Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shahid Kahn

What are your feelings towards his future intentions for the franchise?He's got loads of money but he's doing nothing for his other team(Fulham).It makes me wonder what these rich folk get out of investing so heavily in teams.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:What are your feelings towards his future intentions for the franchise?He's got loads of money but he's doing nothing for his other team(Fulham).It makes me wonder what these rich folk get out of investing so heavily in teams.

I think he wants to win.  He bought the team because he loves football. 

Because how many people can say, yeah I own an NFL team?

How many people put Shahid Khan instead of Shad Khan?

;

;

So you think it's because of to much cash?I'm not calling the guy or any other who owns a sport team but I just question why as business men would you because there won't be much return.

Is shahid not his first name?

Quote:Is shahid not his first name?

His friends call him shad. Guess that's why you two aren't friends.

Oh sorry xJAGGYx and Shad sittin in a tree K.I.S.S.I.N.Gee.

Quote:Oh sorry xJAGGYx and Shad sittin in a tree K.I.S.S.I.N.Gee.

He pays me for kisses. Don't be hatin'.

Quote:What are your feelings towards his future intentions for the franchise?He's got loads of money but he's doing nothing for his other team(Fulham).It makes me wonder what these rich folk get out of investing so heavily in teams.
If im spending 300 million dollars on anything, I would like to evaluate it for more than 5 months (the amount of time he has owned Fullham) before knowing what I need to do to it!

That's fine then never hatin just love poetry

Ok then but I can tell u Fulham aren't going to win the PL in a million years so again just wonder what intentions are

Quote:Ok then but I can tell u Fulham aren't going to win the PL in a million years so again just wonder what intentions are

Intentions? What are you getting at?

Well is he going to plough millions into the franchise and turn us into serious contenders or is he happy to just sitting back and saying yea I own an NFL team as trunt87 put it.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2014, 05:57 PM by xJAGGYx.)

Quote:Well is he going to plough millions into the franchise and turn us into serious contenders or is he happy to just sitting back and saying yea I own an NFL team as trunt87 put it.

He's throwing a bunch of money into the jags. So I would imagine he'd do the same with Fulham. Billionaires don't buy teams to lose games.

Randy Lerner has

He also knows that if he wants to sell the team in a few years or ten years down the road he will be able to sell it for more than he bought it for.

You know he can't just pay players with his personal money, right?

I suspect his motives are to run businesses which connect with the communities they are in, which will give him a legacy and probably to a large extent are just fun to be involved in, there is probably a heft dose of ego too, but I'm no psychologist.

He has made enough money so he can now afford to run businesses which may not always make big profits but if things go well there are a lot of people in Jacksonville and London who will think the sun shines out of his butt. Not many people will love you for running a car parts company.

With regards to doing nothing for Fulham, they have just sacked their coach and the transfer window has just opened.

I suspect he wont be 'doing nothing' for Fulham over the next 4 weeks.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:I suspect his motives are to run businesses which connect with the communities they are in, which will give him a legacy and probably to a large extent are just fun to be involved in, there is probably a heft dose of ego too, but I'm no psychologist.

He has made enough money so he can now afford to run businesses which may not always make big profits but if things go well there are a lot of people in Jacksonville and London who will think the sun shines out of his butt. Not many people will love you for running a car parts company.

With regards to doing nothing for Fulham, they have just sacked their coach and the transfer window has just opened.

I suspect he wont be 'doing nothing' for Fulham over the next 4 weeks.
this ^