Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Aaron Colvin

Quote:I'm not saying the players won't be trying to win games this year....

but look at the draft...

Bortles...

Lee....

Colvin....

Theres a chance that Bortles won't be ready to make much of an impact until 2015. 

Lee might not be "truly" 100% (2012 form) until 2015. 

Colvin obviously is a question mark to be 100% until 2015...

I think we will be improved in 2014, but I see them making a serious statement in 2015 as far as wins go. 
It's all about the sustained success they want. They've said many times they're building for the next 10-12 years not just for the next year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Colvin isn't a jar on the shelf.  He won't be sitting there waiting for an opportunity.  He's ready.  He just needs to heal.
With "jar on the shelf" I meant someone they were going to have to sit and wait for...someone who can't participate straight away. Perhaps I used the term incorrectly..

[Image: gif_im_color_dither_200_gif_300x100_76f40b.gif]

you have to be realistic

a team can't go from loosing by 20 odd points to both denver and seattle to superbowl contenders in one offseason especially considering we didn't splash the cash in free agency

so picking for the future as we did with bortles and colvin is ok with me especially as we have options at the those positions.

henne however rubbish can take the lead under centre and alan ball. will blackmon are ok at cornor

Added from the sound of it colvin may be around for training camp, no rush to him so he may not see any reps

if he truly is a second round grader then this is a great pick especially as I feel like we have a number two cornor in the gratz and need that shutdown number 1 guy

is colvin can be that or even be the nickel with mccray developing into our lengthy outside guy well I feel good for the future

i didn't know much about him til today and the limited amount I've seen now looks very good

what i can see is the core of our roster forming

and i'm very excited by it

i

Quote:Some of yall would love Gus even if he picked up Forest Gump. You sound like a groupie.. He made some nice picks so far but dont praise him with every guy he selects wait till they get on the field.
Still butthurt over teddy?

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Teams don't go "ok guys we're going to push for the playoffs next year, dont worry about the now"
They're not saying they don't worry about the now, but they obviously are playing the long game, and have said so multiple times.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Colvin get reps at FS or Nickel before 2014 is over.  That said, I don't have an issue with a long-term plan for success.  It's a more sustainable model. 

As wisely mentioned earlier by another poster  - you can't go from multiple blowout losses to "playoff contender" in one offseason.  You just can't.  The examples of teams going from bad records to contenders in one offseason don't include the level of depleted talent we have dealt with for the past few years.  Khan and Brad-well are being patient while adding lots of young talent. I'm OK with it. 

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2014, 02:13 PM by ukjag34.)

Quote:Some of yall would love Gus even if he picked up Forest Gump. You sound like a groupie.. He made some nice picks so far but dont praise him with every guy he selects wait till they get on the field.
to be fair if your looking for it factor forest gump probably outstrips manziel in that regard

guy made things happen i'd think about him in the 5th

This years draft has so much potential than past years have ever had.

Just the sheer number and quality of the class is impressive.

So what if  everyone isn't a home run, I'd be happy if 4 or 5 worked out.

We didn't even hardly have that many picks in past years.

We did doofus stuff with them.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Have to watch some tape 'YouTube' of these guys

Quote:FWIW, Casserly just said Colvin was the best pick in the 4th round.

Laughing stock I say!

Go kick rocks with your shoes off.

[Image: giphy.gif]

What's making me laugh is looking at Cnnsi's rankings at some picks getting 1.00 grades and ours are solid 5.00-7.00 even in later rounds. Caldwell is very calculating. I like it.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Conservative estimates say September.....but Dave said he should start practicing by week 6. He expects Colvin to contribute this year. If he has problems, he will be put on IR.

Quote:What's making me laugh is looking at Cnnsi's rankings at some picks getting 1.00 grades and ours are solid 5.00-7.00 even in later rounds. Caldwell is very calculating. I like it.

I agree. 

This draft reminds me of some of the stellar ones executed by Jimmy Johnson and Buddy Ryan in the late 80's / early 90's. 

If we get 4 starters out of this draft its a plus. & if the others make the roster Its a win win situation. Its an upgrade overall with starters and to the depth chart. This draft may go down in History as the best Jags Draft ever if that happens. Especially if Bortles becomes our Franchise QB we need him to be.

#InDaveITrust!!! 

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2014, 04:02 PM by knarnn.)

This pick may have been the steal of our draft. I see some Richard Sherman comps.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

For those confused on the different size measurements he lost weight after he tore his ACL and weighed 177 at the combine.

His height is 5113 and his natural playing weight is 192lbs.

Quote:to be fair if your looking for it factor forest gump probably outstrips manziel in that regard

guy made things happen i'd think about him in the 5th

Doesn't Gump hold all the Crimson Tide records for KO returns?  He's worth a late round pick for sure.

Quote:I agree. 

This draft reminds me of some of the stellar ones executed by Jimmy Johnson and Buddy Ryan in the late 80's / early 90's.

The Colvin pick reminds me of a 49ers draft pick. They have a long history of spending mid round picks on injured but talented players and having it pay off.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Still butthurt over teddy?
Butthurt naww i dont mind the Bortle pick..