Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is there any update for Justin Blackmon?

Quote:I know the Jags are not allowed direct contact with Blackmon, but surely they can find out how he's doing in his rehab.   All of this "We don't know" from Caldwell and Oehser is probably a little white lie.   So when they say things like "If we get him back next year we will consider it a bonus" then that tells me they know he's not doing well and they don't have much faith in him. 

This is how rehab, HIPAA and the NFL policy works. If Dave Caldwell knows what good for both him and JB, and I think he does, he will make no attempt to find out anything about Blackmon's treatment progress.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2014, 06:06 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:Maybe I've been watching too much TV, but it seems to me that if Khan wants to find out how Blackmon is doing, he can find out without anyone knowing he found out.   This is a multi-billionaire.  He probably employs people who know how to find these things out.   And if I were Khan, I would be curious enough to send someone out to find out and report back to me.   He wouldn't be breaking any laws. 

Depending on how he gained any information, he very well might be breaking laws.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Maybe I've been watching too much TV, but it seems to me that if Khan wants to find out how Blackmon is doing, he can find out without anyone knowing he found out. This is a multi-billionaire. He probably employs people who know how to find these things out. And if I were Khan, I would be curious enough to send someone out to find out and report back to me. He wouldn't be breaking any laws.

Quote:This is how rehab, HIPAA and the NFL policy works. If Dave Caldwell knows what good for both him and JB, and I think he does, he will make no attempt to find out anything about Blackmon's treatment progress.
IMO they know exactly how JB is doing.

But what sense would it make to mention your findings to the media? That's something you would keep in house for the reasons you've cited above.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Maybe I've been watching too much TV, but it seems to me that if Khan wants to find out how Blackmon is doing, he can find out without anyone knowing he found out.   This is a multi-billionaire.  He probably employs people who know how to find these things out.   And if I were Khan, I would be curious enough to send someone out to find out and report back to me.   He wouldn't be breaking any laws. 
You do understand that HIPAA laws make that impossible for him to find out anything unless Blackmon shares it himself, and NFL rules strictly forbid any contact between the player and the franchise during that period.

Yes, he would be breaking laws. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Don't know if it's been mentioned - but Cecil Shorts said in an interview that Justin joined him and the other receivers recently for a dinner.  

He said they didn't talk about the suspension or rehab and kept it light but that JB was doing well, IIRC.  I think it was in one of the "open locker room" videos a few weeks back.  I remember coming away with the impression that Justin was spending most of his suspension time in Jacksonville, so perhaps he sought treatment locally. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!