Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which QB can be better?
Blake Bortles
Andrew Luck
[Show Results]

Bortles vs. Luck

There certainly are a lot of posters who look foolish for not actually reading the poll.

It's about which can be better.

Given Luck is pretty much the same QB he was the year before he left Stanford, there's no doubt Bortles has a chance to be better in the long run.

Luck is a high floor guy who looks like he's already at his ceiling.  You certainly can't say the same about Bortles.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

haha

Quote:haha
THE perfect reply.

Quote:There certainly are a lot of posters who look foolish for not actually reading the poll.

Given Luck is pretty much the same QB he was the year before he left Stanford, there's no doubt Bortles has a chance to be better in the long run.

Luck is a high floor guy who looks like he's already at his ceiling.  You certainly can't say the same about Bortles.
I find myself agreeing with you on a lot, but i can't on this one.  I've seen great improvement out of Luck, and i'm scared he will continue to get better.  I hope Bortles works out for us, we could have a great battle for the next decade.  Now we need to do what we never could during the Peyton era:  Draft a few stud pass rushers to give Luck hell!

Quote:Luck is like top 6-7 right now. Not quite elite but almost their. Blake has more seasoning to do period. Blake has potential to be a top 5 qb but next year he needs to take a stride in proving that. Luck has already shown he had the ability. He just needs Manning and Brady to retire to be put in that category.

1.  Manning

1.  Brady

1.  Rodgers

4.  Breese

4.  Rivers

4.  Squeelers' Party Boy

7.  Romo

7.  Wilson

7.  Stafford

10. Eli

10. Luck

10. Matt Ryan

10. Cam Newton

10. Kaepernick

So yeah, he's in that 4rd tier of good to pretty good QBs, in my opinion.

Quote:1. Manning

1. Brady

1. Rodgers

4. Breese

4. Rivers

4. Squeelers' Party Boy

7. Romo

7. Wilson

7. Stafford

10. Eli

10. Luck

10. Matt Ryan

10. Cam Newton

10. Kaepernick

So yeah, he's in that 4rd tier of good to pretty good QBs, in my opinion.

Push Romo and Stafford under Luck and I think we would be on the same page.

Quote:Push Romo and Stafford under Luck and I think we would be on the same page.

LOL, can't do it bro!   :no:

But it seems we're pretty close in our thoughts regarding QBs, overall.  So would you then agree Luck is "good to pretty good"?  

That's really all I'm trying to say here.  I just don't think the clots have a lock on the division like they did when manning was in the AFCS.  Or like Brady has in the AFCE...  

Luck is beatable, and so are the clots.

Quote:LOL, can't do it bro! :no:

But it seems we're pretty close in our thoughts regarding QBs, overall. So would you then agree Luck is "good to pretty good"?

That's really all I'm trying to say here. I just don't think the clots have a lock on the division like they did when manning was in the AFCS. Or like Brady has in the AFCE...

Luck is beatable, and so are the clots.

Oh I agree. Luck is very beatable. Nothing close to Manning's standards.

Romo has been lights out this year!  Romo and Rodgers best in NFL right now.

Quote:Romo has been lights out this year!  Romo and Rodgers best in NFL right now.
And Brady... Can't leave him out, what he's done this year has been remarkable.

Quote:And Brady... Can't leave him out, what he's done this year has been remarkable.

Agreed
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:There certainly are a lot of posters who look foolish for not actually reading the poll.

Go look at Lucks numbers this year compared to his previous 2.

Already at his ceiling? Come on man.... You're smarter than that.

Luck hit the ground running as the next Marino, Manning, Brady, Rodgers...

There is no contest.

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2014, 12:53 AM by lastonealive.)

Quote:Luck hit the ground running as the next Marino, Manning, Brady, Rodgers...

There is no contest.
Have you ever watched any of these QBs play?

Luck isn't fit to lace their boots as of yet.

He also has more turnovers than everyone not named Cutler.

Elite qbs can throw the ball around without the excessive turnovers

Quote:Have you ever watched any of these QBs play?

Luck isn't fit to lace their boots as of yet.

He also has more turnovers than everyone not named Cutler.

Elite qbs can throw the ball around without the excessive turnovers

I've watched every single one of those QBs play.  I'm guessing you're a homer or flat our haven't watch some of the phenomenal games/comebacks Luck has had already in his career.

Jags fans are so butt hurt the Colts got another star.  Trust me, i know, it sucks.  But to try to play him down is kinda silly.

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2014, 12:42 PM by Dolphinsfan.)

Andrew Luck is a once in a generation quarterback. He is amazing. Three and a half years ago, Miami Dolphins fans wanted our team to finish the season 0-16 to draft him. He's that good.  Unfortunately, the Miami Dolphins won six games in 2011 when Chad Henne got hurt and was replaced by a far superior quarterback, while the Colts somehow managed to tank once again for the #1 overall pick, as they did in years that Elway and Manning were entering the NFL draft.  Very curious, eh?

Blake Bortles is a raw player with severe mechanical flaws who was over-drafted based on measurables. He has a lot of potential and could become a very good, or even great quarterback. But he is not Andrew Luck and is unlikely to ever be in the same class.

I tell you this, and I hope you accept it, because my team essentially drafted the exact same player three years ago at #8.  We have taken our lumps with him, and he is getting better.  He will be a real good quarterback for us as we build around him.  Blake Bortles has enough talent and enough character that he can take that same trajectory.  You are just going to have to be patient and grind your teeth. 

I do think Bortles will be much better in year two with some off-season work on his throwing mechanics.

Quote:Andrew Luck is a once in a generation quarterback. He is amazing. Three and a half years ago, Miami Dolphins fans wanted our team to finish the season 0-16 to draft him. He's that good.  Unfortunately, the Miami Dolphins won six games in 2011 when Chad Henne got hurt and was replaced by a far superior quarterback, while the Colts somehow managed to tank once again for the #1 overall pick, as they did in years that Elway and Manning were entering the NFL draft.  Very curious, eh?

Blake Bortles is a raw player with severe mechanical flaws who was over-drafted based on measurables. He has a lot of potential and could become a very good, or even great quarterback. But he is not Andrew Luck and is unlikely to ever be in the same class.

I tell you this, and I hope you accept it, because my team essentially drafted the exact same player three years ago at #8.  We have taken our lumps with him, and he is getting better.  He will be a real good quarterback for us as we build around him.  Blake Bortles has enough talent and enough character that he can take that same trajectory.  You are just going to have to be patient and grind your teeth. 

I do think Bortles will be much better in year two with some off-season work on his throwing mechanics.
The Tannehill comparisons are legit. Tannehill has played well this year so I hope Blake progresses like him.

Quote:Colts somehow managed to tank once again for the #1 overall pick, as they did in years that Elway and Manning were entering the NFL draft.  Very curious, eh?
Ridiculous!

Each season fans on here say Luck is overrated, each season he improves.  It's kind of funny.