Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What's your perfect offseason scenario?

Quote:....whose not as good. 
So now you know that any RB drafted in the 4th round won't be as good as Brown?  

It's perfectly conceivable that the Jags find a great RB in the fourth.   

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So now you know that any RB drafted in the 4th round won't be as good as Brown?  

It's perfectly conceivable that the Jags find a great RB in the fourth.   

Brown has already shown he can produce to the tune of 170 yards and multiple TD in back to back games, when he was given a starting opportunity. So, the chances are low that the Jaguars find that level of RB with their 4th rounder should they turn to the draft for their RB. 

Brown with a 4th rounder represents a safer bet than some unproven rookie 4th rounder. 

Quote:Brown has already shown he can produce to the tune of 170 yards and multiple TD in back to back games, when he was given a starting opportunity. So, the chances are low that the Jaguars find that level of RB with their 4th rounder should they turn to the draft for their RB. 

Brown with a 4th rounder represents a safer bet than some unproven rookie 4th rounder. 

Brown is unproven as well. 

I'd rather keep the pick and just sign James Starks who is a free agent. 

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2014, 02:47 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Brown is unproven as well. 

Well sure, except for the 2 170 yard games in 2012, and the 100 yard game this year.....lolz

Quote:Well sure, except for the 2 170 yard games in 2012, and the 100 yard game this year.....lolz

There are plenty of proven backs in FA who wont cost a draft pick.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:Well sure, except for the 2 170 yard games in 2012, and the 100 yard game this year.....lolz

Jordan Todman had a 100 yard game this year too. I wouldn't say he's proven.

Quote:Jordan Todman had a 100 yard game this year too. I wouldn't say he's proven.

Look at Brown's YPC in his 100+ yard games. He's proven. 

Quote:Look at Brown's YPC in his 100+ yard games. He's proven. 
Why not sign Starks (who has a better YPC avg than Brown and excellent hands receiving) and keep the pick to add more young talent cheaply?

Trading picks for players seems unlikely under Caldwell in year two of a rebuild. 

We also have Forsett under contract in 2014. I would never spend that pick on a RB unless he's selected in the draft.  Too easy to get them these days. 

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2014, 04:13 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Why not sign Starks (who has a better YPC avg than Brown and excellent hands receiving) and keep the pick to add more young talent cheaply?

Trading picks for players seems unlikely under Caldwell in year two of a rebuild. 

We also have Forsett under contract in 2014. I would never spend that pick on a RB unless he's selected in the draft.  Too easy to get them these days. 

I'd consider Starks. But whose to say he'll come cheaply? Look at what that bum Steven Jackson netted last offseason. 

Also trading a 4th rounder in exchange for a 23 year old RB is not the same as trading a pick for a 28 or 29 year old player. 

Quote:Look at Brown's YPC in his 100+ yard games. He's proven. 

Well yeah if you look at a bunch of NFL players at the best of their best...they probably look proven too.

The past few drafts have shown you can get a very good back on day 3.

Quote:The past few drafts have shown you can get a very good back on day 3.

Draft a back, run him hard for 4 years, repeat

Quote:I'd consider Starks. But whose to say he'll come cheaply? Look at what that bum Steven Jackson netted last offseason. 

Also trading a 4th rounder in exchange for a 23 year old RB is not the same as trading a pick for a 28 or 29 year old player. 

How long does Brown's contract have to run? Is he going to play for free after? Best case scenario is you delay paying the guy for a few years after he becomes the starter.

Giving up a draft pick (assuming the Eagles will trade him for anything, let alone a 4th) for a running back with plenty of solid, way more proven guys available in FA makes no sense.

Yuck to trading a 4th for Bryce Brown.  Maybe a 6th or 7th if they'd take it.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2014, 06:21 PM by Geen.)

My perfect offseason would start off with fsu losing tonight, then me winning the lottery and following that the Jags going undefeated and winning the SB.

Get on it.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:Draft a back, run him hard for 4 years, repeat
Look at the top rushers: Peterson, Forte, Charles, McCoy.... They are all out of the playoffs. The colts are in the second round of the playoffs with Donald friggin Brown. The QB is all that matters.

Quote:My perfect offseason would start off with fsu losing tonight, then me winning the lottery and following that the Jags going undefeated and winning the SB.

Get on it.
Looks like your offseason is off to a bad start! I hope the rest of it comes true for you and you share your lotto winnings with me since i'm such a nice guy!

Quote:Yuck to trading a 4th for Bryce Brown.  Maybe a 6th or 7th if they'd take it.

LOL..... Laughing Laughing Laughing 

what the hell is wrong with some of you??? ::wacko: 

This place is the nuthouse. Laughing 

Where average players making 8.5 MIL per are celebrated / revered, and 23 year old cheap RB's that have shown flashes of elite are snubbed. 

:wacko: 

Quote:LOL..... Laughing Laughing Laughing

what the hell is wrong with some of you??? : :wacko:

This place is the nuthouse. Laughing

Where average players making 8.5 MIL per are celebrated / revered, and 23 year old cheap RB's that have shown flashes of elite are snubbed. 

:wacko:

[Image: 1986d1332082574-pocketesn-quickly-get-in...-troll.jpg]