Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why Is Karlos Williams Domestic Violence Issue Just Now Getting Publicity ?

Quote:Its not about telling it like you see it when u state things about a school/player that is untrue. Trav you lose all credibility due to your affiliation with UF and those orange and blue glasses you wear. Your more guilty than others with how quick you want to voice your hate for a player who did nothing wrong. I get it, you can't stand FSU's recent success and the downward slope your UF program has taken, but get your facts straight before making assumptions and posting things as truth.

He is Josh, not Trav...but neither of them went to UF.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He is Josh, not Trav...but neither of them went to UF.

Yeah, I went to a BCS school last year.

Quote:Yeah, I went to a BCS school last year.

Hater! Tongue

Quote:Hater! Tongue

You didn't go to UCF or root for them...dont judge me.

Quote:You didn't go to UCF or root for them...dont judge me.

My niece and nephew go there...does that count? Big Grin

Quote:My niece and nephew go there...does that count? Big Grin

Lol...the whole college football landscape is just funny to me.  If you went to UF, you automatically have to hate FSU and vice versa.  If you arent a die hard fan of a school, your criticism automatically turns you into a hater.  

You cant have a criticism of a school unless you went there?

Quote:Lol...the whole college football landscape is just funny to me.  If you went to UF, you automatically have to hate FSU and vice versa.  If you arent a die hard fan of a school, your criticism automatically turns you into a hater.  

You cant have a criticism of a school unless you went there?

Apparently you're not even allowed to talk about them at all.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2014, 11:53 AM by Jags4life0428.)

Quote:He is Josh, not Trav...but neither of them went to UF.
Right I was just being lazy and included trav in my response sorry for confusion lol. It just gets tiring with ESPN constant witch hunt of anything FSU getting blown up ten fold. Its as much their fault as it is fans who take what they report as truth. I'm just the type of person who feels that before jumping on someone, you should get all the facts before forming an opinion. Treon Harris is an example of that. I waited to hear all the facts before casting judgment and the kid was totally innocent.

Quote:Its not about telling it like you see it when u state things about a school/player that is untrue. Trav you lose all credibility due to your affiliation with UF and those orange and blue glasses you wear. Your more guilty than others with how quick you want to voice your hate for a player who did nothing wrong. I get it, you can't stand FSU's recent success and the downward slope your UF program has taken, but get your facts straight before making assumptions and posting things as truth.
My only affiliation is being a fan since I was a kid. I haven't posted anything that is untrue either.

I also pointed out, which you ignored, the shoe was on another foot 4-5 years ago. You fail to realize, or choose to be ignorant to the fact that it goes both ways.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Why would FSU suspend him? The girl doesn't want to pursue anything, and looks as if she never did.

My above reply shows that I can see through nonsense. No way should FSU have jumped the gun and suspended Williams.

;

Quote:No. FSU doesn't suspend players unless they are facing charges. They don't throw their players under the bus before the facts come out.
Where's jag4life when you need him. The second sentence is obviously a shot at UF, come on Jag4life, he only says this out of his hatred! Where is the decency and common ground here!?!?!?!?!?!

;

Quote:My only affiliation is being a fan since I was a kid. I haven't posted anything that is untrue either.

I also pointed out, which you ignored, the shoe was on another foot 4-5 years ago. You fail to realize, or choose to be ignorant to the fact that it goes both ways.
I get that, but do 2 wrongs make a right? Sometimes people should just take the high road.

Quote:Right I was just being lazy and included trav in my response sorry for confusion lol. It just gets tiring with ESPN constant witch hunt of anything FSU getting blown up ten fold. Its as much their fault as it is fans who take what they report as truth. I'm just the type of person who feels that before jumping on someone, you should get all the facts before forming an opinion. Treon Harris is an example of that. I waited to hear all the facts before casting judgment and the kid was totally innocent.
Why is there a witch hunt? Gator stories similar to this were blown up on ESPN too. Treon Harris' situation was talked about everyday ad nauseam.

