Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Report: Baalke to be retained as GM

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 04:26 PM by Bullseye.)

(01-10-2022, 03:14 PM)Caldrac Wrote: And, again. Bill Polian is reportedly helping Chicago with their next search at HC.

Not sure why Khan can't get the same kind of pull for his franchise.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bumped in to TL at Publix earlier. He's positive there is a 91% chance Baalke is gone.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Option D=FIRE BAALKE.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(01-10-2022, 06:28 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Bumped in to TL at Publix earlier. He's positive there is a 91% chance Baalke is gone.

I was hanging out with Jerry Jones out here at the Frisco Star and asked him what the hell is wrong with the Jaguars.  He said, "they are still a franchise?".
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 07:10 PM by Jags. Edited 5 times in total.)

(01-10-2022, 07:00 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 06:28 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Bumped in to TL at Publix earlier. He's positive there is a 91% chance Baalke is gone.

I was hanging out with Jerry Jones out here at the Frisco Star and asked him what the hell is wrong with the Jaguars.  He said, "they are still a franchise?".

I was hanging out with Jim Irsay.  We didn’t talk about much.  Just did some blow and hookers.  But, he’s rich.  It was the good booger sugar!  The hookers were meh.  He’s 91% sure he can get us better girls next time after he gets some contacts from Robby Kraft.   Shad showed up.  He thought we needed bumpers not a bump.  Silly Shad.He pulled out a hundo and rolled it up and snorted a line or two  and decided to keep Baalke.  Hell of a Monday, I’ll tell ya that!

(01-10-2022, 06:52 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: Option D=FIRE BAALKE.

This needs to be a permanent mb poll option. Right up there with corn and blank #2

(01-10-2022, 07:57 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:

This needs to be a permanent mb poll option. Right up there with corn and blank #2

True so true
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

If Baalke isn’t gone by now then he probably won’t be. Now we just have to hope they don’t screw the pooch on the HC hire. Btw, Bevell sits for an interview tomorrow. I’m sure it’s only a formality before he leaves for good.

Right?

Right??

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 08:30 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-10-2022, 08:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: If Baalke isn’t gone by now then he probably won’t be. Now we just have to hope they don’t screw the pooch on the HC hire. Btw, Bevell sits for an interview tomorrow. I’m sure it’s only a formality before he leaves for good.

Right?

Right??
I wouldn’t be surprised by much with this organization.  I jokingly said Baalke, Bevell (HC) in another thread.  Guess the joke could be on me. Or us.   

I would’ve put money on UM being gone after this season and won.  I wouldn’t put even more on Baalke being gone.  So much for breaking even.  Just a breaking of my Jaguars fandom heart.  I’m glad I’m in good company with all of you.

(01-10-2022, 04:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 03:14 PM)Caldrac Wrote: And, again. Bill Polian is reportedly helping Chicago with their next search at HC.

Not sure why Khan can't get the same kind of pull for his franchise.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing.

I think Polian is a self-serving advisor. He advised Shad to hire Caldwell, his son’s friend. Lo and behold, his son who helped get him canned in Indy, was later installed as Caldwell’s right hand man.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2022, 09:24 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-10-2022, 08:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: If Baalke isn’t gone by now then he probably won’t be. Now we just have to hope they don’t screw the pooch on the HC hire. Btw, Bevell sits for an interview tomorrow. I’m sure it’s only a formality before he leaves for good.

Right?

Right??

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he stays as HC.   Khan likes continuity, and from reports, Baalke is scaring off a lot of candidates.   I don't think Baalke would feel threatened by Bevell in any way, as he might be with a bigger name HC.  Plus, from reports, everyone in the building likes Bevell as a person, unlike Meyer, who was reportedly hated by everyone in the building.  

So I wouldn't be surprised.  Maybe they'll keep everyone in place, with Bevell as HC, Schottenheimer as OC, and Cullen as DC.

Bevell did get them motivated to play hard in the last game of the season, so he has that going for him.

