Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Should the Jaguars start tanking?

Quite unnecessary; we're already on track to get the first round pick.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:How is garbage beautiful again?  Oh wait I get how that relates to what we watch on Sunday...
Now you see the garbage at the end of the tunnel.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Now you see the garbage at the end of the tunnel.
Or never watch movies. :whistling:

Quote:Quite unnecessary; we're already on track to get the first round pick.

Something we all can agree on.

We are on track for a first round pick.

No

I think the Jags are already tanking this season.

There's just no way they can continue to make the same mistakes game after game after game without it being tanking.

I mean how can a Jags WR just drop a ball that hits him right in the hands? And a RB drop one like that too?

How can a player just accidentally fumble a ball, after he catches the ball and gets into scoring field position, in a winnable game?

How can the defense just let guys run all over the field uncovered, every game, esp TEs ?

How can the defense continually stop them on 1st and 2nd down, but when it's 3rd and long, they all of a sudden can't stop them?

How can the defense miss so many tackles when they have been tackling for as long as they have been playing football?

How can the coaching staff throw the red flag on plays that anyone of us in here can see should absolutely, positively NOT be challenged?

There's just no way all these things can keep happening game after game after game without some sort of tanking going on.

Gus even tried to keep Henne as the starter for the entire year when everybody with eyes could see BB was a better option at QB.

We have to be tanking, there's just no way an NFL football team can be this inept game after game after game.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Stop with these threads.  It's time to win.  We have our QB, who do we tank for?  An O-line?  Get real. 

Exactly. There's nothing worth tanking for. I want to see Blake play and win. It's up to Dave to pull players in the draft regardless of our position to build around Bortles. If he fails, he's out.

Quote:I think the Jags are already tanking this season.

There's just no way they can continue to make the same mistakes game after game after game without it being tanking.

I mean how can a Jags WR just drop a ball that hits him right in the hands? And a RB drop one like that too?

How can a player just accidentally fumble a ball, after he catches the ball and gets into scoring field position, in a winnable game?

How can the defense just let guys run all over the field uncovered, every game, esp TEs ?

How can the defense continually stop them on 1st and 2nd down, but when it's 3rd and long, they all of a sudden can't stop them?

How can the defense miss so many tackles when they have been tackling for as long as they have been playing football?

How can the coaching staff throw the red flag on plays that anyone of us in here can see should absolutely, positively NOT be challenged?

There's just no way all these things can keep happening game after game after game without some sort of tanking going on.

Gus even tried to keep Henne as the starter for the entire year when everybody with eyes could see BB was a better option at QB.

We have to be tanking, there's just no way an NFL football team can be this inept game after game after game.
because Jaguars

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Exactly. There's nothing worth tanking for. I want to see Blake play and win. It's up to Dave to pull players in the draft regardless of our position to build around Bortles. If he fails, he's out.

If you could get a trade offer similar to what the Rams got for RG3 would that not be worth it?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

For bridgewater?

Quote:The season is all but over and we are currently tied with Oakland as the only 2 teams without any wins. Should we begin positioning for the best possible draft slotting?

*Disclaimer*

I, for one, don't believe in tanking but there are some on here who do. If you do believe in tanking at this point just make sure your aren't also criticizing the team after every loss. Don't be THAT guy.
I don't think we can draft Teddy. He is a Viking now. :whistling:

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Tank for Teddy!  What a smart crowd.

Quote:The season is all but over and we are currently tied with Oakland as the only 2 teams without any wins. Should we begin positioning for the best possible draft slotting?

*Disclaimer*

I, for one, don't believe in tanking but there are some on here who do. If you do believe in tanking at this point just make sure your aren't also criticizing the team after every loss. Don't be THAT guy.

The best thing that can happen to this team is getting the #1 pick, and then trading it away to a team desperate for a potential franchise QB, the Jaguars have so many holes, it's impossible to patch them all before the 2015 season without any additional picks. I'm against intentionally tanking, but a litany of draft picks is what this team needs, we need to get more athletic on defense, this is an excellent draft on the defensive side of the ball.

They don't have to try to tank.  That's how pathetic this franchise is.

Quote:If you could get a trade offer similar to what the Rams got for RG3 would that not be worth it?

In theory, yes.

But what has it done for the Rams?

Quote:They don't have to try to tank.  That's how pathetic this franchise is.

I don't think so either, we should get the first pick, this is an excellent year to get the first pick considering the QB's that will potentially declare.

Quote:In theory, yes.

That not the question he asked.

Quote:In theory, yes.

If the Jags can pick up and extra 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and a conditional pick in 2015 it's definitely worth it.

Quote:Secure the 1st pick and trade for a King's ransom...someone wants Mariotta!

Is it really worth being disrespected all over again?

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:Is it really worth being disrespected all over again?

What do you mean being disrespected?