Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
John McClain with the Houston Chronicle believes the Texans will select...

Quote:JW, stop worrying about his work ethic. He will be fine.

I would not worry about it if his slacker attitude was only a rumor by the media. But when Jadaveon Clowney himself publicly admits it and the owner of the top pick says he needs help in that area it is a legitimate concern.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I would not worry about it if his slacker attitude was only a rumor by the media. But when Jadaveon Clowney himself publicly admits it and the owner of the top pick says he needs help in that area it is a legitimate concern.

Its a concern only to you. Bob McNair seems to be perfectly fine with it.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:It's a concern only to you. Bob McNair seems to be perfectly fine with it.

What Bob McNair said tells me if the Texans did not have J.J. Watt, he would be concerned about it.

Quote:What Bob McNair said tells me if the Texans did not have J.J. Watt, he would be concerned about it.

But they do. So again its a non issue.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:You just reinforced my opinion about Cowney. Bob McNair knows about his work ethic problem and even talked about it. Because he owns the top pick there's no reason to lie about Clowney.

This was a radio interview with an employee of a newspaper, sharing his personal opinion.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:What Bob McNair said tells me if the Texans did not have J.J. Watt, he would be concerned about it.
since when did JJ Watt become a life coach?

Quote:Since when did JJ Watt become a life coach?

Never. Bob McNair made up the idea that he has the ability to be a life coach. I have no reason to believe the Texans should rely on a young player to help a rookie stay motivated.

The only thing that matters to me is every player is self-motivated to give a 100% effort on every play in every practice and game. Natural talent is useless if you don't have that.

Quote:Never. Bob McNair made up the idea that he has the ability to be a life coach. I have no reason to believe the Texans should rely on a young player to help a rookie stay motivated.

The only thing that matters to me is every player is self-motivated to give a 100% effort on every play in every practice and game. Natural talent is useless if you don't have that.

Ummm not really. Give me Clowneys natural talent over ordinary DE who just gives lots of effort.

Quote:Ummm not really. Give me Clowneys natural talent over ordinary DE who just gives lots of effort.

I guess you don't wish we had J.J. Watt then because Bob McNair said he small on talent and big on effort.

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2014, 06:22 PM by Cleatwood.)

Quote:I guess you don't wish we had J.J. Watt then because Bob McNair said he small on talent and big on effort.
Hahaha you really think JJ Watt is low on talent? Wow... just... wow.

You don't do what he does with "low" talent. Yes he works hard but hes got a ton of talent too.

Watt

6'5 290 lbs

34 reps - 225

vertical 37 inches

4.8 - 40

Yeah, I would say that Watt is not only pretty talented, but extremely talented. 

You misheard what McNair said. 

Quote:Watt

6'5 290 lbs

34 reps - 225

vertical 37 inches

4.8 - 40

Yeah, I would say that Watt is not only pretty talented, but extremely talented. 

You misheard what McNair said. 
Watt was a boarder line freak coming out

Quote:Watt was a boarder line freak coming out

Yeah big time.  Did anyone see that video of him last off season where he jumped up about 50 inches onto the blocks or whatever they are. 

Extremely talented player. 

Quote:Hahaha you really think JJ Watt is low on talent? Wow... just... wow.

You don't do what he does with "low" talent. Yes he works hard but hes got a ton of talent too.

That is what Bob McNair said. He would know, obviously.

Quote:Yeah big time.  Did anyone see that video of him last off season where he jumped up about 50 inches onto the blocks or whatever they are. 

Extremely talented player. 
59.5 Inches to be exact Tongue

Yea, dude is a freak.

Quote:You misheard what McNair said. 

No I didn't. I read McNair's comments, so mishearing is impossible.

Quote:That is what Bob McNair said. He would know, obviously.

He didn't really say that.  He said that Clowney is more talented than Watt.  He said Clowney is a once in a lifetime talent. 

Clowney is 6'6 280 lbs and could possibly run a low 4.5. 

Quote:He didn't really say that.  He said that Clowney is more talented than Watt.  He said Clowney is a once in a lifetime talent. 

Clowney is 6'6 280 lbs and could possibly run a low 4.5. 

Yes he did say Watt is not very talented and got most of his ability on effort.

Quote:Yes he did say Watt is not very talented and got most of his ability on effort.
What?! Please quote that. Are you not reading what people are writing about how talented Watt is?

Mcnair would never say his best player isn't talented. That makes no sense.

Quote:Yes he did say Watt is not very talented and got most of his ability on effort.
You need Valium