Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
"The Plan": Coaching vs Management

Henne keeps taking these shots and he isn't gonna be healthy enough to play.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:They named Henne the starter 10 minutes after Bortles was drafted. Even if he was the fastest learner on Earth, he never had a shot at starting. Something stinks in Jacksonville and it isn't the Maxwell plant.

They said any of the rookie QBs would be brought along at their own pace no matter who it was even before the draft. That was their plan then, and to their credit, they've stuck to their position that he will start when he's ready. That could be next week or next year. It's not hurting anything this year to bring him along slowly. There are no expectations besides improvement this year.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:They said any of the rookie QBs would be brought along at their own pace no matter who it was even before the draft. That was their plan then, and to their credit, they've stuck to their position that he will start when he's ready. That could be next week or next year. It's not hurting anything this year to bring him along slowly. There are no expectations besides improvement this year.
and we are seeing improvements so i'm betting they stick with the plan.

Quote:That's not really point. The coaches certainly have more insight than fans, do they not?
Insight is one thing, decision making is another.  Talent and ability in one does not automatically extend to the other.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:But wait!  How can that be?  Gus said we would have competition at every position.

Here we go again with this garbage argument.

Bortles is the long term solution at QB. He's not competing with Henne. He's competing with himself. Henne is nothing but a placeholder until that becomes the case. There is no competition there.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:and we are seeing improvements so i'm betting they stick with the plan.

I just feel like they should maximize the improvement this season to be more prepared for 2015 and Bortles playing would be an asset in maximizing his improvement.  I, also, feel like Henne isn't going to win enough games to get the Jags into the post-season, so I just can't see any reason to keep him out there.

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

Quote:I just feel like they should maximize the improvement this season to be more prepared for 2015 and Bortles playing would be an asset in maximizing his improvement. I, also, feel like Henne isn't going to win enough games to get the Jags into the post-season, so I just can't see any reason to keep him out there.
i dont think their plan is post season this year..its improvement.playoffs would be gravy.

A better question is how long will "the plan" sit with the players? They want to win now. They aren't blind, they can see and know Henne is limited.

This isn't a case of "help isn't on the way" it's "help is on the bench".

No one is safe.

Quote:Insight is one thing, decision making is another.  Talent and ability in one does not automatically extend to the other.

You either trust the plan or you second guess it. That's your choice, because in the end, they're either going to be right, or they'll be unemployed. Nothing we do as fans is going to change their plan.

I think Caldwell is forcing the issue, and wont let Gus play Bortles, Gus Bradley was in Seattle with Wilson and saw him win the job flat out when they had a vet QB signed to start

Blake won the job, but behind the scene I think Dave told Chad to get him to resign he will be the starter regardless of who they draft and he doesnt want to go back on that word.

It was flat out stupid to say that public or private, they should have said it will be a competition like every other position, now we are stuck sitting a waiting for no reason

Blake won the job flat out, he was just good, he was great in the preseason, and Henne was well Henne which is avg at best and we are stuck with it for now

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:i dont think their plan is post season this year..its improvement.playoffs would be gravy.

That's kind of what i'm saying, if the post season isn't in the plan, then why waste the valuable play time and game experience on Henne.

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

Quote:A better question is how long will "the plan" sit with the players? They want to win now. They aren't blind, they can see and know Henne is limited.

This isn't a case of "help isn't on the way" it's "help is on the bench".

I don't get the sense they're losing the team. In fact, aside from the coaches, I would imagine the players know pretty we'll where Blake is at in his progression.

We can argue until we are blue in the face, but the fact is, this organization is giving its loyal season ticket holders and fans a year long pre-season and they couldn't care less what we think.

When it starts to get ugly, look for my tickets on StubHub because Sundays are better fit for golf than watching a team that doesn't care about winning.

Quote:Wouldnt you just love to hear Pete Caroll's take on it?
Gus Bradley is not Pete Caroll....clearly.

Quote:They said any of the rookie QBs would be brought along at their own pace no matter who it was even before the draft. 
Front office bull.  That statement contradicts their position with naming Henne the starter immediately.  They had no idea at that time what Bortles' "pace" would be, or how long it would take to make him "ready".  

Quote:We can argue until we are blue in the face, but the fact is, this organization is giving its loyal season ticket holders and fans a year long pre-season and they couldn't care less what we think.

When it starts to get ugly, look for my tickets on StubHub because Sundays are better fit for golf than watching a team that doesn't care about winning.

If the team starts 0-4 and Henne still starts, we can expect 30k Steeler fans.

Quote:I don't get the sense they're losing the team. In fact, aside from the coaches, I would imagine the players know pretty we'll where Blake is at in his progression.
Nor do I. But players will talk amongst themselves. And word may get around. I'm sure the team will still play hard for Gus no matter what.

No one is safe.

Quote:We can argue until we are blue in the face, but the fact is, this organization is giving its loyal season ticket holders and fans a year long pre-season and they couldn't care less what we think.

if GMs listened to fans they wouldn't be in the league very long.

Quote:I don't get the sense they're losing the team. In fact, aside from the coaches, I would imagine the players know pretty we'll where Blake is at in his progression.

Which is why cecil said they trust both equally, and think both give them a chance to win.

Quote:Here we go again with this garbage argument.

Bortles is the long term solution at QB. He's not competing with Henne. He's competing with himself. Henne is nothing but a placeholder until that becomes the case. There is no competition there.
Sorry, I must have missed the press conference when he clarified that statement to "competition at every position except quarterback".