Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AR 15

Quote:I'm not a fan, but Shorts' would also qualify.

Jimmy & Keenan were also the reason so few other WR were needed here over the first 7-10 years.

I disagree, Coughlin badly wanted a 3rd receiver and tried with Whitted, Willie, Barlow, and Soward... All 80s.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yeah, but I don't think it's because they were doomed by choosing their numbers. We just haven't had much success finding wideouts. That's okay though, we've got some pretty good ones on the team now.

With that list of disappointments and zero successes, I wouldn't be lining up to choose a number in the teens if I was a Jaguars WR. 

Even if it is nothing, why tempt fate? Why tug on superman's cape? 

Quote:With that list of disappointments and zero successes, I wouldn't be lining up to choose a number in the teens if I was a Jaguars WR. 

stop posting

Quote:Correct. It was a recent rule that allowed WRs to pick in the teens without the 80s being completed picked.

The 80's #s were being devoured by WR and TE so the NFL had no choice but allow the teen #s...

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2014, 05:15 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I disagree, Coughlin badly wanted a 3rd receiver and tried with Whitted, Willie, Barlow, and Soward... All 80s.

I was talking about starters in 2 WR sets. 

Barlow also was a heckuva returner. One of the best in the league for quite a number of years.. His ceiling was limited as a WR. I'd define his tenure as a Jaguar as a success, not a failure. 

And the argument isn't that "all WR that choose numbers in the 80's have been a success" anyway. 

But we do know that NONE of the WR that have chose numbers in the teens for this team have been a success so far. 

Quote:I was talking about starters in 2 WR sets.

Barlow also was a heckuva returner. One of the best in the league for quite a number of years.. His ceiling was limited as a WR. I'd define his tenure as a Jaguar as a success, not a failure.

And the argument isn't that "all WR that choose numbers in the 80's have been a success" anyway.

But we do know that NONE of the WR that have chose numbers in the teens for this team have been a success so far.

I would say Ernest Wilford and Mike Brown were successes relative to where they were picked.

If Barlow is a success than surely these two are.

Quote:With that list of disappointments and zero successes, I wouldn't be lining up to choose a number in the teens if I was a Jaguars WR.

You need help

AR15 is such a cool handle for him,can't wait to see him in action this season

Quote:I was talking about starters in 2 WR sets.

Because they either didn't have the talent or got suspended, you idiot! Not because the number they picked made them not talented or made them get suspended.

The number does not matter. Period. End of discussion.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

DR15 is my choice of names...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:I would say Ernest Wilford and Mike Brown were successes relative to where they were picked.

If Barlow is a success than surely these two are.

Mike Brown if he has another season as productive as last, yes. (given the expectations when he was acquired) 

Wilford? meh. I expected more than his Jags career totals for a 4th rounder. Even Shorts is destroying him and he was a 4th rounder. 

Quote:Mike Brown if he has another season as productive as last, yes.

If? According to you, that won't happen since he wears a number that is doomed for failure.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Because they either didn't have the talent or got suspended, you idiot! Not because the number they picked made them not talented or made them get suspended.

The number does not matter. Period. End of discussion.

I never said anything of the number making any of the receivers "not talented". Blackmon, Reggie William, Jones and Mike Walker all had "talent" or else they wouldn't have been drafted high. 

Theres bad mojo with this team and WR's who choose numbers in the teens. Bad stuff seems to ultimately happen to those. 

I'll cite it until theres actually a WR that disproves it. 

You are free to ignore the list of players that support the theory though. Lots of sand. 

Quote:If? According to you, that won't happen since he wears a number that is doomed for failure.

I've shown many examples supporting this, yes. 

And also shown that ZERO have broken the trend. 

Quote:I never said anything of the number making any of the receivers "not talented". Blackmon, Reggie William, Jones and Mike Walker all had "talent" or else they wouldn't have been drafted high.

Theres bad mojo with this team and WR's who choose numbers in the teens. Bad stuff seems to ultimately happen to those.

You are free to ignore the list of players that support the theory though. Lots of sand.

We have yet to win a playoff game with a QB with a number less than 8. Damnit Bortles.

Quote:I never said anything of the number making any of the receivers "not talented". Blackmon, Reggie William, Jones and Mike Walker all had "talent" or else they wouldn't have been drafted high. 

[Image: etuBNEq.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2014, 05:34 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:We have yet to win a playoff game with a QB with a number less than 8. Damnit Bortles.

Theres also a very low sample size with that. Theres only been 3 different opportunities. (Brunell/ Garrard/ Leftwich)

Theres like 10+ instances of failure/ disappointment of Jags WR who chose teen numbers. Conversely, theres not one single long success of a Jags WR wearing a number in the teens. Much more of a trend. 

Quote:Theres also a very low sample size with that. Theres only been 3 different opportunities. (Brunell/ Garrard/ Leftwich)

Theres like 10+ instances of failure/ disappointment of Jags WR who chose teen numbers. Conversely, theres not one single long success of a Jags WR wearing a number in the teens. Much more of a trend.

I'll cite it until theres actually a QB that disproves it.

Quote:I'll cite it until theres actually a QB that disproves it.

10+ instances with my trend to 3 for yours. 

Quote:10+ instances with my trend to 3 for yours.

We have had more than 3 QBs not win the Super Bowl, silly.