Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Don't fear losing the #1 pick

Derek Carr! Kirk Cousins... David Fales... I don't care who it is as long as they can sling the rock and win games!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Luck 59.4 rating against the Texans. Doesn't look very elite to me and makes me wonder just how good any of the hyped up qbs in the draft really are.
Russell Wilson didn't have the hype, and I think he is arguably the best from that class so far. Glennon isn't too shabby either for a guy people generally blew off in a 'weak' QB year.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:LOL I get it now! Man I haven't thought about Tebow for awhile now... good deal.
Lucky you. Unfortunately he's too dreamy for me to forget. 

Quote:Don't know if people been watching but Luck is not that good. Everybody cried that we gave the Colts him to beat us for the next 10-15 years but he's suspect as hell as an elite quarterback. Not too many qb's will fit that elite bill, we just need great to good players and a serviceable td thrower. That's what a lot of teams have anyway.
I agree with this. Aside from Russell Wilson. The so called second coming of elite QBs looking real suspect. What y'all think about trading for Kirk Cousins?

Wait a second luck is not elite?   I think someone said that before.   When everyone was anointing him.    I wonder who that could be as most others laughed?   

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2013, 06:23 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Redskins are not dumb and wont trade Kirk.

#Gojags

Quote:The way tht the OL played today, changes are a forethought. Our needs lie at the PR, RB and LB positions...

Just Sayn...

NH3...
How about the way they played the rest of the season? I'll take interior oline help over PR any day. Also, pass rusher is more important than either LB or RB.

Quote:Redskins are not dumb and wont trade Kirk.
Count me as one of the people who would take RG3 if they wanted to give him up. I am debating if I am okay with a 1st for him, but I would definitely be okay with a 2nd.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

we picked 2nd last year. it didnt exactly turn us into an instant contender

It is all about the qb.   Except this isn't baseball.   it takes more then a pitcher to decide games. 

#Gojags

Quote:we picked 2nd last year. it didnt exactly turn us into an instant contender
That's be cause their were no franchise QBs. There are this year and the Jags are in desperate need.

Quote:Count me as one of the people who would take RG3 if they wanted to give him up. I am debating if I am okay with a 1st for him, but I would definitely be okay with a 2nd.
Heck I'll take RG3

Quote:That's be cause their were no franchise QBs. There are this year and the Jags are in desperate need.
Sweet!

So, which ones are the fail safe QBs, and how many superbowls can we pencil in with each?

This should be good.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:That's be cause their were no franchise QBs. There are this year and the Jags are in desperate need.

I see you haven't backed up from the diss you gave me. Big Grin
"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:It is all about the qb. Except this isn't baseball. it takes more then a pitcher to decide games.
Yeah, it really does. A great QB can have no defense and fumble machine for a RB and lose.

Only unlike any other position, you can't consistently win in today's NFL without a good QB. You will rarely make playoffs and you'll never sniff a Superbowl.

Quote:Sweet!

So, which ones are the fail safe QBs, and how many superbowls can we pencil in with each?

This should be good.
Of course there are no fail safes but the better the draft pick, the better the chance of getting the guy they want.

If you trust Dave's evaluation skills and he takes someone with the number one overall pick, than clearly that is who he thinks is the best player in the entire draft. Why would you not want that player on this team? Why would you want to settle?

Quote:Don't know if people been watching but Luck is not that good. Everybody cried that we gave the Colts him to beat us for the next 10-15 years but he's suspect as hell as an elite quarterback. Not too many qb's will fit that elite bill, we just need great to good players and a serviceable td thrower. That's what a lot of teams have anyway.

I would take Cam Newton over Luck right now

But if you look back in draft stats.  Hardly any of them is the number one pick.   

#Gojags

Quote:But if you look back in draft stats. Hardly any of them is the number one pick.
Yes but that doesn't mean it can't happen and that doesn't mean this team can afford to pass on the chance to get the guy they think can take them all the way.

I'm not worried.  We'll probably lose to the Texans next week.  The Falcons win.  Having the #1 pick, and more wins than last year will actually feel pretty good.  I've still got faith.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke.