Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If the Jaguars won the Superbowl would you still be a fan?

I will not be a fan of the Jaguars if they win the SB.  I will not be a fan if we win the AFC South.  Heck, I won't be a fan anymore if we go at or above .500.  If the Jags do any better than 4-12, I will give up my season tickets.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'll be a fan, but I have to admit, I don't really understand talking trash. Just seems dumb to me. And if this team wins a title, that's gonna happen a lot.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

What a dumb post

First of all its when, not if the Jaguars win the Super Bowl.  Secondly its Duval till I die.

Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

I actually understand the reasoning why the OP asked the question.

The best example I can use is the Miami Heat fans, they actually have a very knowledgeable fan base, but they are completely dwarfed by the bandwagoners. Since Lebron, Bosh and Wade teamed up and won championships, the identity of their fanbase changed overnight.

I would imagine the same thing would happen with the Jags, espically since they have a short history, and a good chunk of the fanbase is in their 20's-late 30's, and still growing.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

This post is a joke right?
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

I'd give up the Jags and become a Browns fan if we ever won the super bowl.

I actually had that thought come up how our fan base would change whenever we win a Super Bowl. I would hate the fact that our fan base would be swarmed with bandwagoners who never really been with the team thru thick and thin. I wish it could only be us loyal fans who grew up with team but to answer your question I'll still be a jag fan to the day I die.
(MJDFAN10)
;

Quote:I actually had that thought come up how our fan base would change whenever we win a Super Bowl. I would hate the fact that our fan base would be swarmed with bandwagoners who never really been with the team thru thick and thin. I wish it could only be us loyal fans who grew up with team but to answer your question I'll still be a jag fan to the day I die.

Trouble is, if it's just us loyal fans, the team has no future in Jacksonville. We desperately need those bandwagon fans to have long term viability here.

Quote:Trouble is, if it's just us loyal fans, the team has no future in Jacksonville. We desperately need those bandwagon fans to have long term viability here.

Every team has to rely upon the bandwagon fans to help sustain them through the good times, and as the success starts to add up, a portion of those bandwagon folks will become die hards who stick around through the lean years.  There's always going to be a culling of those fans who are only on board when teams are winning.  We saw it here.  After the newness of the team wore off, and the franchise hit a wall after the '99 season, the bandwagon completely fell apart.  But, the core remained, and it has grown over the years despite the struggles we've endured as fans. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Nah as a Brit with no knowledge of the city or culture I'd just jump ship to follow the next worst team in the NFL and support there rise to glory.Yea right,is that the answer u we're looking fir?Tool!!!

Quote:What a dumb post

Quote:This post is a joke right?

Why don't you 2 actually read the post instead of just going by the headline..

I'd bet that most of the insults in this thread aimed at the OP are people that didn't bother to actually read the post and are basing everything on the headline. (which I agree - the headline is bad)

/checks the MB for the first time since the draft

/quicky exits

Stop making threads.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Has the OP posted in this thread since starting it? Or sitting back and saying look at my work?

Uhh duh

Quote:Stop making threads.

This is rich, coming from you. 

Reading through your thread, I really think you could've phrased that title better. Of course we would all still be fans. I think you're overly concerned about bandwagon fans in general, which is understandable. 

If your team wins, people WILL jump on. There are a lot of people around who are just fickle like that. And then they'll leave after a down year, then they'll be back once you start doing well again.

I know it's probably embarrassing to be affiliated with people like that, but in the end, you stayed true to your team all the way through it. Can't ask for anything better than that. Who cares about impressions anyway? We've been walked all over for years. The insults that our fan base would get after a Super Bowl win, if you ask me, would be preferable to the ones we get now. 

Quote: Who cares about impressions anyway? We've been walked all over for years. The insults that our fan base would get after a Super Bowl win, if you ask me, would be preferable to the ones we get now. 

Oh, just shut up, Cletus. No one cares what you think, anyway.

Quote:Oh, just shut up, Cletus. No one cares what you think, anyway.

If I had a nickel...