Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Report: Baalke to be retained as GM

(01-13-2022, 01:15 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: We will be picking Jameson Williams and Jalen Waddle is littlefinger remains the GM.

I laughed.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-13-2022, 05:23 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 04:53 PM)MIJagsFan Wrote: Maybe you should google Littlefinger, before you say the joke doesn't work. Some people may not get it, but I'd wager the majority will.

The problem with people who watched game of thrones is they think everyone watched it.
Most Americans don't even have HBO!
No offense dude, but when it ran it was one of the most watched TV shows of all time. It still ranks high on that list and it one of the highest rated shows in history (except the final season). If you’re not a fan, that’s fine, and that explains why the joke doesn’t work for you. Most people get the joke, and it IS spot on.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2022, 07:30 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

I've never seen Game of Thrones but I don't watch much TV outside of Sports and some movies

(01-13-2022, 05:32 PM)CSTblank Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 05:23 PM)mikesez Wrote: The problem with people who watched game of thrones is they think everyone watched it.
No offense dude, but when it ran it was one of the most watched TV shows of all time. It still ranks high on that list and it one of the highest rated shows in history (except the final season). If you’re not a fan, that’s fine, and that explains why the joke doesn’t work for you. Most people get the joke, and it IS spot on.

Baalke is certainly Littlefinger. 100%. He's a cunning little [BLEEP] that knows how to work the game and he lets everybody take the fall around him. I am still convinced Littlefinger escaped. That wasn't really him that Arya got. His connections were ridiculous in that world.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-13-2022, 05:23 PM)mikesez Wrote: The problem with people who watched game of thrones is they think everyone watched it.

It got about 20% of the eyeballs that M*A*S*H got. Most HBO subscribers didn't watch it!
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-13-2022, 05:41 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 05:32 PM)CSTblank Wrote: No offense dude, but when it ran it was one of the most watched TV shows of all time. It still ranks high on that list and it one of the highest rated shows in history (except the final season). If you’re not a fan, that’s fine, and that explains why the joke doesn’t work for you. Most people get the joke, and it IS spot on.

It got about 20% of the eyeballs that M*A*S*H got. Most HBO subscribers didn't watch it!

What is M*A*S*H?

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2022, 05:45 PM by Jags.)

(01-13-2022, 05:42 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 05:41 PM)mikesez Wrote: It got about 20% of the eyeballs that M*A*S*H got. Most HBO subscribers didn't watch it!

What is M*A*S*H?
[Image: 1-172452885.jpg]

(01-13-2022, 05:41 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 05:32 PM)CSTblank Wrote: No offense dude, but when it ran it was one of the most watched TV shows of all time. It still ranks high on that list and it one of the highest rated shows in history (except the final season). If you’re not a fan, that’s fine, and that explains why the joke doesn’t work for you. Most people get the joke, and it IS spot on.

When mash was on there were only a few channels to choose from. Got came out in an era with 100s of choices and still ranked that high. Game of thrones is fantastic TV
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(01-13-2022, 05:48 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 05:41 PM)mikesez Wrote: It got about 20% of the eyeballs that M*A*S*H got. Most HBO subscribers didn't watch it!

When mash was on there were only a few channels to choose from. Got came out in an era with 100s of choices and still ranked that high. Game of thrones is fantastic TV
Population has gotten way higher along with lazy people sitting around streaming tv.  Just sayin’…

It was a crap show and shows that majority rule is a crap way of deciding anything.

The writing was garbage, the characters were bad and the storyline unbelievable. Basically everything the average American clamors for.

(01-13-2022, 05:59 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

It was a crap show and shows that majority rule is a crap way of deciding anything.

The writing was garbage, the characters were bad and the storyline unbelievable. Basically everything the average American clamors for.

I hear if you like seeing floppy wieners, you’d like the show.  I’ve never seen a full show.  But I saw about 15 minutes of one and saw a floppy wiener.  I think South Park made a joke about that as well.

(01-13-2022, 05:59 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

I agree with the majority rule. There's plenty of hidden gems out there. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Game of Thrones had it's ups and downs. As did a number of other shows. The Walking Dead is a recent one that comes to mind. I stopped watching it years ago. 

I think the problem with Game of Thrones came down to two primary issues. For starters, the book was and still is far from complete and finished. GRRM never produced an ending. So, D&D, the writers from HBO, they pretty much had an idea of how the story was going to eventually end. However, the final year was a disgrace to the series. It was rushed. The pacing was horrendous. The characters flat lined. The majority of the reveals were not all that surprising, etc. 

