Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Talent evaluation

Bradley deserves a lot of heat, but I wanted to address this "plan" that people are defending. Just think about how many guys were supposed to play starting roles and are no longer on the team, or now reserves:

Gerhart, Watson, Brewster, Mclendon, Gratz (was a reserve before the injury to ball), Guy.... I'm sure i'm missing someone. Think about that. How can you trust the "plan" when there's nothing to show for it?

Which of the young guys on defense can you credit as playing well yesterday? Clemons was the shining star, but he isnt part of the core going forward. Cyprien continues to play like garbage.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Right, because Marks and Telvin played badly yesterday.

FYI, none of they players you listed were touted as foundational players when they were brought in.  Their contracts pretty much indicated they were being given an opportunity to prove themselves, and if they didn't, it had little impact on the team in general.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Right, because Marks and Telvin played badly yesterday.

Telvin is still inconsistent. Too early to make a judgement. But the FA pickups and draft picks from last year are struggling. Denard has been the one bright spot, but that lasted what, 3 or 4 weeks?

And with marks: so they've found 1 good starter in bargain bin FA. If we continue at that rate, my God, we might field a competitive team by 2020

Quote:Telvin is still inconsistent. Too early to make a judgement. But the FA pickups and draft picks from last year are struggling. Denard has been the one bright spot, but that lasted what, 3 or 4 weeks?

Telvin is a rookie who is already in the starting lineup and contributing.  He lead the team in tackles yesterday. 

You're one of those folks who demands instant gratification, and when you don't get it, you complain.  We get it . 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Telvin is still inconsistent. Too early to make a judgement. But the FA pickups and draft picks from last year are struggling. Denard has been the one bright spot, but that lasted what, 3 or 4 weeks?

Most young players are inconsistent, he's a 5th round rookie for crying out lout, I'd say he's played just fine considering his draft status, he was darn near dominant yesterday. I understand the frustration, but this is a reach.

Quote:Telvin is a rookie who is already in the starting lineup and contributing. He lead the team in tackles yesterday.

You're one of those folks who demands instant gratification, and when you don't get it, you complain. We get it .

And youre an [BLEEP] who doesnt seem to get that 27 games isnt "instant" gratification

Quote:Most young players are inconsistent, he's a 5th round rookie for crying out lout, I'd say he's played just fine considering his draft status, he was darn near dominant yesterday. I understand the frustration, but this is a reach.

At the same time you cant be calling him a contributor already. Has played well in like 2 games

Quote:And with marks: so they've found 1 good starter in bargain bin FA. If we continue at that rate, my God, we might field a competitive team by 2020
Roy Miller has been rock solid this year, as has been Marks.

Alan Ball was also contributing this year before the injury. 

Quote:And youre an [BAD WORD REMOVED] who doesnt seem to get that 27 games isnt "instant" gratification
I guess when someone comes back at you with facts, this is the best you can muster.  Not to worry.  I don't expect a whole lot of deep thought from you.

Quote:At the same time you cant be calling him a contributor already. Has played well in like 2 games

He contributed to a dominating defensive effort yesterday, especially considering the caliber of the opponent we were facing. He was also dominant against the Cleveland Browns, on one is saying Telvin has been lights out, but his play is encouraging. Your standards are a bit high for a <span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;">5th round

rookie LB.
</span>

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 05:52 PM by clfcrn777.)

Quote:I guess when someone comes back at you with facts, this is the best you can muster. Not to worry. I don't expect a whole lot of deep thought from you.
And you call everyone who disagrees with you an idiot. Who's the bigger fool, the 1-10 regime that remains optimistic, or the fan who buys into that optimism?

1-10 in year 2 is unacceptable.

Quote:He contributed to a dominating defensive effort yesterday, especially considering the caliber of the opponent we were facing. He was also dominant against the Cleveland Browns, on one is saying Telvin has been lights out, but his play is encouraging. Your standards are a bit high for a <span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;">5th round

rookie LB.
</span>
It's a shame the OPs standards aren't quite as high with his posting.

Quote:And you call everyone who disagrees with you an idiot. Who's the bigger fool, the 1-10 regime that remains optimistic, or the fan who buys into that optimism.

1-10 in year 2 is unacceptable.
I don't recall referring to you as an idiot, so clearly you're projecting.  Show me anywhere that I've called you an idiot in this or any thread for that matter.  If you think I'm doing it, maybe it's just because you realize the truth?

Oh no!  1-10 is unacceptable to you.  Well, here's your option.  Leave.  Nobody is begging you to stick around.  It's not like you contribute anything here that anyone finds even remotely compelling.

Quote:He contributed to a dominating defensive effort yesterday, especially considering the caliber of the opponent we were facing. He was also dominant against the Cleveland Browns, on one is saying Telvin has been lights out, but his play is encouraging. Your standards are a bit high for a 5th round

rookie LB.

Ok, but that's 1 guy. How would you grade the 2013 class? Because theyre the ones who should be showing improvement?

Same question for you, FBT

Didn't Chris Smith make a couple of plays yesterday?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Yawn.

You can do this with every GM in the league.  Yes, Caldwell has had a few misses in FA but he didn't throw tons of money at them and he also signed guys like Marks, Miller, Ball,  Clemons, and Bryant.

Yes some of the 2013 picks are looking shaky in their second year, but he also drafted and signed these young guys: McCray, Denard, Hurns, Allen Robinson, Linder, Telvin and Bowanko.  

Some hits, some misses, and some incompletes.  Put down the pitchforks, people. The GM is isn't going to be fired.

Quote:It's a shame the OPs standards aren't quite as high with his posting.

Tell me about it, out of all the problems this team has (almost all of them are on the offensive side of the ball) Telvin Smith isn't one of them, to suggest so is pure lunacy.

Quote:I don't recall referring to you as an idiot, so clearly you're projecting. Show me anywhere that I've called you an idiot in this or any thread for that matter. If you think I'm doing it, maybe it's just because you realize the truth?

Oh no! 1-10 is unacceptable to you. Well, here's your option. Leave. Nobody is begging you to stick around. It's not like you contribute anything here that anyone finds even remotely compelling.
wait, 1-10 is acceptable to you?

Quote:Tell me about it, out of all the problems this team has (almost all of them are on the offensive side of the ball) Telvin Smith isn't one of them, to suggest so is pure lunacy.
Nobody is saying telvin is the problem. The 2013 class is the concern.