Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gotta Give It To Jameis' Legal Team

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-it-s-in...47634.html

He keeps getting things delayed, and the FSU athletic department wouldn't have it any other way.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So do you think it's fair to give him 13 days to prepare for this when his accuser had hundreds of days?

Quote:So do you think it's fair to give him 13 days to prepare for this when his accuser had hundreds of days?
They've only known about this title 9 investigation for much longer then that, and what it would eventually lead to.

;

This thing shouldn't even be happening. It's way beyond the statue of limitations.

Quote:This thing shouldn't even be happening. It's way beyond the statue of limitations.

From my limited understanding of the law, the statute of limitations is not even close to being up.

With that said, he'll get off without anything.  There is still a different set of rules for the University than to be criminally charged.  People have been kicked out of college for doing less.

Quote:This thing shouldn't even be happening. It's way beyond the statue of limitations.
No clue how that all works to be honest.

I'll say this. I have started to feel bad for him. He did bring some negative attention to himself. What happened with he and the girl? I don't think anyone will truly know the whole story. Only him and her. Other then that accusation he has been college kid who made a couple dumb decisions. Nothing way over the top.

Part of me wants to root for him, part of me wants him to just go away. He's hard to like, hard to hate too.

;

It just makes the game in 2 weeks that much more interesting.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:From my limited understanding of the law, the statute of limitations is not even close to being up.

With that said, he'll get off without anything. There is still a different set of rules for the University than to be criminally charged. People have been kicked out of college for doing less.

FSU's policy is to review cases of sexual assault within one year of the incident. This is going on, what, 20 months now I believe? FSU is going against policy for this thing to happen.

Quote:FSU's policy is to review cases of sexual assault within one year of the incident. This is going on, what, 20 months now I believe? FSU is going against policy for this thing to happen.
That's a whole lot different than a statute of limitations. 

For those who are defending him, and also for those who are crying about him, the same answer holds true. It happens all over the place, and all teams and schools cater to their stars. It's how it's been, and how it will always be.

Winston has withstood scrutiny from the legal system, so he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I'm impressed that the argument that its been too long AND he hasn't had time to prepare is being used. That's some serious spin right there!!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I'm impressed that the argument that its been too long AND he hasn't had time to prepare is being used. That's some serious spin right there!!!

You aren't even worth a response, but I'll do it anyway.

I'm not spinning anything you dolt. I'm telling you what his lawyer said, and what the school's policy on this kind of stuff is. If that's what you consider spin, you're dumber than I though.

Of course you wouldn't know though because you refuse to educate yourself.

Quote:You aren't even worth a response, but I'll do it anyway.

I'm not spinning anything you dolt. I'm telling you what his lawyer said, and what the school's policy on this kind of stuff is. If that's what you consider spin, you're dumber than I though.

Of course you wouldn't know though because you refuse to educate yourself.

Funny, I'm not worth a response...and yet you still respond EVERY TIME!!

Maybe you should check yourself before you get your panties in a huge bunch next time! I neither quoted you, mentioned you, or even thought about you in any way what so ever when I made my post. I was talking about Cornwell....you know, the topic of the tread!! Maybe you should talk to someone about your need to make everything about you.

And you can add name calling to your ever-growing list of "I got nothin!"

Yeah, I got nothin.

Ok, lady.

Quote:Yeah, I got nothin.

Ok, lady.

Must feel good to finally admit it.

haha

Quote:I'm impressed that the argument that its been too long AND he hasn't had time to prepare is being used. That's some serious spin right there!!!
LOL agree how can it be both......what will be the next Winston adventure...can anyone say gambling????????

Quote:LOL agree how can it be both......what will be the next Winston adventure...can anyone say gambling????????
The next Winston adventure will be winning the playoff and silencing all the critics for the defending national champs.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-it-s-in-jameis-winston-s-best-interest-to-avoid-fsu-s-conduct-code-hearing-194147634.html'>http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-it-s-in-jameis-winston-s-best-interest-to-avoid-fsu-s-conduct-code-hearing-194147634.html</a>

He keeps getting things delayed, and the FSU athletic department wouldn't have it any other way.
Its a title 9 investigation, which happens more often than you realize. Usually ends in an investigation and that's about it. Anyone hoping he gets suspended will be disappointed.

Quote:The next Winston adventure will be winning the playoff and silencing all the critics for the defending national champs.

I wouldn't hold your breath for the silencing part....

Quote:Its a title 9 investigation, which happens more often than you realize. Usually ends in an investigation and that's about it. Anyone hoping he gets suspended will be disappointed.

i believe i read in the FSU code of conduct that he violated the rules and can be suspended or kicked out of school. even if he didnt actually rape the girl, according to the code of conduct, on FSU's website....he violated the rules.

my guess........ they get it delayed until he is draft eligible and nothing ever comes of it.

gut feeling also says this isnt the last we hear of jameis and criminal or rule breaking activity.

i understand FSU fans love FSU and want to defend it. why go through so much trouble to defend jameis though? just admit the dude is likely a piece of crap and move on.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."