Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Report: Baalke to be retained as GM

(01-11-2022, 10:36 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I didn't think the balloon could deflate any further, but going from the idea of a total housecleaning to retaining the status quo has to be about the lowest point for me as a fan of this team in 25 years. What a disappointment that would be.

Doug Marrone 2.0. Was worried a win at home like that would wet Khan's pants in excitement. I really feel like he's just [BLEEP] lazy now when it comes to managing and owning a football team. 

Probably didn't want to fire Baalke because he didn't want to personally get involved in finding a new General Manager after he failed with Dave Caldwell to begin with. 

Again, hire somebody to do it for you. Chicago tapped Bill Polian to help them out after canning Nagy and keeping their GM. There's nothing wrong with that. Tell Polian to help you out as well. Call Parcells. Call Dungy. Call Wolf. 

He [BLEEP] plays too much.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-11-2022, 10:19 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: I am still hearing so many conflicting rumors.

I have a reservation at the Wells Fargo building on standby just in case.
Give a little more insight to us peasents!

(01-11-2022, 11:40 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 10:19 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: I am still hearing so many conflicting rumors.

Isn't it smarter to wait until something is official and then say it's what you heard?

(01-11-2022, 11:40 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Lol. Basically the same we’ve been hearing all week; some say Baalke will be gone because most coaches expressed misgivings in the interviews and Leftwich apparently outright said he’d bring in some one from the Cardinals FO. Others say he’s here and that khan is loyal to a fault with him

(01-11-2022, 12:15 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 11:40 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Give a little more insight to us peasents!

Lol. Basically the same we’ve been hearing all week; some say Baalke will be gone because most coaches expressed misgivings in the interviews and Leftwich apparently outright said he’d bring in some one from the Cardinals FO. Others say he’s here and that khan is loyal to a fault with him

key words being "to a fault"
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(01-11-2022, 11:40 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Give a little more insight to us peasents!

We already have someone from the Cardinals Front Office.  Jeff Lamping came from the St. Louis Cardinals Front Office to take the position with the Jags organization.

(01-11-2022, 10:49 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 10:36 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I didn't think the balloon could deflate any further, but going from the idea of a total housecleaning to retaining the status quo has to be about the lowest point for me as a fan of this team in 25 years. What a disappointment that would be.

Doug Marrone 2.0. Was worried a win at home like that would wet Khan's pants in excitement. I really feel like he's just [BLEEP] lazy now when it comes to managing and owning a football team. 

Probably didn't want to fire Baalke because he didn't want to personally get involved in finding a new General Manager after he failed with Dave Caldwell to begin with. 

Again, hire somebody to do it for you. Chicago tapped Bill Polian to help them out after canning Nagy and keeping their GM. There's nothing wrong with that. Tell Polian to help you out as well. Call Parcells. Call Dungy. Call Wolf. 

He [BLEEP] plays too much.

I know this sounds great on the surface, but I actually don't like it.  The problem with the big names leading the search is that they have a conflict of interest.  They are concerned about their legacy.  They want as many people as possible from their "tree" in head coaching jobs.  As such, they will be highly biased in their favor.  I haven't looked up who is connected to who, but let's hypothetically say that Doug Pederson is the best candidate for the job, but he has no connection to Polian.  Polian may pass over Pederson and select a lesser candidate just because he previously worked with him.  That's not good.

My approach would first to have fired both the GM and head coach.  I then hire a search firm to assist in finding the new GM.  It's not uncommon to use a search firm in the NFL.  Select a search firm that has been used in the NFL before and has a proven record of finding the right GM.  While they are typically called "search firms", they are basically HR consultants.  They help you determine which qualities are most important and then help you identify the candidate who best fits it.  They are in the interviews and use their years of experience to ask the right questions, analyze the responses and ultimately advise on the selection.  Once I had the GM, I would let him pick the head coach.  He can choose whether he wants the assistance of a search firm or not.  However, either way, he's responsible for his choice and the success/failure of the team.

If we don't fire Baalke this year, we're stuck with him at least 2 more years I think. Which is kind of scary.

Why no news???

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2022, 02:06 PM by jaguarmvp.)

That is Khans trend. He is loyal to a fault with too many. That's why the Jags are in the state they are in now.

(01-11-2022, 01:59 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: If we don't fire Baalke this year, we're stuck with him at least 2 more years I think. Which is kind of scary.

The way Khan has been running this team, no shocker.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(01-11-2022, 02:00 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Why no news???

I hate to be negative, but I think there's a 90%+ chance that Baalke is retained.  It was never a good sign that he was involved in head coach interviews.  However, I held up hope that he was maybe just getting the process started and that they wanted to retain him through the remainder of the season due to COVID necessitating a bunch of roster moves.  However, if so, he should have been fired the minute the season ended or at worst, the next day.  It's now Tuesday and no news.  Sadly, he's here to stay.  I hope the Wells Fargo building has their elevator working.

Just saw this story...

https://sports.yahoo.com/49ers-jimmie-wa...42642.html

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-11-2022, 02:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Just saw this story...

https://sports.yahoo.com/49ers-jimmie-wa...42642.html

"You can't play cover 3?"

LOL. Not even his assignment.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Off with his head already

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2022, 06:03 PM by MoJagFan. Edited 1 time in total.)

Feb. 2020 as the director of player personnel and was promoted to interim general manager in November when David Caldwell was relieved of his duties. Baalke was officially named to the position at the end of the season.

So Baalke was ahead of Urbz? What the heck is going on here?

Edit: I know he was here ahead of Urbz but I thought Urbz cemented him as GM.

Welp, there goes Trevor's first contract. Alex Smith 2.0. Look at all the rookies played well hype going on right now. We are being setup of course.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Sounds like a Trent Baalke, Bill O’Brien/Vic Fangio led Jaguars…….
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

(01-11-2022, 06:18 PM)Adub28 Wrote: Sounds like a Trent Baalke, Bill O’Brien/Vic Fangio led Jaguars…….

Where are you getting that info from?
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

It was talked about on the radio and as far as I know came out of Baalke’s mouth, from what I have read over the past few days. But who know’s lotta bs rumors always flying around this time of year. But it does sound like an actual quote from Baalke from what I read.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

I’d take 3 Dave Caldwells over one Trent Baalke.

Fire Baalke and hire Rick Spielman