Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags state of the franchise broadcast on Jaguars this afternoon

Quote:Pretty obvious the main thing missing when Weaver was the owner was a Lamping like executive.

That and a real long-term vision by the owner. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Fulham is playing a friendly the same day as the Carrie Underwood concert.

Quote:It does suck, but if it assures the team stays put, so be it. 

Exactly. Alot of people have a hard time understanding. But playing a game in London increases revenue. That actually makes the team less likely to move.

Season ticket renewals are up by 10% over last year.

New ticket sales are nearly 50% ahead of last year. 

Still not where they've set their goals, but getting there.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

They want to make the stadium more comfortable for fans especially early in the season. 

The plans of putting some sort of canopied structure over the stadium is still on their radar.

Shipyard development is part of their plan.  I've talked to someone in the know about these plans, and they've already got several partners interested in bringing their businesses there.  Shad is probably going to be the developer.  The construction could include retail, hotels, tourism, and also a possible indoor/outdoor practice facility.

On club seat sales, the city of Jacksonville fought hard to get the franchise by selling all 11,000 club seats.  The Jags have a huge amount of club seats compared to other markets, more than most.  It's critically important to the financial underpinning of the franchise to sell clubs.  So, they're going to enhance the club experience.  They feel they have too many seats, so they're looking at pushing the capacity down, while enhancing the experience.

The renderings are pretty cool.  They want to take the walls out and put in glass so you can see the field.  It also adds to the ability to use these club areas for other events.

Quote:Exactly. Alot of people have a hard time understanding. But playing a game in London increases revenue. That actually makes the team less likely to move.

As much as I dislike it, it really takes some pressure off the local market. 

Quote:On club seat sales, the city of Jacksonville fought hard to get the franchise by selling all 11,000 club seats.  The Jags have a huge amount of club seats compared to other markets, more than most.  It's critically important to the financial underpinning of the franchise to sell clubs.  So, they're going to enhance the club experience.  They feel they have too many seats, so they're looking at pushing the capacity down, while enhancing the experience.

The renderings are pretty cool.  They want to take the walls out and put in glass so you can see the field.  It also adds to the ability to use these club areas for other events.

Alot of great ideas but they don't sound cheap.

It's amazing what putting competent people with vision in the right positions can do to turn things around.

Quote:Alot of great ideas but they don't sound cheap.

But, if it helps to increase revenues via the premium seats, the average Joe can still afford to attend games and own season tickets.  That's what I want to hear. 

Quote:But, if it helps to increase revenues via the premium seats, the average Joe can still afford to attend games and own season tickets.  That's what I want to hear. 

I like that we have people in charge that are forward thinking.

I've said this before. Khan/Lamping don't think outside the box.

There is no box.

Khan is on the stream now.

He's talking about the football moves, and he said he's very happy with the entire draft.  He said he thinks they had a great draft, and he can't wait for the season to begin. 

Shad went to South Dakota to see the new video boards in action, and he said that it was huge. 

"Size matters!"

He said the software that is being developed to enhance the fan experience is off the charts cool. 

Everything is on schedule as far as the boards and renovations are concerned.  The guys controlling the board will be in suites so they can see the boards and get the vibe of the stadium.  They used to be in the bowels of the stadium. 

Khan is working hard to get some momentum in getting the shipyards developed.  It's closer now than it's ever been.  He has a big picture view that includes extending the Jaguars into the shipyards.

Just win and it will all fall into place.  :woot:

I want a canopy over the jungle. :thumbsup:

Soccer "Friendly"...more like Floppy... not interested at all.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

We will have one of the coolest stadiums in the NFL.  All respect to Weaver but this never would have happened without Shad.

<B><FONT face="Century Gothic" color=#008080></FONT></B>
;
<b><FONT face="Century Gothic" color=#008080 size=4>Jacksonville Jaguars Football</FONT></b> 
;

weird they're raising prices when last year I could find $5 tix at teal street parties

@OnGuardJax

Khan really wants to win, but not only that, he wants the experience to be "fabulous" for the fans!

Lamping is getting ready to come on the stream.

This state of the Jaguars address has me really fired up.  Good thing there's rookie camp this week!

They're really trying to talk down the shipyards project right now, but from what I understand, that project is going to happen.  That would be a huge boon for the city, and the Jaguars want to be the centerpiece of the project with the reference to indoor/outdoor practice facilities.

Quote:We will have one of the coolest stadiums in the NFL.  All respect to Weaver but this never would have happened without Shad.

It was the right time for an ownership change and the absolute right person to sell the team to.  Thanks to both of them for their contributions to this team and this market.