Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rapper DMX vs. George Zimmerman set for celebrity punch-up

Quote:I mix Sprite, with NyQuil and lemon juice.

Ill pop a couple Allergy pills as well.

Well go ahead and put me in the thug category as well then.

I don't even know what I'm talking (writing) about.  Looked it up on the interwebz.

Oh what the heck.......foshizzle,

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Well then Zimmerman is a thug as well for beating up his wife.

Yes...that makes him a low life thug too.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Well then Zimmerman is a thug as well for beating up his wife.

He's a [BLEEP].  The punishment for beating women should be to have your penis removed and forever have to urinate in a  bag.

Yes JFC, he's a thug that commands our shame and disdain.

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">

Quote:He's a [BLEEP].  The punishment for beating women should be to have your penis removed and forever have to urinate in a  bag.

What if she's a power lifter that injects test?

Huh

Quote:He's a [BLEEP]. The punishment for beating women should be to have your penis removed and forever have to urinate in a bag.

Just take em out back and put them down like the dogs they are. Men that harm women and children have no role in society put em down as far as I'm concerned
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:So you think Trayvon was a thug right?

What about Jordan Davis?

Correct me if im wrong, but didnt you say you were black?

He didn't say he was a thug. He said he sold dope, tried to beat a man to death and had a combination of skittles and Arizona which make that "drank". I think the point is it isn't this same picture people were portraying in the media. Also, that he isn't innocent as you try and make him out to be. Of course, based on the evidence that we have and know.

Quote:He didn't say he was a thug. He said he sold dope, tried to beat a man to death and had a combination of skittles and Arizona which make that "drank". I think the point is it isn't this same picture people were portraying in the media. Also, that he isn't innocent as you try and make him out to be. Of course, based on the evidence that we have and know.
I'm glad you did. I don't have the effort level today.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2014, 09:52 AM by Tommy.)

What about Jordan Davis?

Yes, I do think he was a thug. There is pictures of him holding and pointing a gun. There is texts of him selling weed.

Just because I'm black, I'm supposed to agree that he did nothing wrong? LOL. THAT, is what's wrong with Black America. And with this post, I'm done.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:He didn't say he was a thug. He said he sold dope, tried to beat a man to death and had a combination of skittles and Arizona which make that "drank". I think the point is it isn't this same picture people were portraying in the media. Also, that he isn't innocent as you try and make him out to be. Of course, based on the evidence that we have and know.

Im not making Trayvon out to be anything. See my response to tommy below.

Quote:Yes, I do think he was a thug. There is pictures of him holding and pointing a gun. There is texts of him selling weed.

Just because I'm black, I'm supposed to agree that he did nothing wrong? LOL. THAT, is what's wrong with Black America. And with this post, I'm done.

Your definition of thug is really lacking any sense then.

Do you know what the word even means? Thugs are people who have a dangerous criminal history which involves attempted murders, murders, running a established drug ring, putting out hits on people.

Examples of thugs are , Tookie Williams, (Real) Rick Ross, BCG, Crip, and Blood Gangs, etc.

Did Trayvon have his troubles? Yes

To say he was a thug because he did some "alleged"  lightweight drug dealing, and have pictures of him toting guns is pathetic. Do you know how many kids emulate rappers and call themselves thugs doing the same exact thing? Trayvon was far from that, I know real thugs (criminals) back in my home state who laugh at people like you that says Trayvon was a thug.

It's hilarious for you to suggest what's wrong with Black America. Instead of shedding tears, complaining and pointing fingers, have you decided to go out and help these same young men, or thugs (as you would like to call it) turn their lives around? 

You can agree with whatever you want, but I can tell you really have no concept of what defines people actions, you just go along with the flow which shows self identity issues. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Im not making Trayvon out to be anything. See my response to tommy below.

Do you know what the word even means? Thugs are people who have a dangerous criminal history which involves attempted murders, murders, running a established drug ring, putting out hits on people.

Examples of thugs are , Tookie Williams, (Real) Rick Ross, BCG, Crip, and Blood Gangs, etc.

To say he was a thug because he did some "alleged"  lightweight drug dealing, and have pictures of him toting guns is pathetic. Do you know how many kids emulate rappers and call themselves thugs doing the same exact thing? Trayvon was far from that, I know real thugs (criminals) back in my home state who laugh at people like you that says Trayvon was a thug.