Was it a good show? Overall, yes. Some of the battle scene episodes that they put out were great. Was it the greatest show of all time because of viewership? Meh. Again, ups and downs. A lot of people held onto the series just for the sake of finishing it. Which is something I CANNOT say for The Walking Dead. 

Personally, I think Vikings was a better show over on the History channel. And I felt compared to the lack of budget and creativity that they were limited with (It's on the History channel, it's about Vikings, they can't go raunchy and over the top like AMC and HBO) it actually offered a more compelling story and it didn't get too far away from it's roots all while trying to blend a folklore hero in Ragnar into an actual story of Vikings that truly existed and waged terror on Europe. I have no interest in the prequel series of Game of Thrones though when/if that ever comes out. Looking forward to Netflix carrying on the Vikings storyline though for sure. 

Overall, as far as HBO shows. The best one is still the Sopranos long standing series wise. As far as a one and done type of season? By far? It's the first season of True Detective with Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey. That was a great run.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2022, 06:17 PM by Hard_Eight.)

(01-13-2022, 06:10 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 05:59 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: It was a crap show and shows that majority rule is a crap way of deciding anything.

I hear if you like seeing floppy wieners, you’d like the show.  I’ve never seen a full show.  But I saw about 15 minutes of one and saw a floppy wiener.  I think South Park made a joke about that as well.

There was plenty of perkiness as well...

Great show for the first 2/3rds

The ending was TERRIBLE, I thought that was the joke here...
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(01-13-2022, 06:16 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 06:10 PM)Jags Wrote: I hear if you like seeing floppy wieners, you’d like the show.  I’ve never seen a full show.  But I saw about 15 minutes of one and saw a floppy wiener.  I think South Park made a joke about that as well.

There was plenty of perkiness as well...

The last season was meh but the rest was fantastic.  Also had some hot naked girls in there not just floppy weiners.

Sounds like HBO execs sat at a round table discussing “how can we create a show around bewbs and wieners”. After all sex sells. I get it. But If I wanted to watch bewbs and wieners , I’d probably go elsewhere. I hope it was those really big wieners though! You never want to see a tiny one.

(01-13-2022, 06:14 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 05:59 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: It was a crap show and shows that majority rule is a crap way of deciding anything.

I agree with the majority rule. There's plenty of hidden gems out there. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Game of Thrones had it's ups and downs. As did a number of other shows. The Walking Dead is a recent one that comes to mind. I stopped watching it years ago. 

I think the problem with Game of Thrones came down to two primary issues. For starters, the book was and still is far from complete and finished. GRRM never produced an ending. So, D&D, the writers from HBO, they pretty much had an idea of how the story was going to eventually end. However, the final year was a disgrace to the series. It was rushed. The pacing was horrendous. The characters flat lined. The majority of the reveals were not all that surprising, etc. 

Was it a good show? Overall, yes. Some of the battle scene episodes that they put out were great. Was it the greatest show of all time because of viewership? Meh. Again, ups and downs. A lot of people held onto the series just for the sake of finishing it. Which is something I CANNOT say for The Walking Dead. 

Personally, I think Vikings was a better show over on the History channel. And I felt compared to the lack of budget and creativity that they were limited with (It's on the History channel, it's about Vikings, they can't go raunchy and over the top like AMC and HBO) it actually offered a more compelling story and it didn't get too far away from it's roots all while trying to blend a folklore hero in Ragnar into an actual story of Vikings that truly existed and waged terror on Europe. I have no interest in the prequel series of Game of Thrones though when/if that ever comes out. Looking forward to Netflix carrying on the Vikings storyline though for sure. 

Overall, as far as HBO shows. The best one is still the Sopranos long standing series wise. As far as a one and done type of season? By far? It's the first season of True Detective with Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey. That was a great run.

I'm told the European cut of Vikings has frequent nudity.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-13-2022, 06:43 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 06:16 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: There was plenty of perkiness as well...

The last season was meh but the rest was fantastic.  Also had some hot naked girls in there not just floppy weiners.

Everything after season three was garbage.  Edible garbage in season four and rank, putrid filth by the least season.

(01-14-2022, 12:32 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 06:43 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: The last season was meh but the rest was fantastic.  Also had some hot naked girls in there not just floppy weiners.

Everything after season three was garbage.  Edible garbage in season four and rank, putrid filth by the least season.

Disagree but each his own. I personally can't stand Cookie cutter crime shows like C.S.I. NCIS and the like but they are popular.

Really thought inwas gwtting updates on our GM situation and just read an entire page of people arguing about GOT.

PS fun fact, it's not one of the highest rated shows it is the most watched show of all time.