Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pete Prisco convinced Jags are super bowl contenders in a couple of years

Quote:He's got Greg Jennings and Kyle Rudolph too right?
Over the hill Jennings? Rudolph has missed 8 games this year including today.

I'll take Bortles ARob Lee Hurns Denard Lewis and Toby over their skill players. The only difference here is Turner.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Even with Turner, their offensive numbers are only slightly better than the Jaguars. Not really sure what impact he'd have here.

Quote:Even with Turner, their offensive numbers are only slightly better than the Jaguars. Not really sure what impact he'd have here.
You don't think the offense would be improved? They dropped 35 or something today. Have we even been close to that?

I don't think Zimmer is better than Gus but Turner is better than Fisch and I think he would help this team out greatly.

Quote:Come on dude, the record is what gets you to the Super Bowl.  Please stop with moral victories.  Don't get me wrong, I loved the win last night, and Blake Bortles is starting to flash like he did in preseason.  Caldwell is the right guy for the talent.  Gus and Fisch have severely handicapped this team because they aren't experienced like the players on the team. 

You don't understand what is going on here and that's fine.  In a couple of years you will and you'll be welcomed back on the bandwagon.  But laying the groundwork the way Caldwell is going about it doesn't always equal wins today.  Somebody said something before the tacks game that is shocking when you take the time to really think about it.  Of our starting OL players, only three even know what it's like to play in a 15th game.  Phil Simms said, "do you know what happens when you play rookies?  You lose."  It's not the coaching, no one could win with this team right now.  In a couple more years? 

I don't agree with Prisco very often, but he's dead on this time.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:You don't understand what is going on here and that's fine.  In a couple of years you will and you'll be welcomed back on the bandwagon.  But laying the groundwork the way Caldwell is going about it doesn't always equal wins today.  Somebody said something before the tacks game that is shocking when you take the time to really think about it.  Of our starting OL players, only three even know what it's like to play in a 15th game.  Phil Simms said, "do you know what happens when you play rookies?  You lose."  It's not the coaching, no one could win with this team right now.  In a couple more years? 

I stated once that not even Don Shula could get a winning record with this team and the schedules that we've had to face for the last 2 years.

Odell Beckham should've went 1st in the draft.

Quote:You don't understand what is going on here and that's fine. In a couple of years you will and you'll be welcomed back on the bandwagon. But laying the groundwork the way Caldwell is going about it doesn't always equal wins today. Somebody said something before the tacks game that is shocking when you take the time to really think about it. Of our starting OL players, only three even know what it's like to play in a 15th game. Phil Simms said, "do you know what happens when you play rookies? You lose." It's not the coaching, no one could win with this team right now. In a couple more years?

I don't understand? You think I'm a band wagon fan? I'm glad you think the Jaguars are super bowl contenders in 2 years. O wish it would be true, but you need to lay off the Gus juice. Formulate your own opinion based upon the product on the field.

I swear everyone loses all common sense when the Jaguars sneak a win. I bet you think we win next week. Probability of that happening I'm sure is low, especially how they Embarrased the Ravens today.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Do you believe that a different coach would have gotten more out of this team as they stand right now? Do you think another coach would have significantly more wins that we have right now? Serious question.

I ask because with what they have starting on offense and even defensively in the secondary, the fact that we are not THE worst team in the league and that we are competitive on a lot of Sunday's is pretty impressive.

Significantly more wins?  Maybe not but ~6 with some tough losses should have been realistic.

I believe perception is once again skewed by a recent win here (against the worst team in the NFL no less).  When you look at the entire season, most games were over early.  Teams put up a small lead and rode it to victory most games.  I think this offense would have struggled some this season under any coach but there were too many coaching errors this season.

The D has played OK lately but what about the last season and a half.  Bradley was supposed to put his stamp on this defense but they struggled the 1st half of this season.  My problem isn't with a lack of talent or talent that needs to develop but poor scheming, game planning, lack of in-game adjustments, players on D constantly missing assignments early in the season, etc..  That is all coaching.

On offense, Fisch struggles stringing together plays that complement each other and lead to good drives.  The players are responsible for not executing but Fisch has had way too many poor game plans.  There were nearly never any in-game adjustments on offense.  Fisch definitely has a few creative plays.  However, those single plays do not make up for his overall poor performance as OC and his stuborn run on first down, WR screen on 2nd and get BB sacked on 3rd down approach.

I know others have their own opinions and want to talk about this coaching staff learning and will get better in the future.  I'm not buying that.  These coaches have long histories in college and the NFL and were hired (and payed very well) to do their job well.  To come into season 2 as they did and have so much that points to bad coaching is an overall big time fail on the coaching staff.

#1 item for our GM to look at------PROTECT BORTLES! I actually think we will be better next year at all positions except the OL. Bomb it in FA and in the draft.

Find a way to get O'leary from FSU. He is a player

FS that can cover even though Evans seems to be coming on.

Quote:Significantly more wins?  Maybe not but ~6 with some tough losses should have been realistic.

I believe perception is once again skewed by a recent win here (against the worst team in the NFL no less).  When you look at the entire season, most games were over early.  Teams put up a small lead and rode it to victory most games.  I think this offense would have struggled some this season under any coach but there were too many coaching errors this season.