It's hilarious for you to suggest what's wrong with Black America. Instead of shedding tears, complaining and pointing fingers, have you decided to go out and help these same young men, or thugs (as you would like to call it) turn their lives around? 

You can agree with whatever you want, but I can tell you really have no concept of what defines people actions, you just go along with the flow which shows self identity issues. 

To question someone on what a word means without knowing the definition yourself doesnt make sense.   You know as much about Trayvon as I do.  You dont know if he was a thug or not.

I think its funny since the Richard Sherman thing somehow thug has become a racist term.  It is an adjective, period.  There are articles about Zimmerman, Incognito and many other white people that called them thugs as well.

thug

<div><span>THəg/</span>

<div><i>noun</i>
noun: <b>thug</b>; plural noun: <b>thugs</b>; noun: <b>Thug</b>
<ol class="">[*]

<div>
<div>1.

<div style="font-sizeConfusedmall;">
<div>a violent person, esp. a criminal.

synonyms:

ruffian, hooligan, vandal, hoodlum, gangster, villain, criminal; <span>More </span>
<div>
<div>
<div><i>informal</i><span>tough, bruiser, hardman, goon, heavy, enforcer, hired gun, hood </span>
"<span>one of Capone's thugs"</span>
</div>
</div>

</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

[*]

<div>
<div>2.

<div>historical
a member of a religious organization of robbers and assassins in India. Devotees of the goddess Kali, the Thugs waylaid and strangled their victims, usually travelers, in a ritually prescribed manner. They were suppressed by the British in the 1830s.
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

</ol></div>
</div>

Quote: 

To question someone on what a word means without knowing the definition yourself doesnt make sense.   You know as much about Trayvon as I do.  You dont know if he was a thug or not.

I think its funny since the Richard Sherman thing somehow thug has become a racist term.  It is an adjective, period.  There are articles about Zimmerman, Incognito and many other white people that called them thugs as well.

<div>thug

<div>THəg/

<div><i>noun</i>
noun: <b>thug</b>; plural noun: <b>thugs</b>; noun: <b>Thug</b>
  1. <div>
    <div>1.

<div>a violent person, esp. a criminal.
    synonyms: ruffian, hooligan, vandal, hoodlum, gangster, villain, criminal; More
    <div>
    <div>
    <div><i>informal</i>tough, bruiser, hardman, goon, heavy, enforcer, hired gun, hood
    "one of Capone's thugs"
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>

2. <div>
    <div>2.

<div>historical
    a member of a religious organization of robbers and assassins in India. Devotees of the goddess Kali, the Thugs waylaid and strangled their victims, usually travelers, in a ritually prescribed manner. They were suppressed by the British in the 1830s.
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>

</div>
</div>

</div>

Thanks for proving 3/4 of my point.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Thanks for proving 3/4 of my point.

Lol, you are impossible.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2014, 11:54 AM by jtmoney.)

Quote:He lost alot of time by being in jail, but Trayvon lost his life altogether. 

Quote:It's very interesting you put the word child in quotation marks. After all, he was under the age of 18 when he was murdered by Zimmerman. 

I think its unfair to assume what would Trayvon could have been charged with if he wasn't killed. There is the possibility he never faces charges or gets charged with a misdemeanor depending on what account he gives.

What about Jordan Davis?

Some troubling things in your responses on this thread, especially the last sentence.

In the first, you make a comparison to time lost doesn't equate to life lost.  Absolutely agree.  But if what we know is true than Trayvon is partly responsible in his own death.  You don't seem to make that connection.

You call him a child which isn't done by accident.  This implies, when we hear the word child, things like they don't know better, they aren't physically strong, can't defend themselves, etc...  But that wasn't the case with Trayvon.  He was old enough to know better and he was physically strong enough to defend or impose harm on someone.  Are you using the legal definition correctly?  Sure, but a 17 year old isn't a child.  

In regards to your last post.  The trial is still ongoing with no verdict for Jordan Davis.  The defendant states Jordan threatened him with his life and had a gun.  The prosecutors and testimony from witnesses in the car said there was no gun (and no gun was found) and that he did not threaten the other mans life.  The defendant states they had time to get rid of said weapon (which I have no idea if that is true or not).  Anyways, completely different case with different circumstances.  Definitely not a fair comparison.