You speak of orange and blue glasses. Take your team colored goggles off from time to time as well.

;

Quote:I get that, but do 2 wrongs make a right? Sometimes people should just take the high road.
Two Wright's made an airplane.

I have posted nothing which isn't true. This is a message board to discuss all things sports, and then some. You don't have to like it, you don't have to even read it. You surely don't have to comment either.

;

Quote:Right I was just being lazy and included trav in my response sorry for confusion lol. It just gets tiring with ESPN constant witch hunt of anything FSU getting blown up ten fold. Its as much their fault as it is fans who take what they report as truth. I'm just the type of person who feels that before jumping on someone, you should get all the facts before forming an opinion. Treon Harris is an example of that. I waited to hear all the facts before casting judgment and the kid was totally innocent.

Discussing the story that's in the news is not passing judgment. No one in this thread has even said he did anything, so there has been no "jumping on" anyone. Heck...the most judgmental thing that's been said in here has been about the girl posting the stuff on FB.

Quote:Where's jag4life when you need him. The second sentence is obviously a shot at UF, come on Jag4life, he only says this out of his hatred! Where is the decency and common ground here!?!?!?!?!?!
I'm outraged by this bias lol. We should just let the play on the field be what we talk about not all this crazy off field stuff. I'd rather line my best 11 against your best 11 on both sides of the ball so there are no excuses. The best team wins. This season has been such a circus off the field.

Quote:I'm outraged by this bias lol. We should just let the play on the field be what we talk about not all this crazy off field stuff. I'd rather line my best 11 against your best 11 on both sides of the ball so there are no excuses. The best team wins. This season has been such a circus off the field.
Welcome to the wide world of sports. Off field stuff has always been and will always be discussed.

;

Quote:Why is there a witch hunt? Gator stories similar to this were blown up on ESPN too. Treon Harris' situation was talked about everyday ad nauseam.

You speak of orange and blue glasses. Take your team colored goggles off from time to time as well.
Yes its a witch hunt. There were 4 players from an SEC school who were involved in a BB gun incident that put the school into a lockdown, yet we heard nothing about it from ESPN. There was a kentucky player charged with first degree rape, yet not a peep about it. If an FSU player stepped on a butterfly it would be headlines wondering why the player wasn't suspended.

Quote:Yes its a witch hunt. There were 4 players from an SEC school who were involved in a BB gun incident that put the school into a lockdown, yet we heard nothing about it from ESPN. There was a kentucky player charged with first degree rape, yet not a peep about it. If an FSU player stepped on a butterfly it would be headlines wondering why the player wasn't suspended.
To the contrary, I saw that story on ESPN.

You don't think the story is more interesting when it is a Heisman winning quarterback from a national title team? Go to your local water cooler and see what guys would rather talk about. That, or 4 other guys that they haven't heard of. Really?

Treon Harris was accused of rape...3-4 days of talk. 2013 Vandy football players and the rape situation. ESPN was all over it.

Are you really this blind to what is being reported outside of FSU football? Or just that upset a negative thing could be talked about from Tallahassee?

;

Quote:Yes its a witch hunt. There were 4 players from an SEC school who were involved in a BB gun incident that put the school into a lockdown, yet we heard nothing about it from ESPN. There was a kentucky player charged with first degree rape, yet not a peep about it. If an FSU player stepped on a butterfly it would be headlines wondering why the player wasn't suspended.

Lol, welcome to being the #1 program in the country.  It happens to every school that reaches the top.  

I would say fans need to develop a thicker skin...especially if you plan to be on top for a while.

Fyi, after the yelling in the alumni building incident every FSU fan was tired of Jameis and many on this board said they wouldn't be mad if he left after this year.  Even FSU fans know he's a liability.  Then Karlos Williams is accused of domestic battery and a possible involvement in a drug deal gone bad.  Dangerous.

Jimbo needs to really step up and lay out some punishments either internally or externally....because you cant let what happened at UF with Meyer happen there.