Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Talent evaluation

Quote:I'm not sure we really have much of a choice at this point. 

yeah he's the guy this year.

They need to look for someone to push him for his spot this year.  Draft a safety, sign a safety, i'm not sure.  Get a veteran on the cheap and hope Cyprien figures out how to play.  

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:yeah he's the guy this year.

They need to look for someone to push him for his spot this year.  Draft a safety, sign a safety, i'm not sure.  Get a veteran on the cheap and hope Cyprien figures out how to play.  
If there's an opportunity to upgrade the position, I'm pretty confident they'll attempt to do so if he continues to struggle.  Still, I don't think we're at the point where we can deem him a bust.

Donovin Darius has been working with him as a sort of mentor, and I think Darius has done a good job of identifying Cyprien's biggest issues.  In hearing him being interviewed, it really is about adapting to the speed of the game and making good decisions to get into the proper position.  When Cyprien screws up, it's hard to hide what happened. 

It was reported by one of the locals a while back that the team was looking forward getting Colvin out there with McCray starting on the other side.  Colvin looked okay out there.  He had one lucky break where he expected help over the top and released his guy only to discover nobody was there.  Fortunately, the ball was overthrown.  I think a lot of the struggles we're seeing, particularly in the secondary, are a direct result of inexperience, and poor communication.  That takes time to develop. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:If there's an opportunity to upgrade the position, I'm pretty confident they'll attempt to do so if he continues to struggle.  Still, I don't think we're at the point where we can deem him a bust.

we can't deem him a bust, but just the fact that we're talking about him being a bust is a major disappointment.  He was supposed to be one of our strengths....

He could turn it around and become an average to slightly above safety, but it's not looking good.

By all means, we should still play him because that's the only thing we have..... but if he doesn't make any plays after year 2, I am seriously looking at upgrading the position.  You can't wait forever.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:we can't deem him a bust, but just the fact that we're talking about him being a bust is a major disappointment.  He was supposed to be one of our strengths....

He could turn it around and become an average to slightly above safety, but it's not looking good.

By all means, we should still play him because that's the only thing we have..... but if he doesn't make any plays after year 2, I am seriously looking at upgrading the position.  You can't wait forever.
And he may still turn out to be a strength for this team.  Donovin Darius was probably the best SS we've ever had here, and the guy was a complete liability in the passing game. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:And he may still turn out to be a strength for this team.  Donovin Darius was probably the best SS we've ever had here, and the guy was a complete liability in the passing game. 

He was better than Cyprien in the passing game, but was still a liabiilty.  Which tells you how bad Cyprien is.

Also, Darius was dominant as a run stuffer... Cyprien is average there as well.  Cyp doesn't really do anything well at all.

I really don't think it's a matter of talent or young talent on this team.

I think a lot of people are saying the coaching staff is the problem. I love the young talent on this team and I think a better HC could get more out of this team.

Quote:I really don't think it's a matter of talent or young talent on this team.

I think a lot of people are saying the coaching staff is the problem. I love the young talent on this team and I think a better HC could get more out of this team.

probably could.

i'm not sold on Gus.

In fact, I'm pretty sure he's not the guy.  We're wasting time with him.

Quote:probably could.

i'm not sold on Gus.

In fact, I'm pretty sure he's not the guy.  We're wasting time with him.
The best teams flip their coaches every other year. 

Quote:The best teams flip their coaches every other year. 

yeah, and the best teams stay with their coaches and coaching staff after 5-22.

Quote:yeah, and the best teams stay with their coaches and coaching staff after 5-22.

I think it's safe to say this is a pretty unique situation based on the approach they're taking to rebuilding this team.  No team has gone to the extent this one has in blowing up the roster and committing to much younger players in critical roles.  Can't you see that?

Everyone expected better from the team this year, but when you're starting a rookie QB, rookie receivers, 80% of your line has less than 2 years experience as starters, your running back is a former QB who is still learning the position, it's easy to understand why the team is struggling.  Losing sucks, but let's put things into perspective. 

Quote:The best teams flip their coaches every other year. 
The best teams found good coaches then stuck with them.  They don't become good coaches by sticking with them.

Where's your evidence that Bradley is a good head coach?  Because there sure is plenty to the contrary.

Quote:I think it's safe to say this is a pretty unique situation based on the approach they're taking to rebuilding this team.  No team has gone to the extent this one has in blowing up the roster and committing to much younger players in critical roles.  Can't you see that?

Everyone expected better from the team this year, but when you're starting a rookie QB, rookie receivers, 80% of your line has less than 2 years experience as starters, your running back is a former QB who is still learning the position, it's easy to understand why the team is struggling.  Losing sucks, but let's put things into perspective. 

You think I don't know those facts?

I'm perfectly aware of who we're starting.  

I also think those rookies aren't getting better.  

I look at the 2013 draft class and I don't see them getting better. 

They should be getting better.   They're not.  I put that on coaching.

I'm not expecting us to be 6-5 or 5-6 or something like that...  But I do expect some wins here and there.  I do expect them to put up more than 3 points on the Colts who just allowed 51 points last week.

Bradley hired a bunch of clowns.

Bradley is consistently outcoached at the half.... 

Bradley just had this team completely unprepared after a bye week.

At some point, we have to take a look at what they're really doing.

You can't just say "well, we're staring a lot of young guys" and end the coaches evaluation right then and there.

Bradley sucks special circumstances or not. Not hard to see really in games. Looks like he has a long career as a defensive coordinator coming up.

Quote:And with marks: so they've found 1 good starter in bargain bin FA. If we continue at that rate, my God, we might field a competitive team by 2020
I predicted we would make the playoffs by 2019.  I guarantee it. 

Quote:I think it's safe to say this is a pretty unique situation based on the approach they're taking to rebuilding this team.  No team has gone to the extent this one has in blowing up the roster and committing to much younger players in critical roles.  Can't you see that?

Bottom line is that Khan went with the cheap route. 

Cheap GM in Caldwell.  

Cheap coach in Bradley. 

Cheap in free agency. 

You get what you pay for.  

Quote:Bottom line is that Khan went with the cheap route. 

Cheap GM in Caldwell.  

Cheap coach in Bradley. 

Cheap in free agency. 

LOL - some guy named "navyjagfan" telling me that Shad Khan doesn't know what he's doing regarding his business. That he's cheap. And then says "you get what you pay for." Good one. Is that original? I'm going to write that down.

You had me going there. I thought you were serious. What? You were? Opps.

So who were the can't miss guys you told Shad to hire? And why did he blow you off?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:LOL - some guy named "navyjagfan" telling me that Shad Khan doesn't know what he's doing regarding his business. That he's cheap. And then says "you get what you pay for." Good one. Is that original? I'm going to write that down.

You had me going there. I thought you were serious. What? You were? Opps.

So who were the can't miss guys you told Shad to hire? And why did he blow you off?
Hmmm, let's see - Shad Khan just had his soccer team get relegated and his football team is sitting at 1-10, setting a NFL record for three consecutive 1-9 starts. 

Yep - you've got me there.  Brilliant.  

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2014, 12:26 AM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

Monroe is playing extremely well tonight.

Quote:Roy Miller has been rock solid this year, as has been Marks.

Alan Ball was also contributing this year before the injury. 
Yes I would say all the line has been good this year. They are playing to much and wear down. Even with the rotation. The offense is 3 and out time and time again.I just hope they spend some money this next year to upgrade the LB and Safety

Quote:Bottom line is that Khan went with the cheap route. 

Cheap GM in Caldwell.  

Cheap coach in Bradley. 

Cheap in free agency. 

Yep this is the post of the day!