On to your last sentence.  What is that supposed to mean or imply?  Is there a code black people must follow?  Are black people not supposed to think for themselves?  What if I defended some topic in favor of black people overall and a white poster said "Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't you say you were white?"  Do you not see how unbelievably hypocritical your post is especially when you talk about racism in other threads?  Your last sentence reminds me of Stacey Dash who endorsed Mitt Romney and then received racist tweets from other black people (accused of being an uncle tom, told to die, etc...).  Now granted, I'm not saying your last sentence is to that extent, but it does remind me of it.  

To say he was a thug because he did some "alleged" lightweight drug dealing, and have pictures of him toting guns is pathetic. Do you know how many kids emulate rappers and call themselves thugs doing the same exact thing? Trayvon was far from that, I know real thugs (criminals) back in my home state who laugh at people like you that says Trayvon was a thug.

You know what he means when he calls him a thug. To get hung up on the definition of what the word means to you is silly. The use of words change all the time. The B word means a female dog in heat, but I bet you've used it referring to a person before.

Please stop trying to portray Trayvon as some poor misunderstood Boy Scout. Would you be okay with your child acting like him...brandishing guns and lightweight (really???) drug dealing?

I lived in Bunnell for 11 years. I know EXACTLY what a thug is, and I've had my fair share of experience. I think you need to stop defending people because of their skin color. I also listen to drill music. So you don't need to tell me I don't know what a thug is. In a U.S. Court System, making light of criminal actions doesn't happen. That is just a fact. To the court system, he was a thug. And that is all that matters.

You need to reevaluate how you look at things if you think he was harmless. He wasn't. 

And no, I haven't. I've made it out of the hood. I don't NEED to risk my life to help lowlife uneducated human beings. 

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:I lived in Bunnell for 11 years. I know EXACTLY what a thug is, and I've had my fair share of experience. I think you need to stop defending people because of their skin color. I also listen to drill music. So you don't need to tell me I don't know what a thug is. In a U.S. Court System, making light of criminal actions doesn't happen. That is just a fact. To the court system, he was a thug. And that is all that matters.

You need to reevaluate how you look at things if you think he was harmless. He wasn't. 

And no, I haven't. I've made it out of the hood. I don't NEED to risk my life to help lowlife uneducated human beings. 

I love Bunnell, just had to add that in there. Last small town in Florida I swear it is.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2014, 12:47 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

Quote:Some troubling things in your responses on this thread, especially the last sentence.

In the first, you make a comparison to time lost doesn't equate to life lost.  Absolutely agree.  But if what we know is true than Trayvon is partly responsible in his own death.  You don't seem to make that connection. We dont know how and if Trayvon is responsible, because he isnt here to tell his side of the story. Lets be real here. If someone else was in Zimmerman shoes, I would expect them to paint themselves as the victim as well if they are facing a significant amount of jail time.

You call him a child which isn't done by accident.  This implies, when we hear the word child, things like they don't know better, they aren't physically strong, can't defend themselves, etc...  But that wasn't the case with Trayvon.  He was old enough to know better and he was physically strong enough to defend or impose harm on someone.  Are you using the legal definition correctly?  Sure, but a 17 year old isn't a child.  So if Trayvon was 12 or 13 years old but still the same physical strength, would it be wrong to call him a child in that instance? As much as we would  to hold Trayvon accountable, Zimmerman should be held accountable, he is a adult. In Florida, the age of 17 is considered a juvenile execpt when charged with a violent felony he can be charged as a adult. That's not what happened here. If he was alive he would have (at best) been charged with a misdemeanor as a juvenile and could have that charged dismissed.

In regards to your last post.  The trial is still ongoing with no verdict for Jordan Davis.  The defendant states Jordan threatened him with his life and had a gun.  The prosecutors and testimony from witnesses in the car said there was no gun (and no gun was found) and that he did not threaten the other mans life.  The defendant states they had time to get rid of said weapon (which I have no idea if that is true or not).  Anyways, completely different case with different circumstances.  Definitely not a fair comparison. You know what the comparison is? Davis is considered a "thug" as well for loud music. 

