Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Michael Bennett = steal of the draft

We're almost like Seattle now with the wave of pass rushers. It's crazy. We draft or sign another one (two) next year and it will just be unfair lol.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bennett scored a 43 on the Wonderlic Test.   He had offers from Ivy League schools, NOT TO PLAY FOOTBALL!   To STUDY!!  

If you listen to his conference call, this guy is extremely intelligent.  

Great pick and should be a disruptor in the interior.

Watched his predraft press conference. "I don't care what round I get picked in because the plan will still be the same. Work my [BLEEP] off and take a leadership role."

That is a fantastic mindset.

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2015, 02:31 PM by jagboss.)

Complete steal for a 6th rd pick

A whole squad of Baby-eaters!

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

While I Love "Welcome to DUVAL....Prerapre to be Hit"

I am looking forward to the return of the days when teams looked at the schedule

and brought extra training staff to deal with JAG  games.

I wanna play Stat Boi next year, if he is still around.

Howdy Peyton, it's Stroud, Big Hen and Brackens V2

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2015, 11:35 AM by HolsterHusto.)

If you listen to this guy interview, it's really hard to not love the guy. This might be favorite pick in the draft.

Sounds like he's the best interior rusher in the draft but struggles a bit vs the run and is a pure 3 tech guy. With that in mind it will be exciting to see him on the field. He's a niche player but a really good one

Quote:Sounds like he's the best interior rusher in the draft but struggles a bit vs the run and is a pure 3 tech guy. With that in mind it will be exciting to see him on the field. He's a niche player but a really good one

I think that's why he slid to the 6th round.   He's small for a DT.   Most teams seem to want their DTs to be space-eaters, immovable objects to stuff the run like Danny Shelton.   He fits on a team that wants to play a very aggressive 4-man line, none of that read-and-react, but more attacking up field.

Quote:Hopefully it isn't something that he did off the field.
Definitely no character issues with Bennett, quite the opposite. He was voted a captain and leader on the NC winning Buckeyes.

Quote:I think that's why he slid to the 6th round. He's small for a DT. Most teams seem to want their DTs to be space-eaters, immovable objects to stuff the run like Danny Shelton. He fits on a team that wants to play a very aggressive 4-man line, none of that read-and-react, but more attacking up field.

Guessing an injury had something to with it all because even as an interior lineman being a great pass rusher would put you into the 3rd round.

I wanted him in the fourth. Shows what I know. Great pick.

;

;

Quote:Guessing an injury had something to with it all because even as an interior lineman being a great pass rusher would put you into the 3rd round.
This article will shed some light on Bennett:

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/...guars.html

First round lol

http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/201...el-bennett

I'm still confused as to why he fell to the 6th round. Seems like a bright guy who played a major part in Ohio States championship run. Besides maybe an injury, what am I missing here?
Shock the world

When I saw the video of Caldwell calling him he asked him about his hamstring......must be something recent

Quote:When I saw the video of Caldwell calling him he asked him about his hamstring......must be something recent
It has been lingering a little bit. Kept him limited/ out of the combine and pro day if I heard correctly.

Only watched a couple games of his but was not overly impressed. Looks to be a decent disrupter but not overly stout at the point of attack. He slipped to the 6th round for some reason and it could have been he's just not as highly thought of in NFL circles compared to the internet draftniks.

I like this article from the Detroit Free Press talking about possibly getting Bennett in the 2nd round to replace Suh...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/li.../23800771/

I also have to think his attitude about the draft paid off...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"I'm going to expect to go seventh round and then anything above that, I'm going to be thrilled with," Bennett said. "I'm not going to expect to go first round and then go second and be disappointed. To accomplish my dream of going in the draft is going to be phenomenal and whatever round I go in doesn't matter because when I get to whatever team I go to it's going to be the same thing. Work my (butt) off, get better every day and take a leadership position."

'02