Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shahid Kahn

I don't think Khan acquired the team to buy low and sell high.

I think Khan wants to own an NFL team.  And I think he wants to own it the rest of his life, like the Rooneys, Maras, or Krafts.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I don't think Khan acquired the team to buy low and sell high.

I think Khan wants to own an NFL team.  And I think he wants to own it the rest of his life, like the Rooneys, Maras, or Krafts.

I agree, and I also think Khan would love nothing more than to take this underdog franchise and turn it into the envy of the league.

I imagine he's doing the same thing with the FFC that he did with the Jaguars, by taking the first season to set up his organization and learn the ropes of owning an EPL franchise. I look for him to start making noticeable changes after this season is over, like he did after his first season owning the Jaguars..

Good grief, those FFC fans should canonize Shad for just removing that ridiculous Michael Jackson statue.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:I don't think Khan acquired the team to buy low and sell high.

I don't have a link but I remember him saying something to the effect. Something about Tony Khan one day taking over and if he ever sold the team that Shad would come back to haunt him or something.

He has a LOT of money. A lot of those types want to either be totally anonymous or a rock star so Shad buys an NFL team, gets and spends a lot of money to spruce up the stadium and locker room, and plans to improve the city of Jacksonville. With his larger than life personality and high visibility, he wants to be famous as well as wealthy. Plus its probably fun for him

Quote:I would love to see this read handed link you have on Weaver selling the team to LA...
it was in the gator-infested media obviously  Wallbash

Quote:I agree, and I also think Khan would love nothing more than to take this underdog franchise and turn it into the envy of the league.

I imagine he's doing the same thing with the FFC that he did with the Jaguars, by taking the first season to set up his organization and learn the ropes of owning an EPL franchise. I look for him to start making noticeable changes after this season is over, like he did after his first season owning the Jaguars..

Good grief, those FFC fans should canonize Shad for just removing that ridiculous Michael Jackson statue.
Ha-ha on the statue. So true.  (and I think Off The Wall is an amazing album- though it's 70% Quincy Jones and 30% MJ)  

And +1 on the rest of your post.

Quote:I agree, and I also think Khan would love nothing more than to take this underdog franchise and turn it into the envy of the league.

Any concern that Khan is spreading himself too thin. 2 pro sport franchises as well as the bumper thing?....

The NFL is hard enough to master alone (well for most people), let alone all 3. 

Nope.

Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Any concern that Khan is spreading himself too thin. 2 pro sport franchises as well as the bumper thing?....

Isn't that what Dave Caldwell and Mark Lamping are for?

Quote:Any concern that Khan is spreading himself too thin. 2 pro sport franchises as well as the bumper thing?....

LOL at  "bumper thing."      You mean the 4 billion dollar company  with 13,000 employees that makes auto parts for BMW, Ford, Nissan and Toyota?  

When you have that much money you can pay the people you trust to handle your businesses and consult you on the decisions you insist upon being part of. 

If he can build that company to what it has become - he can manage to oversee his new acquisitions. 

If he were to suddenly take over coaching duties...for both teams...then I'd be worried. Guys like him know how when to step back and let others do the work for them.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I would imagine he mostly bought the team as a status symbol. Who wouldn't want to say they own an NFL team, or any pro team for that matter. Just like an owner of any business they want it to be successful.

None.

Ugh  - won't let me quote for some reason but I was quoting TMD with the 'any concerns" question....

Still laughing at TMD's "The bumber thing". Bill Gates and Steve Jobs had that "computer thing".

Come on that didn't turn into anything... be serious...

Quote:Ugh  - won't let me quote for some reason but I was quoting TMD with the 'any concerns" question....

well, just say what you were going to say anyway. 

put a "@ TMD" or something to reference me. Use your noggin' :yes: 

Well, he gains a lot of exposure from owning an NFL team.  That could help his other businesses.

I am very Happy that we have a new owner in SK for one very big reason: He fired Gene Smith, who failed the Jags miserably by missing on so many draft picks, esp the top 10 picks. As far as I'm concerned he is the #1 reason the Jags are in the position they are in. I'm not putting all the blame on him, but as GM he certainly gets most of it. He was just awful.

I honestly believe that some of the more knowledgeable posters on here could have done a better job with our draft picks then GS did. They certainly could NOT have done any worse then he did, that's for sure!!!!!

Do you all realize that if SK didn't buy the team and WW was still here, that MM and GS, with his contract extension, would still be here and responsible for our #3 pick in the upcoming draft. I know that nobody on here would want that.

SK has said from day 1 that he is not moving the team and that the Jags will stay in Jax as long as we support the team.

I firmly believe that if we hold up our end of the deal in supporting the team that SK will hold up his end and keep them in Jax.

Now let's all support our Jags!!!!!!!!

I am looking forward to the 2014 draft and very much believe we should have an even more improved team next season with Gus and Dave leading the way.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Still laughing at TMD's "The bumber thing". Bill Gates and Steve Jobs had that "computer thing".

LIke Sam Colt, John Garand, and MIkhail Kalashinikov had that "gun thing."

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato