Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If Blackmon comes back, do we have the best receiver core in the league?

I like the picks but the reality is Lee and Robinson haven't even played a down in the NFL yet. Absolutely absurd to call that group the best in the league.

You sippin'?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I like the picks but the reality is Lee and Robinson haven't even played a down in the NFL yet. Absolutely absurd to call that group the best in the league.

We shall see. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Justin Blackmon will never play for the Jaguars again. Signed, Sealed, and Delivered by Dave Caldwell's 2nd and 3rd picks. WR and WR

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Justin Blackmon will never play for the Jaguars again. Signed, Sealed, and Delivered by Dave Caldwell's 2nd and 3rd picks. WR and WR

We'll see.  I don't think anything has changed about the position of the team.  They've drafted as if he's not there, and if he does come back, they'll treat it as a luxury. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:I like the picks but the reality is Lee and Robinson haven't even played a down in the NFL yet. Absolutely absurd to call that group the best in the league.

Probably, but its just draft excitement. 

Let people have their fun. How long has it been since the Jags aced a draft, even on paper??

Blackmon isn't coming back. At least that's the way you have to think at the moment. He's caused too many problems, and unless the NFL comes with unlikely mercy, he wouldn't see the field this year anyways. We need to focus on Marquis Lee and Allen Robinson, looking forward. Shorts and Sanders are solid, but talent wise, they are going to be outshined by Lee and Robinson. My latest post goes into Lee and Robinson even more.

http://developmentaljaguars.blogspot.com/

Fans of bad teams die hard.

http://developmentaljaguars.blogspot.com/

Even if he did come back he would be only one hiccup from a life ban.

Quote:Even if he did come back he would be only one hiccup from a life ban.

There's really no such thing as a lifetime ban in the league unless he simply can't give up the drink.  Then it'll take care of itself.  If he gets clean, he'll get a shot at redemption.

Quote:There's really no such thing as a lifetime ban in the league unless he simply can't give up the drink.  Then it'll take care of itself.  If he gets clean, he'll get a shot at redemption.

Yep. Not sure if its the same thing, but Tanard Jackson just came back after a 2 year ban. 

You've got players who have killed someone who returned.  If Blackmon can kick the bottle he'll be back.  It's a big if, but he will be the determining factor in whether or not there is a lifetime ban for him or not.

Quote:You've got players who have killed someone who returned.  If Blackmon can kick the bottle he'll be back.  It's a big if, but he will be the determining factor in whether or not there is a lifetime ban for him or not.

Care to name one? I assume you're referring to Ray, but he was never even charged with murder, just accessory which was a bogus charge anyway which is why it got dropped.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2014, 05:17 PM by Voltage-.)

Quote:Justin Blackmon will never play for the Jaguars again. Signed, Sealed, and Delivered by Dave Caldwell's 2nd and 3rd picks. WR and WR

I don't think so. Caldwell said he couldn't count on Blackmon and drafted accordingly. Even when Blackmon comes back, you can't let other receivers walk because he's one mistake away from another very lengthy suspension. We'll always need extra receivers with Blackmon around. 

Quote:Care to name one? I assume you're referring to Ray, but he was never even charged with murder, just accessory which was a bogus charge anyway which is why it got dropped.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dont%C3%A9_...er_charges

Quote: 

I don't think so. Caldwell said he couldn't count on Blackmon and drafted accordingly. Even when Blackmon comes back, you can't let other receivers walk because he's one mistake away from another very lengthy suspension. We'll always need extra receivers with Blackmon around. 

<div> 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dont%C3%A9_...er_charges

</div>

DUI Manslaughter is not murder.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:DUI Manslaughter is not murder.

And the original comment made no mention of murder.

Quote:You've got players who have killed someone who returned.  If Blackmon can kick the bottle he'll be back.  It's a big if, but he will be the determining factor in whether or not there is a lifetime ban for him or not.

Quote:DUI Manslaughter is not murder.

Who said it was?

Quote:And the original comment made no mention of murder.

Quote:Who said it was?

I misread it. My bad.

Quote:I misread it. My bad.

That's fine. 

The point remains, there's really not a lifetime ban in the NFL.  If the player can get back on track, there's a spot for him in the league.  If Michael Vick can be allowed back into the league after serving his time for animal cruelty charges, it's a safe bet Blackmon can get back on a roster if he finds a way to quit drinking.

Quote:That's fine. 

The point remains, there's really not a lifetime ban in the NFL.  If the player can get back on track, there's a spot for him in the league.  If Michael Vick can be allowed back into the league after serving his time for animal cruelty charges, it's a safe bet Blackmon can get back on a roster if he finds a way to quit drinking.

Absolutely. Nobody should doubt that, my best guess is that Justin finds his way back at some point during this NFL season.

Quote:Absolutely. Nobody should doubt that, my best guess is that Justin finds his way back at some point during this NFL season.

Best he do that here.  I know Gus has a lot personally invested in him according to reports, and he's really disappointed in the current path.  If anyone can bring this kid back from the brink, I think Gus can with a little more hands-on.

The way the league handles these suspension is counter productive if the intention is to help the player.  They should have more contact with the team in order to get the help and the support structure.  Leaving them to their own devices never seems to pan out well.

Quote:Absolutely. Nobody should doubt that, my best guess is that Justin finds his way back at some point during this NFL season.

I think if he gets reinstated, they will release him.   Gus is trying to build team chemistry, and have guys who can trust each other and that he can trust, and I think he feels very let down by Blackmon.