Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thurmond visiting

Like I've been preaching all along, We need to bring in him along with Browner. Thurmond is his best as a 3rd CB
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I remember people saying he played better than Browner after he got suspended. A CB core of Gratz, Ball, Blackmon, and Thurmond is solid.

Quote:Umm...really trying not to be the wet blanket here....

But I really don't understand the excitement in this thread.....

Let everyone enjoy their day.  Torn ligaments & a broker fibula ... no biggie.   We got the nickel from the defending champs.   Oh, did you know that Red Bryant has a foot issue?

Quote:Let everyone enjoy their day.  Torn ligaments & a broker fibula ... no biggie.   We got the nickel from the defending champs.   Oh, did you know that Red Bryant has a foot issue?

Is this official?

Quote:Like I've been preaching all along, We need to bring in him along with Browner. Thurmond is his best as a 3rd CB
No, we really don't need to bring in an old, slow corner when we already have Gratz, Ball and Blackmon perfectly capable of starting (and might add Thurmond to that mix).

Quote:No, we really don't need to bring in an old, slow corner when we already have Gratz, Ball and Blackmon perfectly capable of starting (and might add Thurmond to that mix).

He's a physical CB, his speed is average and isn't concerning. Also, he doesn't rely on athleticism, so he won't deteriorate in the same way most older DB's do.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

A corner that doesn't rely on athleticism.

I love that even more every time you say it.

I would like this signing
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:Umm...really trying not to be the wet blanket here....

But I really don't understand the excitement in this thread.....

This isn't Darelle Revis we're bringing in, or Joe Haden...

This guy has been a spot player his whole career and has one career INT....

for him being "long" ....he's 5' 11".....4.53...

Nothing special here that I can see....

And we had a poster above post something like "Gratz + Thurmond" WOOT!?

I dunno.....I don't get some of you....

I'm not even sure this guy is better than Will Blackmon. (what we had)

People hear "Seattle" and go OMGZZZZZZ!!!!!!!
When I read posts like this (which you're batting 1000 on today, btw), I remember your posts from last year's free agency.

You dubbed Marks "Question Marks" and called Caldwell Gene Junior for the signing.

You followed it up with berating the Blackmon signing, calling him a nobody.

You were also batting 1000 last year. We know you won't like or agree with a single signing this year. Just like you didn't last year. Just like you didn't like a single draft pick last year.

We know though, you're just "keeping it real" right?

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

PS: how's the negative synopsis going on all the potential draft picks that the Jags might take in the draft? I know  finding something negative about each person who could potentially become a Jag must be exhausting work. Especially if you have to flip and make it a huge positive if a division rival selects that same player.

Keeping that all straight must become a real chore.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:PS: how's the negative synopsis going on all the potential draft picks that the Jags might take in the draft? I know  finding something negative about each person who could potentially become a Jag must be exhausting work. Especially if you have to flip and make it a huge positive if a division rival selects that same player.

Keeping that all straight must become a real chore.

I don't know how he has that much free time but apparently he does.

;

;

Quote: 

Is there room for another Dakota/Dakoda in this town?

Even if you agree he is a 3rd CB at best, hes the type of CB that Gus wants in his system.  I think they will sign him

What about Willie Young, DE whom also is visiting?

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2014, 09:04 AM by DewtheMathis.)

<sub> </sub>

<sub>On signing of Zane Beadles</sub>

<sub> </sub>

<sub>Even if he plays closer to his 2013 level, this move will solidify the interior of Jacksonville's offensive line. Beadles is just entering his prime, is a heady player and moves well in the running game</sub>

I'm just glad we have TMD evaluating all of these signings for us. Otherwise, I might think they were good.

Stupid Caldwell!

Whew.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:When I read posts like this (which you're batting 1000 on today, btw), I remember your posts from last year's free agency.

You dubbed Marks "Question Marks" and called Caldwell Gene Junior for the signing.

You followed it up with berating the Blackmon signing, calling him a nobody.

You were also batting 1000 last year. We know you won't like or agree with a single signing this year. Just like you didn't last year. Just like you didn't like a single draft pick last year.

We know though, you're just "keeping it real" right?

Well said.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2014, 09:43 AM by ukjag34.)

obviously it isn't singed and sealed yet and at first i wasn't too keen, perhaps a bit gun shy with our suspension problems with blackmon, and I didn't know he was only 26 going on 27

thought he was early to late 30's probably mentally picturing marcus trufant

gratz thurmond ball with mccray harris( rookie currently on ir) and will blackmon covering seems like a good group to me

my big question is what type of deal he will get as the cornor market is high

not saying he will get aqib talib money but i would be looking for a 3 year 15 mil deal myself with a guarantee against suspension like we wrote in with blackmon

think this years camp may be the end of mike harris's time in jacksonville and all

Ya mike Harris probably will be gone

What a shame about updating of the board, all my old messages I had saved from TMD about his draft picks and which players he would have started at gone.

Zak DeOssie, Andre Allison.  Quinn Gray as the best QB on the Jags during the Leftwich/Garrard/Gray years.

Just because you talk a lot doesn't make you more right than anyone else.  In fact, quantity of comments is most likely (Statistically not proven) negatively correlated to accuracy of said statements.

Wait.....so did Thumond sign or not?....whats the hold up?