Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Should we extend Cecil Shorts contract in offseason?

Quote:I wouldn't put him over Blackmon or Jones

I would certainly put Watkins over Blackmon and he's pretty close to Jones, he's a game breaker at that position, and those are rare.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Watkins is a bigger version of Percy Harvin with better long speed.

For what it's worth, the 2014 WR class is the most loaded WR class I've ever seen. The 3 guys at the top all have elite (Watkins, Lee, Evans) have Julio Jones/A.J.Green level ceilings. After that, there are another 5-10 WRs that are really good.

Now is not the time to overpay for a WR. If we want a WR, we can get a very good ROI on somebody like Paul Richardson in the 3rd round.

Well we can't hope for Blackmon to come around. 

No pain, no gain.

Watkins is most definitely a better prospect than Blackmon and right up there on Julio Jones level. Marqise Lee and Mike Evans are both on Blackmon level as prospects, too. The statement that this may be the best WR class in NFL history is not a hyperbole.

That being said, I would not want to draft a WR in the 1st round. There are a handful of WRs that would be 1st round picks in other years that can be had in the 2nd and 3rd rounds this year. Guys like Jordan Matthews, Davante Adams, Brandin Cooks, Jarvis Landry, Paul Richardson, and Allen Robinson are all at least as good of prospects as guys taken in the 1st round of other years (Kendall Wright, A.J. Jenkins, etc.). If teams need a WR, this is the year to get value on one.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2013, 10:53 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Watkins is most definitely a better prospect than Blackmon and right up there on Julio Jones level. Marqise Lee and Mike Evans are both on Blackmon level as prospects, too. The statement that this may be the best WR class in NFL history is not a hyperbole.

That being said, I would not want to draft a WR in the 1st round. There are a handful of WRs that would be 1st round picks in other years that can be had in the 2nd and 3rd rounds this year. Guys like Jordan Matthews, Davante Adams, Brandin Cooks, Jarvis Landry, Paul Richardson, and Allen Robinson are all at least as good of prospects as guys taken in the 1st round of other years (Kendall Wright, A.J. Jenkins, etc.). If teams need a WR, this is the year to get value on one.

I don't see Watkins as Blackmon or Julio Jones level either. 

I'm getting really tired of seeing everyone since Blackmon was in his last college season talk about how "limited" of a prospect that Blackmon is or talk about "what he can't do", when all the guy has done at both levels of football is produce at a VERY high level and make HUGE plays. People constantly cite why Blackmon won't be able to do this or that, yet all he does is just do it, (well when he's actually on the field, anyway). 

Sammy Watkins is a very good prospect, but in both watching him, looking at his measureables, (smaller than both Blackmon & Jones). and taking his production in consideration, I don't see how one could say that Watkins is the best prospect of all 3. 

But the point remains.