabricated life story. Dolezal has spent the last 20 years running around in blackface telling people that she is African-American, that her father was an elderly black man, that her adopted brother was her son, all that crap.

2. Jenner hasn't fabricated hate crimes against herself. Dolezal, on several occasions, has (almost certainly, let's be honest) placed hate speech and/or threats in her own mailbox and reported them as hate crimes to "build rep" within the black community.

To me, that's the key difference. Jenner's "dishonesty" about who she really was for all this time was as much to protect her family as it was anything else. Dolezal's dishonesty was designed to advance her career and social status, and she willfully lied to lots of people to get to where she is.

Oh what some people will say/do for publicity...oh, and who really gives a hoot?
Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:If someone wants to live as though they are a member of a different race, that's ok by me. There are two key differences between Caitlyn Jenner and Rachel Dolezal for me:

1. Jenner hasn't spent the last 20 years running around in drag and advancing herself socially by telling people that she was a woman, complete with a fabricated life story. Dolezal has spent the last 20 years running around in blackface telling people that she is African-American, that her father was an elderly black man, that her adopted brother was her son, all that crap.

2. Jenner hasn't fabricated hate crimes against herself. Dolezal, on several occasions, has (almost certainly, let's be honest) placed hate speech and/or threats in her own mailbox and reported them as hate crimes to "build rep" within the black community.

To me, that's the key difference. Jenner's "dishonesty" about who she really was for all this time was as much to protect her family as it was anything else. Dolezal's dishonesty was designed to advance her career and social status, and she willfully lied to lots of people to get to where she is.
This. Exactly this. 

Quote:If someone wants to live as though they are a member of a different race, that's ok by me. There are two key differences between Caitlyn Jenner and Rachel Dolezal for me:

All good points. I have not read up on this and didn't realize she's being accused of some of the things you mentioned. I thought it was a white lady who preferred to be living her life as a black female. It appear for now that the NAACP is supporting her. Supposed to issue a statement tomorrow.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

WAKE UP   ,    ' MURICA !

(This post was last modified: 06-14-2015, 04:03 PM by rfc17.)

Quote: 

Since when has that been frowned upon in our society?

Quote:All good points. I have not read up on this and didn't realize she's being accused of some of the things you mentioned. I thought it was a white lady who preferred to be living her life as a black female. It appear for now that the NAACP is supporting her. Supposed to issue a statement tomorrow.
Yeah, as I understand it, this whole thing came to light because she planted another fake piece of hate mail in her mailbox at work and reported it, the police came out and said that it had never actually been mailed because there were no postal markings on it, and her parents finally decided that enough was enough and sent out high school photos of a very white Rachel Dolezal. She wasn't just living her life as a member of another race, which I suppose I have no real issues with. She was lying through her teeth about who she was, where she'd come from, what her life story was, how society was treating her, etc., and she was doing it for personal and financial gain. That I have a serious problem with.

Quote:Since when has that been frowned upon in our society?
I'm not sure I get the question. Are you saying that society considers it ok to fabricate hate crimes against yourself and use them for personal gain? I'd love to see some examples if so.

(This post was last modified: 06-14-2015, 08:51 PM by rollerjag.)

Why is there anger over the lack of outrage about Caitlyn Jenner?

Let it go already...

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote: 

I'm not sure I get the question. Are you saying that society considers it ok to fabricate hate crimes against yourself and use them for personal gain? I'd love to see some examples if so.

Well I think there is a difference between "being ok with it" and "not frowning upon it" as i said.  It's more of an indifference from society as a whole.  Last year(or maybe two years ago), Oprah lied about not being shown an expensive handbag while in Europe insinuating racism.  Michelle Obama lied about her subtle racist experience at Target.  Makes for a great story and helps them push a narrative.  But other than right wing talk shows, nobody cares they lied.  

I doubt this lady made it to the head of that regional branch of the NAACP because of a few made up stories.  Sounds like she has done a lot to earn the role.  I think most of the outrage is the fact that they were hoodwinked into a white person obtaining such a prominent role.  Remember at UNF a few years ago when that white kid was running for some kind of prominent role at the black student union?  And he won the position I think.  And there was this huge outrage amongst all the black kids for some reason.  Who says a white person cant do the job well or support the cause?  Just like this lady.  Sure maybe she made up a few stories about racism but so has Oprah.  So has Michelle.  Nobody cares.  Sells the story.  Pushes the narrative.

Which one is more important of someone in the public eye: what one considers them self or what the public considers them?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Which one is more important of someone in the public eye: what one considers them self or what the public considers them?

I wonder if she's ever received assistance from the government or maybe college tuition because she listed herself as a minority? Hmmmmmm, I wonder if I should declare myself African American and head back to school to collect some of those racially discriminatory scholarships? Probably not a good idea, as a white male I'm not an (supposedly) oppressed and victimized minority so I don't have access to those kinds of opportunities. Guess I'll just have to stick with my normal privilege of being both the cause of and solution to all the world's problems.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Gender and race are clearly the same thing, and I can't wait to see how this thread unfolds!!!

Quote:Gender and race are clearly the same thing, and I can't wait to see how this thread unfolds!!!

More importantly it seems that reality and imaginary are now the same. That should make for some good times!

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Since we are playing make believe...I'm going to start believing that I am a 6' ft. tall Swedish bikini model. :thumbsup:

I thought that was how we already imagined you, except for the ones who know you, a Swedish beach bunnie bikini model.

Don't tell me it's not true.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I thought that was how we already imagined you, except for the ones who know you, a Swedish beach bunnie bikini model.

Don't tell me it's not true.

Well...I just added the really tall part!! :thumbsup:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Well...I just added the really tall part!! :thumbsup:

Well, I do declare, that gives me the vapors...

Quote:I wonder if she's ever received assistance from the government or maybe college tuition because she listed herself as a minority? Hmmmmmm, I wonder if I should declare myself African American and head back to school to collect some of those racially discriminatory scholarships? Probably not a good idea, as a white male I'm not an (supposedly) oppressed and victimized minority so I don't have access to those kinds of opportunities. Guess I'll just have to stick with my normal privilege of being both the cause of and solution to all the world's problems.
She used it for at least one job.  She put it on her application, so that could be considered fraud.  It's no different than checking the box for no criminal history when you have a criminal record. 

For what it's worth, she just announced that she resigned as the head of the NAACP in Spokane on her Facebook page. 

Rumor has it she's taking a job as the new head of the New Black Panthers. Wink

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

So she can't dance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY_DF2Af3LM

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.