The D has played OK lately but what about the last season and a half.  Bradley was supposed to put his stamp on this defense but they struggled the 1st half of this season.  My problem isn't with a lack of talent or talent that needs to develop but poor scheming, game planning, lack of in-game adjustments, players on D constantly missing assignments early in the season, etc..  That is all coaching.

On offense, Fisch struggles stringing together plays that complement each other and lead to good drives.  The players are responsible for not executing but Fisch has had way too many poor game plans.  There were nearly never any in-game adjustments on offense.  Fisch definitely has a few creative plays.  However, those single plays do not make up for his overall poor performance as OC and his stuborn run on first down, WR screen on 2nd and get BB sacked on 3rd down approach.

I know others have their own opinions and want to talk about this coaching staff learning and will get better in the future.  I'm not buying that.  These coaches have long histories in college and the NFL and were hired (and payed very well) to do their job well.  To come into season 2 as they did and have so much that points to bad coaching is an overall big time fail on the coaching staff.
Fisch is a college coordinator. He needs to go back. Seems like a nice guy but we have had no improvement in 2 years.

Quote:Fisch is a college coordinator. He needs to go back. Seems like a nice guy but we have had no improvement in 2 years.

I agree with this and your last post. Spot on.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:I don't understand? You think I'm a band wagon fan? I'm glad you think the Jaguars are super bowl contenders in 2 years. O wish it would be true, but you need to lay off the Gus juice. Formulate your own opinion based upon the product on the field.

I swear everyone loses all common sense when the Jaguars sneak a win. I bet you think we win next week. Probability of that happening I'm sure is low, especially how they Embarrased the Ravens today.

You need to follow you're own advice and look at the product on the field, not just the record.  What's happening during the rebuild is mostly positive.  Not every single move, but the necessity of experience is vital to the equation.  People who've watched the NFL for a long time understand that.  It's the same reason you can't take a team full of NCAA stars and compete in the NFL although some people hilariously think that's possible.

Are there areas that need to be improved still?  Sure, OL needs work still and we need to upgrade the safety position.  We may need to add another RB.  If the offensive coordinator needs to be re-evaluated, it's really hard to tell, because play calling is not the limiting factor right now.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Fisch is a college coordinator. He needs to go back. Seems like a nice guy but we have had no improvement in 2 years.

I think Fisch has done a pretty good job, considering he had SIX ROOKIE STARTERS. 

Quote:I think Fisch has done a pretty good job, considering he had SIX ROOKIE STARTERS. 
Yes... Sometimes playing rookies is a bad thing but it doesn't guarantee you worse play than veterans.

There's a reason Bowanko started over our "veteran" Brewster. Or ARob, Lee and Hurns outplaying our "veteran" Shorts.

Beckham Jr is a rookie... along with Watkins, Evans, Cooks and Benjamin. All rookies who are outplaying their veteran counterparts by a wide margin. 

There have been some growing pains on our team but continuing to use the rookie excuse is gone by now. 15 games into the season.

Quote:Yes... Sometimes playing rookies is a bad thing but it doesn't guarantee you worse play than veterans.

There's a reason Bowanko started over our "veteran" Brewster. Or ARob, Lee and Hurns outplaying our "veteran" Shorts.

Beckham Jr is a rookie... along with Watkins, Evans, Cooks and Benjamin. All rookies who are outplaying their veteran counterparts by a wide margin. 

There have been some growing pains on our team but continuing to use the rookie excuse is gone by now. 15 games into the season.

Beckham's quarterback is a two time Super Bowl MVP.

Quote:Beckham's quarterback is a two time Super Bowl MVP.
And Evans has Glennon and McCown? Watkins working with Manuel and Orton?

Also, Eli threw 27 picks last year. Enter Beckham and Eli now has played a lot better. All I'm saying is the rookie excuse doesn't always work. Larry Warford for the Lions was like a 6th round pick LG last year and I believe he made the pro-bowl.

I think a better OC could have gotten more out of this offense this year. Now next year, he should absolutely be putting up 24 a game since the core pieces of this offense won't be rookies.

Quote:Yes... Sometimes playing rookies is a bad thing but it doesn't guarantee you worse play than veterans.

You're naming SINGULAR rookies.

We are playing six rookies at the same time. List another team that is doing that...or has ever done that

I'll give you a hint....you can't.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:And Evans has Glennon and McCown? Watkins working with Manuel and Orton?

Also, Eli threw 27 picks last year. Enter Beckham and Eli now has played a lot better. All I'm saying is the rookie excuse doesn't always work. Larry Warford for the Lions was like a 6th round pick LG last year and I believe he made the pro-bowl.

I think a better OC could have gotten more out of this offense this year. Now next year, he should absolutely be putting up 24 a game since the core pieces of this offense won't be rookies.

Evans has some good stats but the Buccaneers offense is worse than the Jaguars. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total

There's plenty of young talent to make me hope that he is right.  

Gene's Myth

Quote:You're naming SINGULAR rookies.

We are playing six rookies at the same time. List another team that is doing that...or has ever done that

I'll give you a hint....you can't.
Well thats not much of a hint.... You basically told me the answer. lol

All im saying is that a better OC could get more out of the offense. You think Fisch got the most out of this offense?