Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gotta Give It To Jameis' Legal Team

Quote:The quote button won't work for me at work. It's been quite annoying.

The opinion as to whether he meant to shoplift. The opinion that a misdemeanor or even that particular misdemeanor precludes being a good person.

As for the facts. Depending on the interview she's said that she incapacitated using drugs. She's said that she was incapacitated by being hit over the head. She's said that she was just so drunk that she was incapacitated.

BTW. I laughed at the idea that describing a 6'4 premier athlete as a 5'8 overweight guy is "failing to nail Jameis' exact physical dimensions."

ok so 1. not meaning this in a joking manner but ive had sex with women when i was sober and wouldnt be able to tell you their height and weight. ive been hammered drunk and slept with women before and i couldnt even their name or their hair color the next day. so i totally understand where she is coming from, it also could have been a traumatic experience at the time depending on how lucid she was.

whether she was hammered drunk, hopped up on every drug in the world, or incapacitated by a blow to the head......

its still illegal to sleep with her if she cant give consent!

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Lol, and what are you supposed to make your mind up on him about?

Go find the thread about the student union issue....numerous FSU fans ripping him. All the sudden you all love him again? Because the guy may bring you another national title...he can do no wrong apparently.
Embracing the hate. Worse thing he's done is steal some crab legs. Its ok hate on FSU and their QB. I'm sorry you cant beat him on the field, so lets hope he's done everything he's accused of to get him off the field. Embracing the hate. Haters gonna hate, FSU just wins baby.

Quote:The poor me the ESPN SEC bias is already old. Maybe if your quarterback didnt act like an immature 12 year old they would leave him alone.

Nobody was saying this last year when ESPN was ripping Johnny Manziel.

Your fans are soft...its sad.
Nah we just enjoy our championships. Name calling now huh josh. Your posts are laced with FSU hate and I think it's funny how you claim to not be a fan of the SEC yet you're the first to jump on someone who claims SEC biased. Its called the SEC network...enough said about ESPN bias. You mad bro? Sorry we keep winning...25 - 0 and counting.

@Achilles

And the evidence (physical exam, drug tests, blood alcohol level test) show that none of these are likely to be true.

Quote:Hahhahahaha, you're the one that takes it so personally.
You could fool me based on some of your recent posts.....

Quote:Nah we just enjoy our championships. Name calling now huh josh. Your posts are laced with FSU hate and I think it's funny how you claim to not be a fan of the SEC yet you're the first to jump on someone who claims SEC biased. Its called the SEC network...enough said about ESPN bias. You mad bro? Sorry we keep winning...25 - 0 and counting.
The SEC bias is a joke. News is news whether its Johnny Manziel or Winston. As I've pointed out before they were doing live reports from Gainesville during the Treon Harris deal. 

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:of course the statements contradict each other.... if jameis is guilty, he isnt going to admit it and neither are his friends.

what i speak to is that jameis has proven time and time again that he is a bad egg.

has this girl been in trouble since then? the answer is no.
She claimed to be drunk...tested negative.....she claimed rape...rape kit tested negative...those are just two of the contradictions to her story.

Quote:im actually such a good person that i havent paid for groceries in months.
He was punished for that crime. Have you ever driven home after drinking more than two beers? If you have than you have committed a far larger crime than he did. Everyone makes mistakes.BTW he was signing an autograph when he walked out of that store and claims he forgot to pay. I dont expect you to believe him but this kid is not the thug you MB big boys and girls make him out to be.

Quote:good deflection.

I'm not deflecting anything. I've discussed this thing ad nauseam. If you want to give a girl whose story has changed multiple times during this whole ordeal the benefit of the doubt, then like I said I really can't help you. That's your deal.

Quote: 

As for Jameis, the things he's actually done don't rise to the level of 'bad egg.' I actually hold the delusional belief he's a good person.

I know I'll be called a homer and accused of making excuses, but I do too. The stealing thing is inexcusable, but I'm sure most of the people who have criticized him have some skeletons in their closets as well. 

As far as the FHRINP and the immaturity, people need to realize Jameis has a class clown personality. Obviously the student union isn't the place to shout what he shouted, but it hardly makes him a "bad egg."

Quote:She claimed to be drunk...tested negative.....she claimed rape...rape kit tested negative...those are just two of the contradictions to her story.

when did they test her BAC? the main objective of a rape kit  is test for semen. if he used a condom its coming back negative....

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2014, 06:39 PM by TravC59.)

Quote: 

As far as the FHRINP and the immaturity, people need to realize Jameis has a class clown personality. Obviously the student union isn't the place to shout what he shouted, but it hardly makes him a "bad egg."
I lean more this way daily.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

His hearing has now been set for December 1st, two days after the UF game and the week of the ACC Championship.

Quote:His hearing has now been set for December 1st, two days after the UF game and the week of the ACC Championship.

i did not think that would happen. i definitely thought they would get it pushed out after the season.

Quote:i did not think that would happen. i definitely thought they would get it pushed out after the season.

Let's see if it happens, or gets pushed back again. If it's anything like a regular hearing...those things get pushed back over and over again.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Apparently, like in the NFL, he can still play while he files appeals. That should easily push it into January before any punishment is enforced. I'll be very surprised if any punishment comes out of this at all, however.

Quote:Embracing the hate. Worse thing he's done is steal some crab legs. Its ok hate on FSU and their QB. I'm sorry you cant beat him on the field, so lets hope he's done everything he's accused of to get him off the field. Embracing the hate. Haters gonna hate, FSU just wins baby.

The venom on this board for UF through their glory run was quite high....let's not act like this is new for a national champion.

Puerile hatred Tebow, a good guy. It's pretty easy to Gaye sunshine who's done as many dumb things as Jameis.

Quote:I know I'll be called a homer and accused of making excuses, but I do too. The stealing thing is inexcusable, but I'm sure most of the people who have criticized him have some skeletons in their closets as well.

This may be true, but he's going to have to prove it to me (not that it matters). Too much has happened in a short time period to a guy that knows he's being watched. He's probably a pretty good guy, but he has to grow up at some point.

Quote:His hearing has now been set for December 1st, two days after the UF game and the week of the ACC Championship.
Is there anyone surprised????? Lets be honest a very large portion of the large football school would have done the very same thing!  Very very few would risk a NC season to do what many would call "the right thing".

And the hearing would likely have also been delayed assuming he was from a rich family and had a good lawyer.

The lawyer is what makes the difference here, not football considerations.