Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The next Florida coach

Quote:What makes you think Gruden will want to go out and recruit? The guy has it made right now.

i dont know if he will or not. even though he has it made monetarily, some guys have the itch to coach, competitive spirit and all that.....

i think he is so high profile, the recruits would come to him, and florida is a top 3 coaching job in the country, he would also continue to make a ton of money.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The calls for Jon Gruden are the worst.  It makes 0 sense.  He has never been a HC in college.

The only college job I could see Gruden taking would be the Tennessee job, because I believe his wife is from there.

Quote:The only college job I could see Gruden taking would be the Tennessee job, because I believe his wife is from there.

the florida job is obviously a lot more appealing than tenneesee

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Gruden:  "Im not even thinking about coaching."

Quote:Gruden:  "Im not even thinking about coaching."

how many people have said that and then 4 months later are coaching? he is going to come back eventually, the florida job might be the number 1 job in college football. now maybe he isnt interested in college, but there is no reason not to try it.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2014, 03:46 PM by badger.)

Quote:how many people have said that and then 4 months later are coaching? he is going to come back eventually, the florida job might be the number 1 job in college football. now maybe he isnt interested in college, but there is no reason not to try it.

Gruden has been mentioned in almost every HC vacancy for the past ?? 10 years... he has never even listened to an offer

yes, there is a reason not try it:  HE HAS NEVER COACHED IN COLLEGE

Quote:Gruden has been mentioned in almost every HC vacancy for the past ?? 10 years... he has never even listened to an offer

yes, there is a reason not try it:  HE HAS NEVER COACHED IN COLLEGE

ok, agree to disagree.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2014, 03:58 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:The only college job I could see Gruden taking would be the Tennessee job, because I believe his wife is from there.
Coaches wives know the drill. Much like the military, they will go when duty calls.

edit: I also wouldn't want Gruden either.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:how many people have said that and then 4 months later are coaching? he is going to come back eventually, the florida job might be the number 1 job in college football. now maybe he isnt interested in college, but there is no reason not to try it.

I think you're getting your hopes up on Gruden. Like badger said, and I hate having to agree with him, he's never coached college. It's a different ball game compared to the NFL. You are constantly recruiting, something he's never had to do. You're having to deal with immature 18-22 year olds compared to mature men. I don't think he'd want to deal with that either. Plus all the booster functions and all that other crap as well.

He has it made right now, and I think he's very comfortable with it and thoroughly enjoying it. It's a stress-free job.

Quote:I think you're getting your hopes up on Gruden. Like badger said, and I hate having to agree with him, he's never coached college. It's a different ball game compared to the NFL. You are constantly recruiting, something he's never had to do. You're having to deal with immature 18-22 year olds compared to mature men. I don't think he'd want to deal with that either. Plus all the booster functions and all that other crap as well.

He has it made right now, and I think he's very comfortable with it and thoroughly enjoying it. It's a stress-free job.

I'm not getting my hopes up. I just hope that whether its in the public view or behind closed doors that they at least asked.

Quote:I really don't have any suggestions who should be the coach, although I really don't think Mullen is the answer. He's a good offensive minded coach, but it took him 6 years to make Miss St look like a contender, and that's with a QB that has Tebow like number in his what I think senior year only? 
Dude its Miss st, they dont get the kinda talent, Florida, FSU, USC, Alabama, Texas, OKa type schools get the fact that he got them to this point is impressive in its on right. 

Dan Mullen should be 1A and Bob Stoops should be 1B, get one of those guys Foley 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:A school like Florida needs to hire a proven coach, not some up and coming coordinator.
This

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Dude its Miss st, they dont get the kinda talent, Florida, FSU, USC, Alabama, Texas, OKa type schools get the fact that he got them to this point is impressive in its on right.

Dan Mullen should be 1A and Bob Stoops should be 1B, get one of those guys Foley

Hasn't Stoops declined the UF job before? Besides, he has way too much invested in Oklahoma.

Quote:Hasn't Stoops declined the UF job before? Besides, he has way too much invested in Oklahoma.

Ya that's not happening.  Leaving OU for UF isn't really a step up.

Quote:The defense is good, but is that defense any better then Arkansas, K-State, or La. tech who gave up just about the same point totals to Auburn? Prescott is easily in the top 5 for Heisman now, may win it. He has a laser arm, and runs like a deer. He helps the defense be as good as they are.

The defense is really, really good.

Quote:The defense is really, really good.
I agree, and have said as much. I couldn't understand though the remarks regarding Prescott. He's a stud.

;

Quote:The defense is really, really good.

very very good. as well as some other really good players on the offense, the freshman WR D'runnya is a freakshow. i really hate comparisons but just for the sake of what people are saying: a mix of megatron and alshon.

Quote:Ya that's not happening.  Leaving OU for UF isn't really a step up.
Sure it is. You'd be hard pressed to find those who think otherwise, for many reasons.

;

Quote:I agree, and have said as much. I couldn't understand though the remarks regarding Prescott. He's a stud.

the remarks where i said that prescott didnt make mullen successful? and that recruiting and having an entire great defense is a very impressive feat?

you said that mullen is where he is because of prescott... totally untrue. 

Quote:Ya that's not happening.  Leaving OU for UF isn't really a step up.

its a significant step up.