On to your last sentence.  What is that supposed to mean or imply?  Is there a code black people must follow?  Are black people not supposed to think for themselves?  What if I defended some topic in favor of black people overall and a white poster said "Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't you say you were white?"  Do you not see how unbelievably hypocritical your post is especially when you talk about racism in other threads?  Your last sentence reminds me of Stacey Dash who endorsed Mitt Romney and then received racist tweets from other black people (accused of being an uncle tom, told to die, etc...).  Now granted, I'm not saying your last sentence is to that extent, but it does remind me of it.  Any Black person can think for themselves and have different interpretations, there is no code to follow. The conversations that take place in the barbershops, hood, etc stems from how we interpret things like the Martin, and Davis trial and that's what im speaking from. I dont think you paid attention to my other posts because I advocate for all races, so I dont understand the "hypocrisy" you are claiming.

Quote:You know what he means when he calls him a thug. To get hung up on the definition of what the word means to you is silly. The use of words change all the time. The B word means a female dog in heat, but I bet you've used it referring to a person before.

Please stop trying to portray Trayvon as some poor misunderstood Boy Scout. Would you be okay with your child acting like him...brandishing guns and lightweight (really???) drug dealing?

So now when I use the actual definition its considered getting hung up on and is silly? Ironic. 

I never used the B word because my mother would knock the teeth out of my mouth if she ever heard me saying it or someone told her I said it. Plus, I have grew up with strong sisters which also had an effect on me not saying the word.

Did you conveniently miss the fact that I said Trayvon had his troubles in my previous response? If I had sons who were acting like that, I would discipline and teach them why people emulate certain things, but I would understand why they would mimic such because of how the way society and music is influential to young kids.

Quote:I lived in Bunnell for 11 years. I know EXACTLY what a thug is, and I've had my fair share of experience. I think you need to stop defending people because of their skin color. I also listen to drill music. So you don't need to tell me I don't know what a thug is. In a U.S. Court System, making light of criminal actions doesn't happen. That is just a fact. To the court system, he was a thug. And that is all that matters.

What is your definition of a thug then, since you have experience being around them. 

You cant even understand my purpose of defending people. Did you even pay attention to the examples of people I stated who are actually thugs? They are Black, but because you are so fixated on what and how im trying to defend people, you missed that point. 

Last time I check, Trayvon didn't murder people, or even attempt to murder people. Again, he had his troubles and im acknowledging that which you seem to keep conveniently seem to miss.

You last sentence just proves my point. Sit back and complain but you cant be a part of the solution, go figure.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2014, 01:00 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:I love Bunnell, just had to add that in there. Last small town in Florida I swear it is.
Head to the panhandle! They are all over.

;

Quote: 

You last sentence just proves my point. Sit back and complain but you cant be a part of the solution, go figure.
Tommy has done anything but complain. I just don't see what you read, or read into things sometimes.

;

Quote:So now when I use the actual definition its considered getting hung up on and is silly? Ironic. 

I never used the B word because my mother would knock the teeth out of my mouth if she ever heard me saying it or someone told her I said it. Plus, I have grew up with strong sisters which also had an effect on me not saying the word.

Did you conveniently miss the fact that I said Trayvon had his troubles in my previous response? If I had sons who were acting like that, I would discipline and teach them why people emulate certain things, but I would understand why they would mimic such because of how the way society and music is influential to young kids.

What is your definition of a thug then, since you have experience being around them. 

You cant even understand my purpose of defending people. Did you even pay attention to the examples of people I stated who are actually thugs? They are Black, but because you are so fixated on what and how im trying to defend people, you missed that point. 

Last time I check, Trayvon didn't murder people, or even attempt to murder people. Again, he had his troubles and im acknowledging that which you seem to keep conveniently seem to miss.

Trayvon was a hoodlum:

hood·lum

ˈho͞odləm,ˈho͝od-/

noun

a person who engages in crime and violence; a hooligan or gangster.

synonyms: thug, lout, delinquent, vandal, ruffian, hooligan, lowlife; gangster, crook, mobster, criminal; informaltough, bruiser, hardman, goon, hood, punk, rowdy

But somehow I'm sure you will argue that he doesn't fit this description either...