I think I'd rather have Bevell than O'Brien.

(01-11-2022, 09:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Right?

Right??

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he stays as HC.   Khan likes continuity, and from reports, Baalke is scaring off a lot of candidates.   I don't think Baalke would feel threatened by Bevell in any way, as he might be with a bigger name HC.  Plus, from reports, everyone in the building likes Bevell as a person, unlike Meyer, who was reportedly hated by everyone in the building.  

So I wouldn't be surprised.  Maybe they'll keep everyone in place, with Bevell as HC, Schottenheimer as OC, and Cullen as DC.

Bevell did get them motivated to play hard in the last game of the season, so he has that going for him.

Getting Bevell out of the booth was the biggest team improvement of that whole scenario. 

Schottenheimer as OC and Cullen as DC is not a bad compromise. Considering the potential that will go tragically unrealized because of Khan's managerial stasis, we could do worse.

Compromise is what the owner has been expecting the  fans  to do since he bought the team
for some reason, he gets things pretty right when it comes to downtown and real estate things....
football? not so much
leaving us with "because Jaguars"...  Wallbash
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2022, 10:10 AM by CanDoBetter. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-11-2022, 09:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 09:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me at all if he stays as HC.   Khan likes continuity, and from reports, Baalke is scaring off a lot of candidates.   I don't think Baalke would feel threatened by Bevell in any way, as he might be with a bigger name HC.  Plus, from reports, everyone in the building likes Bevell as a person, unlike Meyer, who was reportedly hated by everyone in the building.  

Getting Bevell out of the booth was the biggest team improvement of that whole scenario. 

Schottenheimer as OC and Cullen as DC is not a bad compromise. Considering the potential that will go tragically unrealized because of Khan's managerial stasis, we could do worse.

I need to know what the players(in particular #16) think about that. The guys on defense apparently like Cullen(or at least say so publicly). I thought Bevell and Schotty were pretty aligned but who knows?

I noted in the thread on Dylan Moses that if Haddy video isn't a joke it means there are no sources from the locker room. Lots of things would be clearer if we knew what they thought.

(01-10-2022, 07:57 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:

and thus it is now canon.

(01-11-2022, 10:09 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 09:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Getting Bevell out of the booth was the biggest team improvement of that whole scenario. 

I need to know what the players(in particular #16) think about that. The guys on defense apparently like Cullen(or at least say so publicly). I thought Bevell and Schotty were pretty aligned but who knows?

I noted in the thread on Dylan Moses that if Haddy video isn't a joke it means there are no sources from the locker room. Lots of things would be clearer if we knew what they thought.

That video doesn't give you anything to draw conclusions from. And there is never a complete picture of anything from the locker room. We fans get smatterings of incomplete info here and there. I wouldn't place too much stock in any of it. 

I actually had a close friend in the building who dealt with players daily from 2003-2010. I used to get info from him that he got from players. 
It was rarely of any value. 

I can tell you that those stories of Leftwich going diva style for a while and wearing shades in meetings was indeed accurate, LOL.

I am still hearing so many conflicting rumors.

I have a reservation at the Wells Fargo building on standby just in case.

Right?

Right??

Most certainly on that last bit. Devil you know and all...

The guys are playing for these coaches, and that's more than I can say when Urbz was calling the shots. Does that honeymoon phase end though? Is Bevell/Schotty the coaching duo that is going to get the most out of Trevor? If nothing else, it allows him to continue working in the same playbook and not have to relearn everything as so many of our other high-pick QB had to do throughout their time here.

I don't know what to think anymore, because everytime I think what the best option would be for the team to pursue, it seems they take the polar opposite direction.

Right?

Right??

I’d actually rather have Bevell too. His demeanor might be more fit for head coaching than coordinating.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

I didn't think the balloon could deflate any further, but going from the idea of a total housecleaning to retaining the status quo has to be about the lowest point for me as a fan of this team in 25 years. What a disappointment that would be.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato