Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NHL Playoffs

Quote:Maybe, not this year though....

Might be a year or two. Hockeytown will thrive again, though. The Red Wings are one of most succesful NHL teams of all time, they won't be down for long.

Also, LOL at the poster (is anybody surprised who it is?) saying the team Forbes lists as the best fan base in hockey as having a terrible fan base. LOL.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Also, LOL at the poster (is anybody surprised who it is?) saying the team Forbes lists as the best fan base in hockey as having a terrible fan base. LOL.
None whatsoever.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

2010:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...fans-list/

"To produce a list of the best fans in U.S. sports, we looked at every team in the “Big Four” U.S. professional sports leagues: football (NFL), basketball (NBA), baseball (MLB), and hockey (NHL).

For each team, we gathered three different metrics. First, we measured their home and away game attendance, which indicates a team’s drawing power in its home market and nationwide. Then we counted their merchandise sales (Numbers for the NFL, NBA and MLB were provided to us by Sportsonesource, a sporting good industry analyst, and the NHL gave us their own data). Finally, we ranked each team’s in-market popularity, based on surveys of American sports teams by Turnkey Sports and Entertainment. We ranked all of the teams, then took the top four from each of the four leagues."

Detroit Red Wings: 3rd overall

Pittsburgh Penguins: 6th overall

Montrael Canadians: 11th overall

Chicago Blackhawks: 16th overall

Flyers......?!?

2012:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/christinaset...orst-fans/

"With all this in mind we set out to find out the most diehard among them – the ones who will still spend money after a second lockout in 8 years, based on how much money and time they spent since the last one. First, using data from Team Marketing Report, we calculated which fans have willingly shelled out the most in terms of price increases for tickets since the last lockout. We then did the same for concessions, memorabilia and parking over the same time period. Next with team and league data, we looked at home attendance rates since the last lockout, and counted which teams have had the most popular merchandise for the past two years. With the help of Nielsen we then ranked teams by their local market television ratings. Finally, we measured fans social media engagement on Facebook and Twitter. Our final ranking was based on a compilation of those metrics. Since last year was the first after their relocation from Atlanta, The Winnipeg Jets fans were excluded from the final ranking due to a lack of comparable data."

1. Pitsburgh Penguins

2. Montrael Canadians

3. Toronto Maple Leafs

4. Chicago Blackhawks

5. Edmonton Oilers

Flyers?!??

Good stuff HailtoyourVictor
;

Quote:Good stuff HailtoyourVictor

Thanks. I got a kick out of the fact that Forbes using social media (Facebook and Twitter) as part of their study, but TMD says it's balogna.

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2014, 02:50 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Thanks. I got a kick out of the fact that Forbes using social media (Facebook and Twitter) as part of their study, but TMD says it's balogna.

I go by what I see. You can't watch a Flyers road game without seeing a ton of orange in the seats. 

Pittsburgh has a lot of ghost fans that are Cindy Crosby bandwagon jumpers. Kinda like the Arkansas contingent that became Jags fans after the drafting of Matt Jones.....where are they now??.....gone, thats where....and thats how it will be when Cindy retires or gets traded. The Flyers fan base is enormous and it transcends superstar eras....Bobby Clarke to Lindros - to now Giroux....in winning periods and losing periods.

Flyer fans, Red Wings fans, Blackhawks fans, and Canadiens fans are like "old money", Pittsburgh fans, NJ Devils fans, et al.....are like "new money". 

Quote:I go by what I see. You can't watch a Flyers road game without seeing a ton of orange in the seats. 

Pittsburgh has a lot of ghost fans that are Cindy Crosby bandwagon jumpers. Kinda like the Arkansas contingent that became Jags fans after the drafting of Matt Jones.....where are they now??.....gone, thats where....and thats how it will be when Cindy retires or gets traded. The Flyers fan base is enormous and it transcends superstar eras....Bobby Clarke to Lindros - to now Giroux....in winning periods and losing periods.

Flyer fans, Red Wings fans, Blackhawks fans, and Canadiens fans are like "old money", Pittsburgh fans, NJ Devils fans, et al.....are like "new money". 

Stop going around your claim. You were wrong. Trying to start new debates doesnt hide the fact.

You were wrong, yet again. Man up

;

Man, this dude can turn anything into his thread.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2014, 02:12 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:I go by what I see. You can't watch a Flyers road game without seeing a ton of orange in the seats. 

You do realize that critera used included attendance and merchandise sales, right?

Quote:Man, this dude can turn anything into his thread.
Attempt at least. Most see through the garbage.

;

Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis has just left the building!!
;

And I just got here! Sad

Go blackhawks?

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:Attempt at least. Most see through the garbage.

Attempt? There's a page and a half discussion on which team is the most popular in the NHL Playoff thread; I'd say he did more than attempt. And regardless if people see through the garbage, the responses show that the thread is off topic.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Attempt? There's a page and a half discussion on which team is the most popular in the NHL Playoff thread; I'd say he did more than attempt. And regardless if people see through the garbage, the responses show that the thread is off topic.
Conversation evolved, sorry.

Go Pens in the Playoffs!

;

Quote:No one likes the Flyers? lol, ignorant...

The Flyers are one of the most popular, if not the most popular team in the sport. 

I would probably put at least 3 teams ahead of them in popularity.

Quote:Conversation evolved, sorry.

Go Pens in the Playoffs!

LA getting hot has to be worrisome, even though I don't see them standing up to a full series with Boston.

Quote:Are you mad? The Flyers have fans all around North America. You can't watch a Flyers away game without seeing tons of Orange & Black in the stands. 

YOU can't be serious with the above. 

I found this.  It's an opinion, but I'd lean towards this.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/15004...es/page/11

Quote:Good, once someone give Crosby his....and ends his career....your team will likely be forced to move because all of your so called "fans" jumping off the bandwagon. 

Ahh yes, the hope that someone gets hurt and ends a career to prove your point.  Classy TMD as usual.